Superbowl - Steelers Vs. Seahawks

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
I'm not afraid to admit I'm a bit scared about this game. I was pulling for Carolina after my Steelers won yesterday. :)

The Seahawks looked nothing short of spectacular. Their offense is kicking it on all cylinders and it will take a superior effort by the Steelers D to hold them down.

Shaun Alexander had over 1800 yards rushing. Hasselbeck had 3400 passing. Engram and Jurevicius ate up a lot of yards receiving...

Then again, so did Carlson Palmer (Kitna), Peyton Manning, Jake Plummer, Corey Dillon, Edgerrin James, Tatum Bell & Anderson accompanied by Rod Smith at WR. The #1, #2 & #3 seeds in the AFC were all dominated by the Steelers in various, and almost every aspect of the game.

2 very well coached teams running on high octane. Should be a superb game. One QB will make history, Hasselbeck or Roethlisberger. I give the edge to Big Ben but Hasselbeck has Alexander in the backfield to keep the Steelers well on their toes.

Congrats to both teams on their respective conference titles, and good luck in the Super Bowl XL!

Btw - the Super Bowl was named XL (extra large) because they know the Bus will be getting his long awaited and deserving ring! :)

As for yesterday's games: Denver's offense apparently thought they could sit out the first half. Jake Plummer's outing was nothing short of crappy, which is too bad, because I've always pulled for him. I think he's a good QB for the Broncos, but yesterday, he stank. Pittsburgh showed that they have a lot of heart.

Carolina - weren't they supposed to have a defense? Like, guys who can stop the other team from scoring? They must have forgotten that there was a game. Seattle's D, on the other hand, totally shut down the one-dimensional Caroina offense of Steve Smith, knocked out the Carolina RB (quite literally), and basically PWN3D the Panthers.

My only concern if I were a Steelers fan - what if Denver doesnt lose the ball 4 times. 21 points comes off the score.

I'm very excited for the SB, although as-is, I don't mind if Seattle Loses. I'm just thrilled beyond imagination Seattle will be there. I honestly doubted I'd see it in my lifetime.

:)

woot!

gop_jeff said:
...knocked out the Carolina RB (quite literally), and basically PWN3D the Panthers.
He got knocked the fuck out. I'm sure living rooms across America all went Ohhhhhhhhhh! when they showed that replay. It was sweet.

is.php

dmp said:
My only concern if I were a Steelers fan - what if Denver doesnt lose the ball 4 times. 21 points comes off the score.

I'd be more concerned about that stat if I were a Seahawks fan! One INT by Plummer was atrocious, but the Steelers forced the other 3 turnovers and harassed Plummer all afternoon - the same thing they did to Manning.

Mr. P said:
I don't know a thing about the record of these two teams, but from the final scores yesterday, I'd say this is going to be one good Super Bowl to watch.

Pittsburgh 11-5
Seattle 13-3

Seattle #2 offense in NFL
Pittsburgh #15 offense in NFL

Pittsburgh #4 defense in NFL
Seattle #16 defense in NFL

We can compare all day long but those totals sum it up nicely. 2 different styles of play though, although the Steelers seem to be turning towards a more offensive oriented team as of late. I think this game comes down to whether or not the Steelers D can stop Seattle or not.

jimnyc said:
Pittsburgh 11-5
Seattle 13-3

Seattle #2 offense in NFL
Pittsburgh #15 offense in NFL

Pittsburgh #4 defense in NFL
Seattle #16 defense in NFL

We can compare all day long but those totals sum it up nicely. 2 different styles of play though, although the Steelers seem to be turning towards a more offensive oriented team as of late. I think this game comes down to whether or not the Steelers D can stop Seattle or not.
Well, if I had to make a pick...I'm going with Pit!

jimnyc said:
I'd be more concerned about that stat if I were a Seahawks fan! One INT by Plummer was atrocious, but the Steelers forced the other 3 turnovers and harassed Plummer all afternoon - the same thing they did to Manning.

My angle was, Seattle won't be as careless as Denver was. :)

dmp said:
My angle was, Seattle won't be as careless as Denver was. :)

I don't think so either.

Alexander scares me the most but the Steelers only let one player rush for 100 yards this year. I'm afraid his explosiveness will open up the passing game though. Hopefully Polamalu will be on his A game!

jimnyc said:
I'm not afraid to admit I'm a bit scared about this game. I was pulling for Carolina after my Steelers won yesterday. :)

The Seahawks looked nothing short of spectacular. Their offense is kicking it on all cylinders and it will take a superior effort by the Steelers D to hold them down.

Shaun Alexander had over 1800 yards rushing. Hasselbeck had 3400 passing. Engram and Jurevicius ate up a lot of yards receiving...

Then again, so did Carlson Palmer (Kitna), Peyton Manning, Jake Plummer, Corey Dillon, Edgerrin James, Tatum Bell & Anderson accompanied by Rod Smith at WR. The #1, #2 & #3 seeds in the AFC were all dominated by the Steelers in various, and almost every aspect of the game.

2 very well coached teams running on high octane. Should be a superb game. One QB will make history, Hasselbeck or Roethlisberger. I give the edge to Big Ben but Hasselbeck has Alexander in the backfield to keep the Steelers well on their toes.

Congrats to both teams on their respective conference titles, and good luck in the Super Bowl XL!

Btw - the Super Bowl was named XL (extra large) because they know the Bus will be getting his long awaited and deserving ring! :)

While I can agree with much of your post, I think if the Steeler D is clicking like it has the past two weeks, Seattle isn't going to look so good. Just too bad they can't suit up Jack Lambert as insurance. ;)

Forum List

Back