Super glue on your eyeglass lens

miketx

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2015
Fatal at best. one of the little pads that rest on your nose on my glasses broke off so I was gonna try to fix it. I noticed what was left of it was held in with a tiny screw. I had an old pair of reading glasses that still had both pads on them and they were held on by screws also. So I took the broken pad off and the one from the reading glasses too. It fit my glasses and looked just like the old one. So after fitting it into the tiny housing and finally getting the micro screw in I tightened it down. But it would not get tight. Nor would the screw out of the reading glasses. So I got out the super glue and put a tiny bit on the screw so it could not fall out and set the glasses down for the glue to dry. After a short while I picked them up and got a lens wipe and cleaned the lenses and oh my gosh! Some how, and I have no idea how, I smeared super glue across the right lens and it was ruined!

Dammit! I tried soap and water to get it loose, I tried Windex and nothing worked. I finally looked on the internet and found all kids of other ways to remove it that DID NOT WORK! Why is there so much bullshit on the internet? So I looked some more and found a site that claimed acetone would take it off, like the kind in fingernail polish remover, only I didn't have any. I went and got some and while it took some scrubbing with paper towels, viola! It worked. Yay!

0*wq2EI1oxtMYkAAJG.gif

When you acetone ears go up in anti-terror outfits.

When you buy nail polish remover you pay more and it's perfumed someboedy's gaydar goes off.

Damned either way.

But SERIOUSLY dammed if the lenses are plastic rather than glass 'cause acetone EATS plastic.

• Banned
When you acetone ears go up in anti-terror outfits.

When you buy nail polish remover you pay more and it's perfumed someboedy's gaydar goes off.

Damned either way.

But SERIOUSLY dammed if the lenses are plastic rather than glass 'cause acetone EATS plastic.
Didn't eat mine.

Forum List

Back