Super Bowl XLIX Predictions

I am treating this superbowl differently than I did last year despite those facts because for one,the hawks don't have a strong kick returner anymore with both tate and harvin gone.

Last year.there was no doubt in my mind whatsoever the Hawks would win the superbowl after they won the NFC title game.I knew the REAL superbowl was played against the niners,that was the game I was worried about.

I was so sure beyond a doubt the hawks would win last year willing to put up my life savings on it if I was able to find anyone willing to do so.I only could find a couple suckers to bet just a few hundred though.damn.

I had never been THAT confidant and sure about a superbowl since the 49ers and broncos game when what everybody knew would happen,dd happen,the niners blowing out the donkeys.only difference here was it was just the opposite with most the country thinking the donkeys would win the superbowl last year..lol

I am treating this superbowl like I did the ravens/niners superbowl.I felt good about the ravens winning it but not sure enough to bet my life savings though like last year or the niner/broncos game so I only bet a dinner.

That's the kind of bet I am only betting this year because this time around,they are not facing a quarterback who gets scared and panicks in big games and the pats don't have any injurys to key players like the donkeys did last year.those were the two facts why I had supreme confidance in my bet last year but don't this year.

I predict there will be snacks at my house.

Probably pee once, possibly twice.

There will be no wardrobe malfunction during half time.

It will be the most over analyized Super Bowl in history. That is BEFORE the game.

I predict that Blount and his ineffective RB pals will have a very difficult time with the Seahawk's Run Defense.

I predict that Gronkowski will get thumped by the Seahawk Linebackers within the 5 yards allowable and have a horrible day. He WILL catch a scant few balls but will immediately get hit by Chancellor and have next to nothing in YAC. He is a big tough guy but will be frustrated by the Seahawk coverage.

Brady WILL be moved from his comfort zone in the pocket and be forced to make most of his throws when he and his receivers are not where he wants them to be leading to possibly a couple of interceptions and way more in-completions than will sustain Patriot drives. I can't see a lot of sackage from either team but Wilson will make far better use of being moved from the pocket than Brady. Wilson won't be throwing in the wind and rain of the NFC Championship game so I see a MUCH better % of accuracy in his throws resulting in more sustained drives by the Seahawks.

All in all I believe the Seahawks will win more comfortably than most people imagine.

31-20 Seahawks.

That was what BP pointed out earlier somewhere was that most his interceptions were not his fault,that the weather played a factor in them pointing out the fact that Rodgers had trouble throwing the ball as well which is true enough throwing two interceptions in the game.

some quarterbacks it bothers more than others playing in bad conditions.I still remember a game from 95 played in Denver between them and the Kansas city clowns where it was a blizzard and strange enough,it was Elway that had all the problems playing in that game throwing the football where the clowns quarterback steve bonehead,had no problems.go figure. This was a future hall of famer that struggled where a backup journeyman did just fine though.:wtf:

so I can cut Wilson some slack on that game.The only one of the four interceptions that was his fault and on him was the one he threw at halftime.Now that one I don't know what he was thinking since Kearse was covered the entire time.That was very uncharistic of him to throw that.this time he wont have to worry about the weather though.That probably played a factor in Baldwin fumbling the kickoff as well.they will be much more focused this time not having to deal with the weather.good thing it was last year they played the superbowl in new york huh folks?

The colts don't have a defense and have always struggled with the cheatriots stopping the run.The ravens have a much better run defense and they stopped it which is why the pats attacked their weakness,pas defense having two of their starters in the secondary out which is why they were able to come back and score two touchdowns being down twice against them.they wont have that luxary this time passing against the secondary of the Hawks.they were not able to run the ball against the ravens so what hope will they have against the hawks?

their only threat in the passing game is Gronk.chancellor though can cover him just fine so the others wont be able to get open.

