Super Bowl XLIX Predictions

Courts dismissed it but everyone knew OJ was guilty too

Well as I said in the other thread, if you read Berman's decision he didn't vacate the suspension because he thinks Brady is innocent. In fact he acknowledges that Brady is guilty as hell. He vacated the suspension because there was no penalty established by the CBA for that exact offense so Brady was unaware of the possible consequences. That was Berman's primary point. He made secondary points about Goodell acting as an arbitrator on appeal which didn't really give Brady an unbiased judge but that was after he had been found guilty in the first place. Essentially Berman said "yeah he is a cheater, but because you didn't prepare for this beforehand there's nothing you can do about it"

Yep, I have said along that Brady knew something. I have also said all along that it was really a nothing issue. Like Notre Dame coach Kelly said. In the NCAA, this wouldn't register. It's not a big advantage one way or another.

This is a CBA issue, in the endless thread with Alex it was brought several times that the punishment was never set out and the worst it would be was a team fine, not a player.

The NFL and Brady have lied through out this case and now the NFL is going to appeal. Pretty stupid, let it go.

Well from a legal standpoint it may be the case, but from a fan's perspective what I saw today was a very different thing. A federal judge just ruled that you can cheat and get away with it. I was raised with my parent's telling me that cheaters never win...well according to judge Berman...yeah actually they do. So I have to wonder why I have been playing it straight all these years and refusing to cheat to get ahead when what was just demonstrated to me is that cheating is ok. Berman even acknowledged that Brady cheated but he said it was ok because nothing had been established beforehand.

For me, I know when something is wrong because it feels wrong. If I have to lie or cover my tracks or hide something I am doing it's because I know I am doing something wrong. My parents raised me to believe that. Tom Brady was apparently raised a very different way and he doesn't have a problem looking himself in the mirror when he lies and cheats. To me that says something about his character. Judge Berman reinforced that todayand so the lesson to me is that I have been a fool all my life and my parents' lesson were wrong. I should be lying and cheating because Berman just said it's ok.

The NFL should have handled it honestly also. We went from 11 balls being under inflated to 8 to 5 to 3 or one or who the hell knows. They tried to bully a working agreement. I don't think got away with anything.

Berman said you can't make up rules on the fly against a bargaining agreement. The NFL over reached, even though Brady broke a rule, it doesn't mean the NFL can break a rule. The fine for tampering is $25,000 that should be Brady's fine.

Well as I said in the other thread, if you read Berman's decision he didn't vacate the suspension because he thinks Brady is innocent. In fact he acknowledges that Brady is guilty as hell. He vacated the suspension because there was no penalty established by the CBA for that exact offense so Brady was unaware of the possible consequences. That was Berman's primary point. He made secondary points about Goodell acting as an arbitrator on appeal which didn't really give Brady an unbiased judge but that was after he had been found guilty in the first place. Essentially Berman said "yeah he is a cheater, but because you didn't prepare for this beforehand there's nothing you can do about it"

Yep, I have said along that Brady knew something. I have also said all along that it was really a nothing issue. Like Notre Dame coach Kelly said. In the NCAA, this wouldn't register. It's not a big advantage one way or another.

This is a CBA issue, in the endless thread with Alex it was brought several times that the punishment was never set out and the worst it would be was a team fine, not a player.

The NFL and Brady have lied through out this case and now the NFL is going to appeal. Pretty stupid, let it go.

Well from a legal standpoint it may be the case, but from a fan's perspective what I saw today was a very different thing. A federal judge just ruled that you can cheat and get away with it. I was raised with my parent's telling me that cheaters never win...well according to judge Berman...yeah actually they do. So I have to wonder why I have been playing it straight all these years and refusing to cheat to get ahead when what was just demonstrated to me is that cheating is ok. Berman even acknowledged that Brady cheated but he said it was ok because nothing had been established beforehand.

For me, I know when something is wrong because it feels wrong. If I have to lie or cover my tracks or hide something I am doing it's because I know I am doing something wrong. My parents raised me to believe that. Tom Brady was apparently raised a very different way and he doesn't have a problem looking himself in the mirror when he lies and cheats. To me that says something about his character. Judge Berman reinforced that todayand so the lesson to me is that I have been a fool all my life and my parents' lesson were wrong. I should be lying and cheating because Berman just said it's ok.

The NFL should have handled it honestly also. We went from 11 balls being under inflated to 8 to 5 to 3 or one or who the hell knows. They tried to bully a working agreement. I don't think got away with anything.

Berman said you can't make up rules on the fly against a bargaining agreement. The NFL over reached, even though Brady broke a rule, it doesn't mean the NFL can break a rule. The fine for tampering is $25,000 that should be Brady's fine.

Like I said. To those who say crime doesn't pay...Judge Berman assured us today that crime pays plenty. Lie and cheat your heart away, you will no suffer any consequences and those who play it straight are fools.

That's the message I received today

Like I said. To those who say crime doesn't pay...Judge Berman assured us today that crime pays plenty. Lie and cheat your heart away, you will no suffer any consequences and those who play it straight are fools.

Remember that isn't a blanket statement for everyone, just golden boy. It doesn't apply to everyone else.

The message I got, was it wasn't a big issue, the Vikings did it earlier in the season and nothing happened. The rules are skirted all the time and that is life. All the NFL teams are caught "cheating." PED's, illegal practices. Some get caught some get overturned. If you "hold" during a play and don't tell the ref, that is cheating. A list was made of which teams "cheated" over the years and the Pats were average and all teams cheat. I can't believe the NFL or fans got this ramped up over this. No team is exempt from cheating. It's not right but if you are going to attack the Pats, then you need to look at all teams and get really offended.

Oh, those rotten cheaters. Awww. Poor baby. It was a deflated BALL. Get a grip on yourself would be my advice. Lol.

Remember that isn't a blanket statement for everyone, just golden boy. It doesn't apply to everyone else.

Life . . . so unfair . . . :oops:

There is NO evidence that Brady did anything or knew anything. :wink_2: NONE.

Look on the face of everyone else but Patriot fans upon learning of the judges decision
hyperflesh-baby-mask.jpg

Eww. Creepy. IOW, you are all crying like weird-looking babies. Glad to be a Pats fan. ;)

Indeed.He sure did assure us crime pays.was there ever any doubt on this? the fact that it was just going to be a four game suspension in the beginning made the punishment a joke from the very get go.

I said from the very get go the worst he would get out of it was them reducing it to two games so this is no surprise to me one bit at all.

The patriots organization is like politicians.Just like politicians get away with crimes everyday in the world we go to jail for,the pats are the politicians of the NFL.the spoiled rich brats who get special treatment other NFL teams get punished for.they were never going to suspend a high profile player like Brady but it doesnt matter because his image will still always be tarnished.take a look at this.lol

even Brady’s lawyer said so.":biggrin:

Tom Brady may have gotten off, but it doesn't mean he's innocent

criminals go free all the time on technicalitys and Brady is one of them that benefitted.

could not have said it better.

Forum List

Back