Super Committee Democrats Reject GOP Tax Proposal

I am so looking forward to the next debt ceiling drama !

This time, we need to let it tank.

Wont be till after the next Election. I think both parties want it that way. Arguing over such tiny cuts just leaves one frustrated and depressed. Not much hope for our future generations. It is very sad.

I am betting the Tea Party puts a few more candidates in place by then.

Yep, and you can bet your ass that the democrats will fear monger the shit out of everything the right does.

It wont work because Obama does not want it to work. If they fail to reach agreement Obama can run against the GOP in Congress claiming we would be in great shape if only we enacted all his policies. Never mind we enacted all his policies in the first 2 years and we're worse off now.

It wont work though, about 70% of America has caught onto the game he is playing and the lingo used by the left, people are sick of it already. No matter what Berry does his ass and every ass available on the left will be fired in 2012 barring voter fraud.

Cut the massive corrupt Entitlement programs. Even this President knows that most of these people are lazy. He said so himself recently. So start with real cuts or just go away. Why would anyone support giving the Government more Taxpayer Money at this point? Do they really think they'll spend it properly? Do they even realize they spent us into a horrific $16 Trillion Debt? I don't know about you,but i have no intentions of supporting giving them more of my money. That would be insane. It's all about cutting the corruption and spending for me. Not interested in hearing about how much more Tax Dollars they want.

the democrats don't want cuts.....all they want is revenue....

Don't buy into this word game BS, democrats want to RAISE TAXES. "More revenue" is the watered down, nicey-nicey, hope the ignorant don't catch on, politically correct name for RAISING TAXES! That's all the liberals know how to do, TAX & SPEND, even though it is PAINFULLY clear that it is OVER TAXING AND SPENDING that has gotten us INTO THIS MESS! Any politician at this point proposing NEW SPENDING should be tried for TREASON.

Don't fall for this "revenue" crap. Democrats want to RAISE TAXES, call it that. Don't let them BS anyone.

Uh-huh. :eusa_whistle:

Get off the "GOP Talking Points" BS and open your eyes to the facts. It's amazing what you can learn when you think for yourself.....

The GOP will raise taxes — on the middle class and working poor - The Washington Post

Now Republicans Want To RAISE Taxes: May Block Payroll Tax Cut Extension That Obama Says Could Save 1 Million Jobs - Business Insider

GOP may OK tax increase that Obama hopes to block - Yahoo! News

Which is what the left have been trying to do all along, so why are you bitching? Also, has it happened yet?

the do-nothing sheeple poor do no0t creATE JOBS.....people with guts and determination, smarts and self-sacrifice, people who may start with nothing but have innovative ideas and positive outlook and the willingness to work hard.....those are the ones who create jobs....

What a load of marxist class warfare pap.

What a load of marxist class warfare pap.

if you don't know......take a look at Texas vs California for a clue....

Texas? You know nothing of Texas. Texas is a cesspit. Try LIVING there and you'd understand that. :lol:

And yet the population in Texas is growing and the population in California is shrinking for the first time ever...

And which state are businesses moving to and which state is losing businesses in droves?

...probably from Austin.....

I went to Austin once for a weekend. Was the date of a friend for to go to a wedding of one of her friends from college. Maybe I'm just too old, but I didn't see the appeal to 6th street. Maybe sometime if I have the chance to go back I'll try touring some of the historic sites.

the democrats don't want cuts.....all they want is revenue....

Don't buy into this word game BS, democrats want to RAISE TAXES. "More revenue" is the watered down, nicey-nicey, hope the ignorant don't catch on, politically correct name for RAISING TAXES! That's all the liberals know how to do, TAX & SPEND, even though it is PAINFULLY clear that it is OVER TAXING AND SPENDING that has gotten us INTO THIS MESS! Any politician at this point proposing NEW SPENDING should be tried for TREASON.

Don't fall for this "revenue" crap. Democrats want to RAISE TAXES, call it that. Don't let them BS anyone.

You are god damned right the we want to raise taxes. When billionaires are paying a much smaller percentage of their income in taxes than working poor and the middle class, the tax structure must be changed.

And we need to change the re-distribution of wealth from the upward trajectory of the last 30 years, to a downward trajectory.

Yes, there are many places that we can significantly cut spending. The military-industrial complex is one of them. We can cut obscene profits there, and still live up to our promises to the citizens that serve our nation in the military. Another is health care. In this nation, we pay twice as much as most other industrial nations for health care, do not cover all of our citizens, and our results are third world. Go to a universal health care system such as Canada's. Medicare and Mediaid then disappear, and all citizens are covered. A healthier and more productive work force. And, yes, an increase in taxes for all of us, but no medical bankruptcies, and no children not getting needed medical attention.