Well I would say two of those interceptions were Wilson's fault. Two of them bounced off the receiver's hands and Green Bay took advantage. But the 2nd and 3rd picks were balls Wilson should not have thrown. Wilson is not above throwing a dangerous pass every now and then, it's just that usually he manages to connect and in that game he didn't. Hard rain always has a negative effect on the pass and lends itself toward running offense so it's not surprising that Blount and Lynch exploded in their respective games. The conditions and the flow of the games demanded it.

The Colts are a mediocre run D at best. Footballoutsiders has them at 19th against the run in DVOA at 1.3%. Keeping in mind that negative numbers in DVOA is what you want for defense that suggests that their run D is a liability. By comparison Seattle's run D is 2nd at -25.1% where Baltimore is 5th at -19.3%. So if someone is going to suggest that New England will have success on the ground they are going to have to make that argument based on something and a statistical argument can't be the basis because the statistics favor Seattle in a landslide.

Again it's probabilities. Can Blount have a good day against Seattle? Sure! Anything can happen, but is it probable? Oh hell no!

Fact is, Seattle is in the SB by shear luck. And both the players and their fans know it.

Fact is, the Pats scored 28 points with INFLATED balls in the second half, totally embarrassing the Colts.

Fact is, which ever team the refs make calls for will win.

don't forget though,the washington redskins were in the superbowl in 87 by sheer luck of an easy dropped pass as well in the NFC title game that year as both their players and fans knew it also against the Minnesota Vikings when a Viking player was wide open in the end zone and the ball was thrown perfectly at his stomach and he got butterfingers and dropped the pass.

I thought the redskins just backed into that game and the donkeys were going to blow them out since they got lucky.I NEVER considered for a second that the donkeys might lose that game back then.Big mistake on my part.

Oh and don't forget,the Only reason the cheatriots were able to come back against the ravens like they did was they had an injured secondary not starting.with two weeks rest,sherman and Thomas will be ready to go.

the matchups don't favor the cheatriots.

Last edited:
I predict that Blount and his ineffective RB pals will have a very difficult time with the Seahawk's Run Defense.

I predict that Gronkowski will get thumped by the Seahawk Linebackers within the 5 yards allowable and have a horrible day. He WILL catch a scant few balls but will immediately get hit by Chancellor and have next to nothing in YAC. He is a big tough guy but will be frustrated by the Seahawk coverage.

Brady WILL be moved from his comfort zone in the pocket and be forced to make most of his throws when he and his receivers are not where he wants them to be leading to possibly a couple of interceptions and way more in-completions than will sustain Patriot drives. I can't see a lot of sackage from either team but Wilson will make far better use of being moved from the pocket than Brady. Wilson won't be throwing in the wind and rain of the NFC Championship game so I see a MUCH better % of accuracy in his throws resulting in more sustained drives by the Seahawks.

All in all I believe the Seahawks will win more comfortably than most people imagine.

31-20 Seahawks.

That was what BP pointed out earlier somewhere was that most his interceptions were not his fault,that the weather played a factor in them pointing out the fact that Rodgers had trouble throwing the ball as well which is true enough throwing two interceptions in the game.

some quarterbacks it bothers more than others playing in bad conditions.I still remember a game from 95 played in Denver between them and the Kansas city clowns where it was a blizzard and strange enough,it was Elway that had all the problems playing in that game throwing the football where the clowns quarterback steve bonehead,had no problems.go figure. This was a future hall of famer that struggled where a backup journeyman did just fine though.:wtf:

so I can cut Wilson some slack on that game.The only one of the four interceptions that was his fault and on him was the one he threw at halftime.Now that one I don't know what he was thinking since Kearse was covered the entire time.That was very uncharistic of him to throw that.this time he wont have to worry about the weather though.That probably played a factor in Baldwin fumbling the kickoff as well.they will be much more focused this time not having to deal with the weather.good thing it was last year they played the superbowl in new york huh folks?

