superdelegates

superdelegates are like super hero action figures for the democrats:

A "superdelegate" or an "unpledged delegate" is a delegate to the Democratic National Convention or Republican National Convention that is seated automatically, based on their status as current (Republican and Democratic) or former (Democratic only) party leader or elected official. Other superdelegates are chosen during the primary season. Democratic superdelegates are free to support any candidate for the nomination. This contrasts with convention delegates that are selected based on the party primaries and caucuses in each U.S. state, in which voters choose among candidates for the party's presidential nomination.

Although "superdelegate" was originally coined and created to describe this type of Democratic delegate, the term has become widely used to describe these delegates in both parties,[1] even though it is not an official term used by either party.

For Democrats, superdelegates fall into two categories:

• delegates seated based on other positions they hold, who are formally described (in Rule 9.A) as "unpledged party leader and elected official delegates"[2](unpledged PLEO delegates); and
  • additional unpledged delegates selected by each state party (in a fixed predetermined number), who are formally described (in Rule 9.B) as "unpledged add-on delegates" and who need not hold any party or elected position before their selection as delegates.[2]
For Republicans, there are generally 3 unpledged delegates in each state, consisting of the state chairman and two RNC committee members. However, according to the RNC communications director Sean Spicer, convention rules obligate those RNC members to vote according to the result of primary elections held in their states. [3]

A common criticism is that unpledged delegates could potentially swing the results to nominate a candidate that did not receive the majority of votes during the primaries.

watch for DWS to start changing things around. if i was in a union and conservative i'd be pissed, how they spend my dues.

images

btw, beyonce sucks. all that music is canned you know, it's the half value two for one millie vanilli halftime show.

meh... i think they should get rid of the whole EC thing... then we wouldn't have had baby bush as president.

but until then, this is what it is. sometimes it works for you....sometimes it doesn't.
hi j., i thought of you when i posed the supreme court question/post. i was hoping you would weigh in on the subject.

and what can DWS do to change rules to accommodate biden or whomever if the FBI squeezes hillary out ? can you guys run with bernie ??

I signed up to participate in the GOP precinct caucus on the 23rd and have done everything I can to gather information on exactly how it works.

It will be very interesting to see exactly what goes on at one.

There are actually two options. One registers Republican in person or electronically by a set date and can preregister or wait until the actual caucus.

To sign in you have to show proof that you are registered Republican and must provide a government-issued photo ID.

You can either fill out a ballot for a specific candidate - and leave - or you can stay and go through presentations and discuss the actual candidates. That will then lead to selecting delegates to the county caucus - I guess anyone can seek to be one. It will be interesting to me to see how many seeking to become delegates are members of the GOP machine.

Hell. I might even seek to become a delegate myself. We'll see.

Anyhow, will report when it's all over.

I signed up to participate in the GOP precinct caucus on the 23rd and have done everything I can to gather information on exactly how it works.

It will be very interesting to see exactly what goes on at one.

There are actually two options. One registers Republican in person or electronically by a set date and can preregister or wait until the actual caucus.

To sign in you have to show proof that you are registered Republican and must provide a government-issued photo ID.

You can either fill out a ballot for a specific candidate - and leave - or you can stay and go through presentations and discuss the actual candidates. That will then lead to selecting delegates to the county caucus - I guess anyone can seek to be one. It will be interesting to me to see how many seeking to become delegates are members of the GOP machine.

Hell. I might even seek to become a delegate myself. We'll see.

Anyhow, will report when it's all over.
awesome, please do !!

IOW, it's a way to rig the system.

It's like I have been telling all you noobs here at USMB.

Democracy is an illusion. You have no control.

Yes
When we were a Republic the Constitution works, we the people were in control.
It has been changed to a Democracy and now it is not working and the elites in both parties are now in control.
would we still be a democratic republic ??

We would be a Constitutional Republic with checks and balances again.

Yes
It has been changed to a Democracy and now it is not working and the elites in both parties are now in control.
Here's the kicker Peach, both parties are controlled by the same folks.

Then they get the people in both parties divided over stupid tertiary issues so they don't notice this fact. It keeps them distracted from the fact that both parties generally agree on the important issues. The issues that are screwing over the little folks in the nation.

The wars in the middle east for control and power continue, no matter who is in charge. The debasement of the economy for the Wall Street tycoons is always the same. The Clinton and the Bush family have always had the same backers.

It doesn't matter if you are gay or straight, black or white, like religious freedom or not, in the end, we're all fucked.

The super state is coming. The internationalists will have their way.

. . . . unless someone makes America great again? :lmao:

Yes

what needs to happen ? the supreme court will do what it will do. i have never worried for one second that our constitution wouldn't survive any person or group, but that's only for eight years.

i don't care for term limits on congress. George Washington started the tradition of 8 for the prez, both roosevelts almost blew it. when Trump takes over, they will call him a king and a dictator, just like everyone before him.

