Super efficient car engine

TroglocratsRdumb

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2017
It is a two stroke engine, no valves, no push rods, no rocker arms, no cam, no spark plugs, and no cylinder head. It has two cranks with opposing pistons in each cylinder. Ford is road testing them now. GM is just getting started. The Ford has 270HP and 480TQ and gets 37 MPG on gasoline. That is big block power with economy car gas mileage. The diesel version gets even better MPG. And, it pollutes less. And it's much cheaper to build because there are fewer moving parts.
https://www.caranddriver.com/features/a25224238/achates-opposed-piston-engine/

acahtes-engine-cutaway.png

achates enginehdkhdkh.jpg

It is a two stroke engine, no valves, no push rods, no rocker arms, no cam, no spark plugs, and no cylinder head. It has two cranks with opposing pistons in each cylinder. Ford is road testing them now. GM is just getting started. The Ford has 270HP and 480TQ and gets 37 MPG on gasoline. That is big block power with economy car gas mileage. The diesel version gets even better MPG. And, it pollutes less. And it's much cheaper to build because there are fewer moving parts.

View attachment 274268
View attachment 274269

Cool, I rebuild old Stihl chainsaws as a hobby job. The compression must be so high it doesn't need a spark plug.

View attachment 274268
View attachment 274269

Cool, I rebuild old Stihl chainsaws as a hobby job. The compression must be so high it doesn't need a spark plug.
Yes, it uses 18:1 compression for ignition. With today's technology they can time the injection directly into the cylinder to prevent knock.
It's like two two-stroke engines bolted together at the top of their cylinders with an injector in the middle where the pistons meet.
There will probably be cars getting 60MPG by 2030.

View attachment 274268
View attachment 274269

Yes, it uses 18:1 compression for ignition. With today's technology they can time the injection directly into the cylinder to prevent knock.
It's like two two-stroke engines bolted together at the top of their cylinders with an injector in the middle where the pistons meet.
The world is going to end in 12 yrs. so there's that obstacle, but probably sooner because the Left has been singing this song for 10 already:2cents:

View attachment 274268
View attachment 274269

The world is going to end in 12 yrs. so there's that obstacle, but probably sooner because the Left has been singing this song for 10 already:2cents:

Damn, I got all excited about that engine and was thinking how cool it would be in a Razor designed for street use and you just screwed that all up. Let alone the image of AOC that popped in my mind.

Where's the report button.

View attachment 274268
View attachment 274269

Damn, I got all excited about that engine and was thinking how cool it would be in a Razor designed for street use and you just screwed that all up. Let alone the image of AOC that popped in my mind.

Where's the report button.
Oh and I forgot there won't be any gasoline to run them! Maybe we should bring back the "Big wheel"

View attachment 274268
View attachment 274269
Not new. The Germans made airplane engines like that in WWII.

View attachment 274268
View attachment 274269
The Germans made a 270 HP engine that got 37 mpg?

View attachment 274268
View attachment 274269
Serious question given your last two posts to me:

Are you mentally disabled in some way?

View attachment 274268
View attachment 274269

Youre the one saying this modern engine was made by Nazis in WW2. It obviously was not, so im making fun of your stupid comment. Up to speed now?

View attachment 274268
View attachment 274269

Youre the one saying this modern engine was made by Nazis in WW2. It obviously was not, so im making fun of your stupid comment. Up to speed now?
Been here all along, waiting for you to catch up.

View attachment 274268
View attachment 274269

No one wants you here. Go away. Youre just a buzz kill.

View attachment 274268
View attachment 274269

I have invented a much more efficient engine. I call it “downhill.”

No one wants you here. Go away. Youre just a buzz kill.
You can't handle being wrong, can you.

Grow up a bit.

Forum List

Back