"Super" commitee members should resign, and the President should publicly apologize.

The super committee has failed.
And it is both unconscionable and unfortunately easily predictable. They have completely missed a great opportunity to find middle ground in a partisan way...but instead yesterday appeared on talking head shows and blamed the other guy.

They should all resign from their seat. The have failed their duty and every citizen in this country.

As for the President. He has categorically failed to be a leader. He is AWOL. He has chosen to be absent because he wants to blame it on congress rather than risk his own election.
Shame on him. He has also neglected his duty and his office.
He should publicly apologize and inform the world that he will not seek re-election.

I just watched his press conference, well, announcement really since he didn't take questions.

to sum up- republicans + evil rich + ( the house now = 'congress) = gop fault.

and he'll veto any enactment of the sequester however it makes its way to him. If I recall he agreed to the super comm. etc...no? ;)

I don't think the guy is really even interested in the "super" committee.
Like I say - he is out pushing his "jobs" bill which is inarguably a 3rd stimulus.

oh absolutely. hes out campaigning becasue he doesn't know how to lead and cannot figure out how to govern.

BTW; Clinton would eat him for lunch for lunch. I am in my 50's and have been politically aware and voting since ford/carter and I swear, I have never seen a mans legacy take such a leap as I have Bill Clintons.

And, the gop has no one now, even close either.

As USMB is primarily made up of strong partisans, there will never be a consensus agreement of who is at fault. Kinda reminds me of the US Congress!

These uncompromising politicians are making No Labels look good!

That's why this movement called No Labels is taking off. It's not about politics, it's about the politics of problem solving. We are never asking people to give up their labels, only put them aside to do what’s best for America.
FAQ | No Labels

Why? I think automatic cuts now kick in. I'm ok with that. This 'Super Committee' was anything but super. I said that from day one. Squabbling over a measly $1.2 Trillion in cuts over ten years? My God,in ten years our Debt will be well over $20 Trillion. What's $1.2 Trillion in cuts? Not even a drop in a bucket. I'm glad they failed. Now lets see if these automatic cuts kick in.

Because for the first time it would have been SOMEthing.
On one hand however, I am also glad it failed. MAYBE this will wake a few people up. The tea party is the result of the last wakeup...which was an excellent thing as they are responsible for making the deficit even appear on radar.
Let's hope their is an awakening...kick out the clueless OWS and startup something much larger and organized.

Why? I think automatic cuts now kick in. I'm ok with that. This 'Super Committee' was anything but super. I said that from day one. Squabbling over a measly $1.2 Trillion in cuts over ten years? My God,in ten years our Debt will be well over $20 Trillion. What's $1.2 Trillion in cuts? Not even a drop in a bucket. I'm glad they failed. Now lets see if these automatic cuts kick in.

yup. we are at 100% debt to gdp, right now, thats into the danger zone, comfortably for anyone else but, because we are the reserve currency we have more leeway than most. BUT, things will start downhill even faster now.

just think on this- 1.3 trillion over 10 years is little more than 12 billion, a YEAR. and, we are borrowing 40 cents on the dollar we spend now and have, unbelievably, blown thru 7.5 TRILLION dollars in 14 months. SEVEN and a HALF Trillion..........its just surreal.

And it is both unconscionable and unfortunately easily predictable. They have completely missed a great opportunity to find middle ground in a partisan way...but instead yesterday appeared on talking head shows and blamed the other guy.

They should all resign from their seat. The have failed their duty and every citizen in this country.

As for the President. He has categorically failed to be a leader. He is AWOL. He has chosen to be absent because he wants to blame it on congress rather than risk his own election.
He should publicly apologize and inform the world that he will not seek re-election.

That's pretty fucking stupid. You can't "lead" people who want you to fail. Duh!

Besides, all but what, 13 or so Republicans have signed a "pledge" to Grover Norquist that supersedes the pledge to the country. Everybody knows that. Grover was the "unofficial" chairman of that committee.