Yes

what needs to happen ? the supreme court will do what it will do. i have never worried for one second that our constitution wouldn't survive any person or group, but that's only for eight years.

i don't care for term limits on congress. George Washington started the tradition of 8 for the prez, both roosevelts almost blew it. when Trump takes over, they will call him a king and a dictator, just like everyone before him.

If we get Hillary or Sanders yes it will be in jeopardy in 8 years.

Hillary won the popular vote in her party last go round but lost the election.

Yeah because Obama got most of the super delegates.
Now she is doing the same thing against Sanders.
about half the superdelegates have not committed to Hillary or anyone, so Bernie has a good chance to capture all of those super delegates...

plus, a couple of the super delegates that initially committed to Hillary were in the news saying they were going to or had already, changed their commitment to Bernie the past couple of days.

Yes

Then they get the people in both parties divided over stupid tertiary issues so they don't notice this fact. It keeps them distracted from the fact that both parties generally agree on the important issues. The issues that are screwing over the little folks in the nation.

The wars in the middle east for control and power continue, no matter who is in charge. The debasement of the economy for the Wall Street tycoons is always the same. The Clinton and the Bush family have always had the same backers.

It doesn't matter if you are gay or straight, black or white, like religious freedom or not, in the end, we're all fucked.

Did you know Trump stole that from Regan? :)

about half the superdelegates have not committed to Hillary or anyone, so Bernie has a good chance to capture all of those super delegates...

plus, a couple of the super delegates that initially committed to Hillary were in the news saying they were going to or had already, changed their commitment to Bernie the past couple of days.

Do you see what is wrong with the way the super delegates have been done?
Those rules needs to change back to the way it was before both parties changed them in the 70's and 80's.
They changed them to favor the incumbents not for the ordinary citizen who wants to run.
It is the very reason why it is so hard for a 3rd party to run.

Those rules needs to change back to the way it was before both parties changed them in the 70's and 80's.
They changed them to favor the incumbents not for the ordinary citizen who wants to run.
yes, I do....

Why are ''parties'' even running our election process? Was it always this way?

yes, I do....

Yes, but the second place guy became the vice president. Made for interesting times.

the fix is much worse for the Dems than the Reps....

Reps have 200 superdelegates.....or 16% of their 1237 total delegates needed to win

Dems have 712 superdelegates.......or 30% of their 2382 total delegates needed to win

can hillary order delegates to be unsupered ?

yes, I do....

A bit of the Dems history on this and why they changed it in 1968.
McGovern–Fraser Commission - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Democratic National Convention believed that the common people would not always make the right choice or the choice that would necessarily win against the Republicans. So they negotiated a system where party bosses had a louder voice while at the same time could not completely override the voice of the people.... hence "Super Delegates" :)

Yes

Did you know Trump stole that from Regan? :)
Did you know that both Reagan and Hitler were set up to do the bidding of the internationalists?

It's not over till Trump is.

Even if he gets elected, there are no guarantees that he won't be the exact catalyst for what the internationalists desire. A war on the US. If they can't get brainwashed and manipulated the US citizens to give up their arms peacefully, they just might come in a do it by force when they crash the dollar. . .

What if the internationalists WANT a neo-isolationist as POTUS? What if the internationalists WANT an excuse to crash the dollar and wreck the US economy? If he isn't one of them yet, he might be by the time this is all over. Reagan had two choices, join them or die.

We know which one he chose in the end.
456800162-president-ronald-reagan-is-presented-the-gettyimages.jpg

President Ronald Reagan is presented the Grand Cross of Merit Special Class during a special dinner sponsored by the Knight of Malta at the Waldorf.

The destruction of the US may be the only way a new international order might be born. . . .

How else are they going to replace the world's reserve currency and reset the world economy? All those toxic assets from the '08 crash are still festering in our basement you know. . . .

Last edited:

can hillary order delegates to be unsupered ?
no, only the super delegates can choose or not choose a candidate....and they can change their minds a hundred times before the convention swaying back and forth between candidates or committing to no candidate at all...

Most of the super delegates are our elected officials in congress and the senate that will have to work with any future president, then ex presidents vice presidents, governors.... people that we the people have elected to represent us in the Democratic party, now or in the past.

yes, I do....

I read that many of the Founders were against political parties having seen the discord in the British parliament.

The original concept of our representative republic was set up so that political parties were unnecessary. Small groups of neighbors got together to select one of their own to go to the House of Representatives during the winter months when not needed to work the fields and farms.

The same held true with each state sending selectees from neighborhoods to the state houses of representatives.

Counties selected one person to represent them in the state senates. Each state house nominated potential federal senators who were then elected.

Finally, potential candidates for POTUS were sent to the Congress where the combined body sitting as the Electoral College selected the president and vice president.

It was only after partisan politics raised its ugly head that the entire process got screwed up and sent to the place where the one with the most money now seems to win.

To summarize - what you are seeing now is individual political parties going through the throes of selecting their nominees to be presented to the American voters in the general election. THAT is the election run by the government!

New Topics

Forum List

Back