Superman Star, Margot Kidder dead at 69

Cellblock2429

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 22, 2016
New York
She was the best Lois Lane.
Margot Kidder, the actress who played Lois Lane in "Superman," died Sunday in Montana ... TMZ has learned.

Margot was at her home when she passed away, according to the spokesperson at Franzen-Davis Funeral Home in Livingston, MT. The cause of death is unknown at this point.

Sad to hear

I knew she suffered from some mental health issues in recent years, but she was an enjoyable actress to watch and had a sexy voice

She had a rough life after Superman - Yep, adorable as the original LL. RIP

Things got tough for Margot Kidder. She picked up work in TV movies and voiceover gigs, but she never quite hit the heights of her superhero heyday. What’s more, troubles with her personal life were starting to bleed into her professional life. Kidder was married three times within 1976 and 1983 – including her marriage to 'Home Alone’ actor John Heard – but none of the relationships lasted longer than a year. In 1990, she was involved in a serious car crash which left her unable to work for two years. Over that period, Kidder filed for bankruptcy, meaning she could no longer afford to be choosy about her work. But her problems were just beginning.

In 1996, Kidder began to have violent mood swings. While writing her memoirs, her computer became infected with a virus, which led her to believe she was under surveillance and that her first husband, French director Philippe de Broca, was trying to kill her. Unbeknownst to Kidder, she was bipolar, and in her paranoid state she suffered a major manic episode. Convinced her life was in danger, Kidder left home and faked her own death, cutting her hair off with razor blades and removing the caps from her teeth. She was homeless for a short while until she was found sheltering under a family’s porch, coincidentally just yards from where 'Superman’ was filmed. Kidder was entered into psychiatric care, where she was finally diagnosed as bipolar.​

What Happened To The Original Lois Lane Margot Kidder?

tumblr_inline_o22wl0bQuM1tvm1vp_1280.jpg

She had a tough stretch for a few years. Homeless, bi-polar, etc...

She's at peace now. I hope her daughter finds comfort in that.

Sorry to see her pass, but, considering her problems, maybe it's a blessing.

but the BEST Lois Lane?

Don't think so.

I place Phyliss, Noel Neill, Terri Hatcher above Margot

I place Phyliss, Noel Neill, Terri Hatcher above Margot

I liked Phyllis Coates because she was a sharp newswoman who was the equal of Clark Kent. George Reeves made the best Clark Kent but not the best Superman
I found Noel Neil to be a whiny damsel in distress
Terry Hatcher was sexy as hell and made a great Lois
I liked Margot in the first couple of movies. She seemed to balance the vulnerability with the sharp newswoman

RIP Margot Kidder.

-"The actress was rocked by struggles with bipolar disorder in the 1990s and had a breakdown in 1996, which led to a brief stint with homelessness.-"

Very sad.:(

What was the cause of death?

RIP Margot Kidder.

-"The actress was rocked by struggles with bipolar disorder in the 1990s and had a breakdown in 1996, which led to a brief stint with homelessness.-"

Very sad.:(

What was the cause of death?
Kryptonite

Forum List

Back