Super committee had glimpse of elusive compromise

Rinata

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Reuters
Analysis

It didn't seem like mission impossible just two weeks ago.

Inside a private room on the first floor of the U.S. Senate, seven members of Washington's debt "super committee," munching beef jerky and talking taxes, thought for the first time a deal might be at hand.

Nine days after that November 7 meeting, it was all but over. Accusations of media leaks and bad faith had led to a fatal breakdown of trust among committee members fundamentally divided over the ideology of taxation and spending.

Trust that had been so painstakingly built by the six Republicans and six Democrats since the panel first began meeting nine weeks earlier unraveled at alarming speed.

By November 16 the super committee was essentially dead, according to interviews with senior aides and officials with intimate knowledge of the talks.

NBC Politics - Insight: Super committee had glimpse of elusive compromise

I am so disappointed over this. I foolishly thought it would work. Of course my first instinct is to blame the Republicans because they are usually at fault, in my view.

I really love Dr. Phil and he says something all the time that I am going to try and always consider. He always says that no matter how flat you make a pancake, there is always two sides. :) So in this case I guess both sides of this particular pancake deserve the blame.

Reuters
Analysis

Inside a private room on the first floor of the U.S. Senate, seven members of Washington's debt "super committee," munching beef jerky and talking taxes, thought for the first time a deal might be at hand.

Nine days after that November 7 meeting, it was all but over. Accusations of media leaks and bad faith had led to a fatal breakdown of trust among committee members fundamentally divided over the ideology of taxation and spending.

Trust that had been so painstakingly built by the six Republicans and six Democrats since the panel first began meeting nine weeks earlier unraveled at alarming speed.

By November 16 the super committee was essentially dead, according to interviews with senior aides and officials with intimate knowledge of the talks.

I am so disappointed over this. I foolishly thought it would work. Of course my first instinct is to blame the Republicans because they are usually at fault, in my view.

I really love Dr. Phil and he says something all the time that I am going to try and always consider. He always says that no matter how flat you make a pancake, there is always two sides. :) So in this case I guess both sides of this particular pancake deserve the blame.
Because you are a partisan hack...

The repubs offered a deal with more revenue, the dems turned it down and never countered with one of their own. In fact the dems have never come forward with any kind of plan for resolving the debt, not one fucking thing. Obama talks the talk but has never provided any leadership, never offered anything that could be scored by the CBO. The failure of this committee and the entire political establishment rests mainly with Obama and the dems.

Reuters
Analysis

Try not to respond to my posts unless you have something of value to say. I don't like to waste my time. This meely mouthed reply you posted is a total waste of time.

The repubs offered a deal with more revenue, the dems turned it down and never countered with one of their own. In fact the dems have never come forward with any kind of plan for resolving the debt, not one fucking thing. Obama talks the talk but has never provided any leadership, never offered anything that could be scored by the CBO. The failure of this committee and the entire political establishment rests mainly with Obama and the dems.

Republicans insisted on making tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans permanent. They wouldn't give an inch!!! Why oh why do you support that???

:lol: When someone 'admires' Dr Phil, you just know they're one of life's losers. :lol:

If Dr Phil was half as smart as he thinks he is, he'd know that there are three sides. Yours. Mine. And the truth.

Last edited:
:lol: When someone 'admires' Dr Phil, you just know they're one of life's losers. :lol:

If Dr Phil was half as smart as he thinks he is, he'd know that there are three sides. Yours. Mine. And the truth.

What other kind of respoinse would you give??? I have never heard you give anyone a compliment or say anything nice. You hate the entire world.

Just look at who introduced him to America? Oprah...(and coincidently? She endorsed Obama too). :eusa_shhh:

What's wrong with Oprah??? Never mind. I'm sure the bitch will tell us.

Of course you like Oprah, you and her have the same eating habits........

yes sadly that is so. they turned tail on their no revenue stance and offered as much as 500 billion, with and this is very important , static accounting to boot for those revenues, and dick durbin himself called it a breakthrough, then they shut him up and just went back to saying not enough and no. *shrugs*.

for a grp. that was demanding a 3-1 and if push came to shove, no less than 2-1 revenue to cuts, they wanted what amounted 1.25 to 1 revenue to 'cuts'.

Republicans insisted on making tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans permanent. They wouldn't give an inch!!! Why oh why do you support that???

Reuters
Analysis

Try not to respond to my posts unless you have something of value to say. I don't like to waste my time. This meely mouthed reply you posted is a total waste of time.

Reuters
Analysis

rinata, the above posts of yours are exactly why his response was dead on.

Just look at who introduced him to America? Oprah...(and coincidently? She endorsed Obama too). :eusa_shhh:

What's wrong with Oprah??? Never mind. I'm sure the bitch will tell us.
She's a Never was that fooled the LOT of you.:lol:

And made money off fools like YOU.

Did she?

Daily, I am thankful that my parents discouraged a dependence on television.

What other kind of respoinse would you give??? I have never heard you give anyone a compliment or say anything nice. You hate the entire world.

I don't do 'hate', I have a low tolerance level for stupid. Unfortunately, that means you.

Of course you like Oprah, you and her have the same eating habits........

Don't be an ass kisser. I can't stand you people that are under CG's thumb. Get a spine and some originality, you jerk.

Reuters
Analysis

rinata, the above posts of yours are exactly why his response was dead on.

Look again. I am not the one that became insulting.

I don't do 'hate', I have a low tolerance level for stupid. Unfortunately, that means you.

You don't do hate??? It's your life's blood!!! And you have a low tolerance for anything that lives. Quit trying to always come off as Polyanna. People see your posts. and no matter how you try to fool yourself, they have your number loud and clear.

New Topics

Forum List

Back