Superbowl Prediction

Originally posted by lilcountriegal
Wow Jim... damn near choked on my drink when I saw Carolina.

I guess part of it is wishful thinking and part a hunch. Every time I rule them out they come back and bite me in the ass!

:finger: The Eagles!

My Super Bowl Prediction:

One team will win.

The other will lose.

Countless millions will be spent on advertisements. Nobody will remember the products, only the punch lines.

My husband will drink copious amounts of wine and scream until he is hoarse. Fortunately, he will be out of the house when he does this.

I will ignore the entire thing and listen to music instead.

:p:

Only if you boys post pics of your goodies first.

;)

What's the Superbowl?

(I do know really but it has no relevence here)

Originally posted by Jimmyeatworld
The why did you come to this board?

Please tell me you didn't come here because of "Sports". As much as we are glad to have you aboard, there is A LOT more to this board than the superbowl.

An Apology

Originally posted by jimnyc
Please tell me you didn't come here because of "Sports". As much as we are glad to have you aboard, there is A LOT more to this board than the superbowl.

It seems that my British sense of humour has soared over some peoples heads and irritated others.

I apologize for that, no offence was intended.

Jim, I certainly did not join the board for the sports section. At the risk of causing further offence, I feel there are a lot more important issues to discuss than sport.

In fact there was a surge in interest in American Football, if I may use that expression, in the UK a few years ago when the Superbowl was shown live in the early hours. But interest has subsequently waned and they don't even show recorded highlights any more.

The Superbowl is an important event in the US I know, very much akin to the FA Cup Final here (which, incidentally, I don't watch either).

So guys, sorry for my weird sense of humour, please don't take it personally.

5.10 - Don't apologize! My response wasn't directed towards you at all.

Jimmyeatworld was questioning why you were on this board because you wrote "what's the superbowl". I was stating to HIM that I hope HE wasn't here solely for sports, as this sports section is just a tiny piece of this board and certainly not what the board was designed for.

Sorry for the confusion!!

Forum List

Back