The colts don't have a defense and have always struggled with the cheatriots stopping the run.The ravens have a much better run defense and they stopped it which is why the pats attacked their weakness,pas defense having two of their starters in the secondary out which is why they were able to come back and score two touchdowns being down twice against them.they wont have that luxary this time passing against the secondary of the Hawks.they were not able to run the ball against the ravens so what hope will they have against the hawks?

their only threat in the passing game is Gronk.chancellor though can cover him just fine so the others wont be able to get open.

Well I would say two of those interceptions were Wilson's fault. Two of them bounced off the receiver's hands and Green Bay took advantage. But the 2nd and 3rd picks were balls Wilson should not have thrown. Wilson is not above throwing a dangerous pass every now and then, it's just that usually he manages to connect and in that game he didn't. Hard rain always has a negative effect on the pass and lends itself toward running offense so it's not surprising that Blount and Lynch exploded in their respective games. The conditions and the flow of the games demanded it.

The Colts are a mediocre run D at best. Footballoutsiders has them at 19th against the run in DVOA at 1.3%. Keeping in mind that negative numbers in DVOA is what you want for defense that suggests that their run D is a liability. By comparison Seattle's run D is 2nd at -25.1% where Baltimore is 5th at -19.3%. So if someone is going to suggest that New England will have success on the ground they are going to have to make that argument based on something and a statistical argument can't be the basis because the statistics favor Seattle in a landslide.

Again it's probabilities. Can Blount have a good day against Seattle? Sure! Anything can happen, but is it probable? Oh hell no!

exactly.anythings possible but sure not probable.If they struggled against the ravens at HOME,how do they expect doing any better against the SEAHAWKS run defense and what will pretty much be a home game for them?lol just don't see it happening.possible yes,but extremely unlikely.plus they are playing in a stadium that they are very very familiar with much more so than the pats.

as I said,I am not ruling out a pats victory like I did the donkeys last year.If the pats do win though,its not going to be easy for them by any means as one nutcase predicted a blowout putting their hate for carrol as their reason instead of using their mind and logic and common sense.:rolleyes-41:

Fact is, Seattle is in the SB by shear luck. And both the players and their fans know it.

Fact is, the Pats scored 28 points with INFLATED balls in the second half, totally embarrassing the Colts.

That observation is idiotic.

There is an element of luck in every football game on both sides of the ball.

One could easily argue that in the onside kick the Seahawk player DID his job and the GB player DID NOT do his job. That's just better training and preparation.

The REST of the last three and a half minutes of that game was just some of the best crunch time football that has ever been performed.

don't forget though,the washington redskins were in the superbowl in 87 by sheer luck of an easy dropped pass as well in the NFC title game that year as both their players and fans knew it also against the Minnesota Vikings when a Viking player was wide open in the end zone and the ball was thrown perfectly at his stomach and he got butterfingers and dropped the pass.

I thought the redskins just backed into that game and the donkeys were going to blow them out since they got lucky.big mistake.oh and don't forget,the Only reason the cheatriots were able to come back against the ravens like they did was they had an injured secondary not starting.with two weeks rest,sherman and Thomas will be ready to go.

Well like most casual "fans" Hangover only looks at one side of the equation. Was it luck that Seattle recovered the onside kick? Well there was an element of luck involved sure. It was lucky that the Green Bay player went for the ball instead of delivering the block. But Seattle also executed a perfect kick and a perfect flood into the zone. Seattle caught a break and took advantage. Well Green Bay caught some breaks too. The ball bouncing out of Kearse's hands right into a Green Bay defender instead of the ground or some other result is luck too. But people like Hangover and other tend to only look at the last few minutes and think that there were no breaks prior to that that created that situation in the first place. What really decided the game was not when the breaks came but what each team did with the breaks they got and Green Bay wasn't able to take advantage as well. Seattle turned their breaks into touchdowns and Green Bay turned their breaks into field goals and that's that

That observation is idiotic.

There is an element of luck in every football game on both sides of the ball.