Freeze all pay until they do their damn job and do it with country first not ideology ....

yup. we are at 100% debt to gdp, right now, thats into the danger zone, comfortably for anyone else but, because we are the reserve currency we have more leeway than most. BUT, things will start downhill even faster now.

just think on this- 1.3 trillion over 10 years is little more than 12 billion, a YEAR. and, we are borrowing 40 cents on the dollar we spend now and have, unbelievably, blown thru 7.5 TRILLION dollars in 14 months. SEVEN and a HALF Trillion..........its just surreal.

I know you do to...I fear for my children. That they will never have what I have. In fact....I wouldn't be surprised if we were all living under the same roof 10 years from now...in a REAL recession.
I guess we had it coming. 30 years of treating debt as income...the worm was bound to turn.

I know you do to...I fear for my children. That they will never have what I have. In fact....I wouldn't be surprised if we were all living under the same roof 10 years from now...in a REAL recession.
I guess we had it coming. 30 years of treating debt as income...the worm was bound to turn.

Lets hope not!

That's pretty fucking stupid. You can't "lead" people who want you to fail. Duh!

Besides, all but what, 13 or so Republicans have signed a "pledge" to Grover Norquist that supersedes the pledge to the country. Everybody knows that. Grover was the "unofficial" chairman of that committee.

Hey the adults are talking. :50:
There are plenty of Truthmatters threads for you to play in.

someone forgot to tell pat toomey, eh? boob.

The Dems wanted cuts to defense and now they have them.

What was their incentive to make a deal work?

Exactly. Then Panetta comes out and whines about the cuts. Defense has to be cut, The Clinton tax rates imposed, and entitlements reformed. We got the defense cuts, we got the Clinton tax rates as of 1/1/13, but what about entitlement reform?

We need reforms that make SS & Medicare solvent thru 2050. Medicare is bankrupt in 2017!!

I agree. It is his fault the congress is a failure?!! Oh and its his fault the right could not come to agreement with the left, so he should resign right now. There is no way one side made it so there was ABSOLUTLY no compromise possible. One side said the number one priority was to make it so he was a one term president, so you know they were ready for compromise.

Last edited:

Exactly. Then Panetta comes out and whines about the cuts. Defense has to be cut, The Clinton tax rates imposed, and entitlements reformed. We got the defense cuts, we got the Clinton tax rates as of 1/1/13, but what about entitlement reform?

We need reforms that make SS & Medicare solvent thru 2050. Medicare is bankrupt in 2017!!

gates was warning that defense cuts were going overboard 2 years ago. now, let it be said, thats his job, so its expected, BUT he got along with obama. Panetta was saying same when he took over, and he is totally obamas man.

def. can be cut, but the sequester process just cut money across the board with little to no regard for policy of cuts.

the super committee was a cop out, after 2 years of having a budget majority and 8 months of a supra majority reid cut bait. they didn't do a budget for 2010 nor 11. they have abrogated their responsibility and obama wants to make this appear to be one hald of congresses fault alone.

if there was/is a do nothing congress, well the dems own that, they rammed thru obamacare and little else and lord they spent, from a fiduciary standpoint they were worse than the reps in the 2000's.....

gates was warning that defense cuts were going overboard 2 years ago. now, let it be said, thats his job, so its expected, BUT he got along with obama. Panetta was saying same when he took over, and he is totally obamas man.

def. can be cut, but the sequester process just cut money across the board with little to no regard for policy of cuts.

the super committee was a cop out, after 2 years of having a budget majority and 8 months of a supra majority reid cut bait. they didn't do a budget for 2010 nor 11. they have abrogated their responsibility and obama wants to make this appear to be one hald of congresses fault alone.

if there was/is a do nothing congress, well the dems own that, they rammed thru obamacare and little else and lord they spent, from a fiduciary standpoint they were worse than the reps in the 2000's.....

Hey! WTF?
If this is true then it isn't just the republicans fault!
Wait...OMG...it's not just the Republicans fault???

Exactly. If congress does nothing then.......

1) The Bush tax cuts expire

2) The automatice cuts kick in

How can those two things be so bad? It's exactly what needs to happen.

Forum List

Back