Super Bowl Sunday

so here it is.

The Pats were seen as a one of, if not the fav. throughout the season to represent the AFC. They have made it happen and fulfilled that part of their 'destiny'.

The Giants had a long and tortuous road. Counted out any number of times, their coach was on the block at one point, yet, here they are. Any given Sunday eh?

Speaking to a number of pat fans, my oldest and best friend lives in Randolph, he of course is all in on the pats but has admitted or feels the Giants have the more balanced team and better D.

I think the Giants will win. Is there anyone who feels the Pats aside backing them, are the better team ?

bully-animated-animate-bully-smiley-emoticon-000195-large.gif

It wound up being an exciting finish but it was a sort of a blah game.

Frankly, both teams certainly didn't look Super Bowl caliber. Both teams would have been smoked by most other prior Super Bowl-winning teams.

But the NFL has their first 7-loss champion.

The Giants are not that good.............

Frankly, both teams certainly didn't look Super Bowl caliber. Both teams would have been smoked by most other prior Super Bowl-winning teams.

Ollie, I agree it may look that way, eli is not a flash QB, BUT he gets the job done. They beat the niners in san fran and gb in gb. they blew out the falcons. it is indeed a game of inches.

The giants played as well as they had to toro. the pat D played above their heads I think. The G men made the stops they had too as well, they made the drive they had to when they had to, the oft mentioned 'championship drive' that separates those that go home and those that move on. I will say they played better at san fran...but, they also made the plays they had too tonight. *shrugs*.

And in the end, you don't real off what, 6 wins in a row and end the season winning it all be being a mediocre team.

But I do think its hard to quantify them, was their D that good? was their O that good? or was it just playing above their heads just when they needed to or just playing well as a team for the final 6 games?

on another note, Elvis, I hate collinsworth too, he blows and so does simms. I was at a SB party and on the way back I had the radio0 on and I wish I knew his name but the gi8ys who did the radio calls were very much better, they looped the plays they called during the game, note to self- start listening to the radio and turn off the TV sound next season...;)

On a surprise note, I actually watched the half time show,m I was going to get up and roam around and mingle but the choreographing was excellent and the songs especially the first and last were well done, very good stage craft. :clap2:

The radio ran a post game interview with Brady, the interviewer sucked. first question?

"so tom how do you feel right now?".......gee dumbshit how do you think he feels?....:rolleyes:

anyway, the seasons is in the books. congrats G-men.

Congratulations NY Giants!
And it's 2 to 1 Eli vs Peyton.

yea, and as an analogy; Venus Williams went pro and was the edgier player and seemingly more destined sister to win and win and win....BUT Serena wound up beating her to an open championship and overall more open wins as well....and Eli aint done, I don't think Peyton may ever make it back.

I posted it here before that Brady was way over rated because he never gets pressure due to the Patriots front line. The Pats play entire games where Brady never even comes close to getting sacked due to the awesome front line. Once the Giants finally sacked Brady halfway through the 3rd quarter he folded like a cheap suit. Any QB can look awesome when they have all day to throw. Once the pressure was on him he played like the wuss that he is. It looked like he may have been crying after he got sacked. He played like shit after he got rattled.

The Giants are not that good.............

Ollie, I agree it may look that way, eli is not a flash QB, BUT he gets the job done. They beat the niners in san fran and gb in gb. they blew out the falcons. it is indeed a game of inches.

The giants played as well as they had to toro. the pat D played above their heads I think. The G men made the stops they had too as well, they made the drive they had to when they had to, the oft mentioned 'championship drive' that separates those that go home and those that move on. I will say they played better at san fran...but, they also made the plays they had too tonight. *shrugs*.

And in the end, you don't real off what, 6 wins in a row and end the season winning it all be being a mediocre team.

But I do think its hard to quantify them, was their D that good? was their O that good? or was it just playing above their heads just when they needed to or just playing well as a team for the final 6 games?

on another note, Elvis, I hate collinsworth too, he blows and so does simms. I was at a SB party and on the way back I had the radio0 on and I wish I knew his name but the gi8ys who did the radio calls were very much better, they looped the plays they called during the game, note to self- start listening to the radio and turn off the TV sound next season...;)

On a surprise note, I actually watched the half time show,m I was going to get up and roam around and mingle but the choreographing was excellent and the songs especially the first and last were well done, very good stage craft. :clap2:

The radio ran a post game interview with Brady, the interviewer sucked. first question?