One could easily argue that in the onside kick the Seahawk player DID his job and the GB player DID NOT do his job. That's just better training and preparation.

The REST of the last three and a half minutes of that game was just some of the best crunch time football that has ever been performed.
good point now that you mention that.was it LUCK that Wilson under extreme pressure and an extremely stressful situation,completed that pass with a passer all over him and the season on the line? If he doesn't complete that pass,that field goal kick of the packers at the end of regulation doesn't just tie it up and send it to overtime giving the seahawks the opportunity to win,the game is over then with the packers getting the winning field goal.

Last edited:

I thought the redskins just backed into that game and the donkeys were going to blow them out since they got lucky.big mistake.oh and don't forget,the Only reason the cheatriots were able to come back against the ravens like they did was they had an injured secondary not starting.with two weeks rest,sherman and Thomas will be ready to go.

Well like most casual "fans" Hangover only looks at one side of the equation. Was it luck that Seattle recovered the onside kick? Well there was an element of luck involved sure. It was lucky that the Green Bay player went for the ball instead of delivering the block. But Seattle also executed a perfect kick and a perfect flood into the zone. Seattle caught a break and took advantage. Well Green Bay caught some breaks too. The ball bouncing out of Kearse's hands right into a Green Bay defender instead of the ground or some other result is luck too. But people like Hangover and other tend to only look at the last few minutes and think that there were no breaks prior to that that created that situation in the first place. What really decided the game was not when the breaks came but what each team did with the breaks they got and Green Bay wasn't able to take advantage as well. Seattle turned their breaks into touchdowns and Green Bay turned their breaks into field goals and that's that

well said.yeah funny about how he forgets to mention the LUCK greenbay had getting those interceptions that came to them cause they bounced off his fingers and LUCKILY came into the green bay defenders hands.lol.

Hangover needs to stick to government corruption.a subject where he actually looks at both sides of the coin and is not biased on which is very surprising since this site seems to draw the biggest American flag waving sheep I have ever encountered at a site before.lol.

This is what burns me out during the two week break before the Super bowl, dreary dull conversation and speculation....All I want to do is place bets....

Defense rules, Seattle in a close one.

Well you know all I hear is "but this is Tom Brady". Well Peyton Manning is 0-2 against the Seattle defense and he is pretty good too, Aaron Rodgers is 0-3 and he doesn't suck, Drew Brees is 0-2, Brady himself is 0-1....about the only big time QB to beat Seattle was Rivers and look closely at that game. It was 115-120 degrees on the field and the Chargers executed a brilliant strategy of rotating receivers on fly routes. That forced the LOB to sprint in that heat on every play while the Chargers receivers only had to sprint every 4-5 downs.

I lived in Arizona for 15 years and I know that type of heat and let me tell you.....it's totally dehabilitating. When you exert yourself in that type of heat you can't see correctly, your head spins, you can't think straight. Usually you know when players are tired because their hands are on their hips huffing and puffing. The Seahawks defense had their hands on their knees, they were throwing up, having to go get IVs for hydration. I have to give credit to the Chargers...it was a brilliant strategy and it worked perfectly. It will be warm in Phoenix this week but it won't be hot.

Brady may finally be the big time quarterback that can pick the Seahawks apart in the big game, but no one has been able to do it so far...at least very few have and those that have usually have had something else supporting them be it heat, an excellent running game...something. If it's just Brady and Gronk that the Patriots are relying on to win this game, New England is doomed.

This is what burns me out during the two week break before the Super bowl, dreary dull conversation and speculation....All I want to do is place bets....

I wish they would make it a week break. Two weeks is too much.

Also make the game on a Saturday, not Sunday.

Defense rules, Seattle in a close one.

Well you know all I hear is "but this is Tom Brady". Well Peyton Manning is 0-2 against the Seattle defense and he is pretty good too, Aaron Rodgers is 0-3 and he doesn't suck, Drew Brees is 0-2, Brady himself is 0-1....about the only big time QB to beat Seattle was Rivers and look closely at that game. It was 115-120 degrees on the field and the Chargers executed a brilliant strategy of rotating receivers on fly routes. That forced the LOB to sprint in that heat on every play while the Chargers receivers only had to sprint every 4-5 downs.