People like you are voting for an oligarchy. You desire the nation controlled by an aristocracy of wealth that President Roosevelt spoke against at the beginning of the last century.

Well, I think that now the initial phase of the OWS movement is over, the next phase, longer and more difficult, will be to find people to address the issues that brought these people out. And to get all of these people to vote.

Already the process has started. Right now, I see no one on the right that one can support. All I can see in their programs is taking support away from our children and seniors for the benefit of the very wealthy. It seems that they would rather waterboard somebody than give an American child needed medical attention.

Perhaps next they will suggest invading Lichenstien. After all, they probably could not fuck that up too bad, and they all know from that great historical documentary, "The Mouse that Roared", that they once invaded us.

You are god damned right the we want to raise taxes. When billionaires are paying a much smaller percentage of their income in taxes than working poor and the middle class, the tax structure must be changed.

You are correct.

I want to see everybody who earns a dime, pay a minimum of 2% federal income tax.

They use the services. They can help pay for them.

After you do that, you can cut the entitlement programs.

After that, I am good with raising taxes on the rich.

Squabbling over a measly $1.2 Trillion in cuts over ten years? Man,we are doomed for sure. In ten years our Debt will be $25 Trillion or more. $1.2 Trillion in cuts is actually a joke. I can't believe they've convinced many Americans to argue over it. It's not even worth arguing about because it's meaningless. This committee can't be super because they're kryptonite.

Last edited:
Squabbling over a measly $1.2 Trillion in cuts over ten years? Man,we are doomed for sure. In ten years our Debt will be well above $25 Trillion. $1.2 Trillion in cuts is actually a joke. I can't believe they've convinced many Americans to argue over it. It's not even worth arguing about because it's meaningless. This committee can't be super because they're kryptonite.

It was set up by design for an impasse. Now both sides can claim they won without accountability.

The 120 billion a year really puts a dent in a 1.4 trillion deficit. :cuckoo:

Squabbling over a measly $1.2 Trillion in cuts over ten years? Man,we are doomed for sure. In ten years our Debt will be well above $25 Trillion. $1.2 Trillion in cuts is actually a joke. I can't believe they've convinced many Americans to argue over it. It's not even worth arguing about because it's meaningless. This committee can't be super because they're kryptonite.

It was set up by design for an impasse. Now both sides can claim they won without accountability.

The 120 billion a year really puts a dent in a 1.4 trillion deficit. :cuckoo:

Yea they sure have duped the People again. I mean they actually have people arguing about something that's not even worth arguing about. $1.2 Trillion over ten years is just a farce. And they can't even agree on that tiny amount anyway. Big Government truly blows. I can't believe so many Americans want to make it even bigger. It's so bizarre.

Two things strike me here.

1) The Democrats don't have their own counter proposal to offer.

2) The Republican proposal only offers such paltry results as they have complained about the Dems offering as insufficient in the recent past.

It seems that things are just as partisan as ever, and both sides are still doing nothing more than playing politics.

“Any super committee deal that does not include higher taxes for millionaires should be killed.” - Patriotic Millionaire$ for Fi$cal $trength

Problem solved.

:clap2:

“Any super committee deal that does not include higher taxes for millionaires should be killed.” - Patriotic Millionaire$ for Fi$cal $trength

Now let's wait for all the conservative wing nuts who DON'T make that much money come in and whine about how higher taxes on the rich is unjust and oppressing people's rights.

Are you proposing only raising Taxes on individual Millionaires & Billionaires? Because i haven't seen that proposal from Democrats yet. If you can create precise legislation that only raises Taxes on individual Millionaires & Billionaires,i think there could be some room for compromise. But keep in mind,raising these Taxes will have an impact on Business & Employment. If you're willing to sacrifice some Businesses & Jobs for higher Taxes,then that's all on you. Show me the legislation and i'll check it out.

Are you proposing only raising Taxes on individual Millionaires & Billionaires? Because i haven't seen that proposal from Democrats yet. If you can create precise legislation that only raises Taxes on individual Millionaires & Billionaires,i think there could be some room for compromise. But keep in mind,raising these Taxes will have an impact on Business & Employment. If you're willing to sacrifice some Businesses & Jobs for higher Taxes,then that's all on you. Show me the legislation and i'll check it out.

Go die you idiot.

Go die you idiot.

That's a poor piece of legislation. I cannot support it. :lol:

Forum List

Back