"so tom how do you feel right now?".......gee dumbshit how do you think he feels?....:rolleyes:

anyway, the seasons is in the books. congrats G-men.

Tom Coughlin had his best year as a coach to finish at 9-7. The Giants came out of camp banged up and Coughlin patched where he could and relied on Eli to pull out some forth quarter wins. They didn't get healthy until about week 14 and when they did, everything clicked.

The Giants had only two players that made the pro-bowl, same as 2007. The team wins without stars which is a tribute to Coach Coughlin

Ollie, I have only one thing to say on the matter........

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UjsXo9l6I8]"Empire State of Mind" Jay-Z | Alicia Keys [OFFICIAL VIDEO] - YouTube[/ame]
"Empire State of Mind" Jay-Z | Alicia Keys [OFFICIAL VIDEO]

so here it is.

The Pats were seen as a one of, if not the fav. throughout the season to represent the AFC. They have made it happen and fulfilled that part of their 'destiny'.

The Giants had a long and tortuous road. Counted out any number of times, their coach was on the block at one point, yet, here they are. Any given Sunday eh?

Speaking to a number of pat fans, my oldest and best friend lives in Randolph, he of course is all in on the pats but has admitted or feels the Giants have the more balanced team and better D.

I think the Giants will win. Is there anyone who feels the Pats aside backing them, are the better team ?

I did not see this thread saturday so I am going to post what I posted saturday to prove I did pick the Giants and why.here it is.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/sports/205853-anyone-pulling-for-ny-in-superbowl-2.html

I hate the Cheatriots because Belecheck is so freaking over rated.Without Tom Brady he is nothing.Brady resurrected his career.His first year in New England when he had Drew Bledsoe as his starting quarterback he had a losing season,then Brady came on and the rest is history. Also being objective and getting past my hatred of the patriots,this is why I think the Giants will win as well.

I see The Giants winning this from the patriots again.This team is just like that team from 2007,coming on strong at the end of the season and playing well when it needed to to get into the playoffs.Their defense is looking great and that will be too much for tom brady to handle.Three other reasons I expect the giants to win.

1.they own the patriots beating them when they were previously unbeaten in the superbowl two years ago and this year on the road at foxboro and they did not have one of their first string receivers then or their featured running back either due to injurys.this time they have them both and that will be too much for the suspect pats defense to handle.

2.The patriots have not played a GOOD football team in the playoffs yet.The Broncos? what a joke.Teabow has been exposed that when he faces a GOOD team,he is a horrible quarterback. and come on the Ravens with Joe Flacco at quarterback? get serious.that team will never get to the superbowl with flacco at quarterback. Plus more than anything,The Patriots shouldnt be there in the superbowl.

People can blame the loss all they want on the ravens kicker but even if he makes that field goal all that does is send them into overtime which guaranteed them nothing.It never should have come down to that kick.That reciever in the end zone dropped a pass that was knocked out of his arms that a GOOD receiver would have hung on to so since the ravens are the team that should be there and really are the better team defensively,the pats have finally met their match.

3.this game is going to take place in Indianapolis.Colts fans have first shot at the tickets and you got to remember,this is the city that loves and worships Peyton Manning and not only do they hate Tom Brady and the patriots,Peytons little brother Eli is playing there so most fans will naturally be rooting for little brother Eli to win especialy since the Giants fan base travels extremely well much better than the patriots fan base does so it will seem like a home game for the giants and a road game for the patriots which is a big edge for the Giants.

Just think,if The Patriots dont have key penaltys,their recievers make some key catches they normally make,and that Giants offensive lineman doest recover tha fumble from their running back,its a totally different story and everybody in the world would be saying now that Belecheck is the greatest coach in the world.

Maybe this superbowl loss will stop all that crap talk now finally.again Belecheck is NOTHING without Brady just like shannahan is nothing without John Elway and not that great a coach they made him out to be.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back