I lived in Arizona for 15 years and I know that type of heat and let me tell you.....it's totally dehabilitating. When you exert yourself in that type of heat you can't see correctly, your head spins, you can't think straight. Usually you know when players are tired because their hands are on their hips huffing and puffing. The Seahawks defense had their hands on their knees, they were throwing up, having to go get IVs for hydration. I have to give credit to the Chargers...it was a brilliant strategy and it worked perfectly. It will be warm in Phoenix this week but it won't be hot.

Brady may finally be the big time quarterback that can pick the Seahawks apart in the big game, but no one has been able to do it so far...at least very few have and those that have usually have had something else supporting them be it heat, an excellent running game...something. If it's just Brady and Gronk that the Patriots are relying on to win this game, New England is doomed.

Yeah thats what I was trying to explain to a lot of the seahawks haters earlier in the year when they lost that game was how the heat affects your play but it just went through one ear and out the other with them so its refreshing to see someone on here that understands that.

these people must live like in alaska or something the fact they dont understand how heat affects your play and wearing dark colors makes it harder on the visiting team.:rolleyes-41:

It just goes through one ear and out the other with them as well when you try and explain that the chargers are used to those conditions having to play in them once in while where the seahawks dont.:rolleyes-41:

yeah I know exactly what you are talking about on Arizona also cause I lived there for a few years when i was little and I still remember to this day one day at school,the air conditioners were not working and we had just come out of gym and in arizona,when you come out of a gym class and you dont have air condition ,then its like hell as you know.

these people who kept saying back then that heat wasnt a factor for the hawks losing that game,should try and have some kind of strainful activity in the heat in arizona sometime and see how its hell trying to get along without any air condition afterwards.

That was when I was toddeler and like i said,i STILL vividly remember it to this day as well because of the hell i went throught that day.it was terrible.

Seattle can be run on...see Packer Game, everyone is talking about Brady, I think you will see a more run oriented game plan, try to get the early lead and use Seattles love of the gimmick play against em

Seattle can be run on...see Packer Game, everyone is talking about Brady, I think you will see a more run oriented game plan, try to get the early lead and use Seattles love of the gimmick play against em

Well that game was set up for the run due to the rain and even then Lacy only got 3.5 yards per carry. That's not very good, dude. Starks had 5 carries for 44 yards but one of them was a 32 yarder where there was no one in the right flat at all. The Packers had a couple good runs that really padded their stats but overall they weren't very effective running at all.

It just goes through one ear and out the other with them as well when you try and explain that the chargers are used to those conditions having to play in them once in while where the seahawks dont.:rolleyes-41:

these people who kept saying back then that heat wasnt a factor for the hawks losing that game,should try and have some kind of strainful activity in the heat in arizona sometime and see how its hell trying to get along without any air condition afterwards.

That was when I was toddeler and like i said,i STILL vividly remember it to this day as well because of the hell i went throught that day.it was terrible.

Well yeah, the Chargers were at home and they get to choose the uniform schemes. They didn't wear white and put Seattle in their blues by coincidence. :lmao: I remember wearing black shoes in the summer in Phoenix and I always wore light clothing, but when I had black shoes on my feet would literally burn (like on fire) while the rest of my body was ok.

I am in pretty good shape but I remember doing yard work in that heat and I could go maybe 15 minutes before I had to go inside and guzzle water and rest for a good 45 minutes before I went out again. Trying to play football in that heat, in dark clothing....I remember saying to my wife that they needed to stop that game until the night because it was too dangerous to play in those conditions. Earl Thomas got heat stroke and I am amazed he was the only one.

Usually its easier to stop what you know is coming and they still had a good game running the ball.

Forum List

Back