Super Bowl Sunday Predictions

(1) Panthers will be Broncos just like Seattle did 2 years ago

(2) Commercials will be lame as they have been the last several years

(3) Half Time show will be lame as it always is (though I did enjoy the U2 Half Time show that one year...)

... any others?

I don't know who's playing and I won't care who wins

It was in plain English in line (1) that you chose to reply to.

Man O man..Frankie you are as dumb as Cam Newton!

He looked lost.
.... and I keep forgetting how great Denver's defense is....

Hubby just told me Cam walked out on the press conference.

So, that's 2 losses for him.

Well, I think that I pretty much nailed it earlier today. I didn't miss it by much. The game went like I predicted it would go. My crystal ball still works.

From this morning :

Denver wins 21 to 13.
Halftime will be the usual dumbass no class ridiculous silly shit, filled with bad music, and bad singing.
The commercials will have absolutely nothing to do with the products advertised, as usual.
The football will appear to take a back seat to the constant talking and opinions of the broadcast team.
The pre-game show will bore people to tears, as usual.
Carolina will attempt to make a come-back in the fourth quarter, but fail.
Denver jumps out with an early lead and never looks back.
Newton throws at least two picks, one will lead to a Denver score.
Penalties will dominate the second half.
The fourth quarter will be a class act by the Broncos.
218.gif

I was talking about the game before hand at a SB party. I did not think the Broncos would win it, however we thought there was one distinct possibility that could play out. We thought IF the Panthers did not start out fast like they had in their previous two play off games that they would start to press.

Sports is funny that way. It resembles in some ways how Mike Tyson got beat by Buster Douglas or Rousey getting beat etc. The Panthers had their way with so many teams this year that they almost did not seem to really know how to deal with the type of game they were in.

The Broncos pretty much played that way and won that way ALL YEAR. Combine that with a Broncos defense that is use to playing in the thin air means they were probably in better condition.

I did not predict it before hand, and I really thought the Panthers would win it. Mainly cause the Panthers ran a balanced offense, had a very good OL, and not exactly a slap dick defense.

Not shocked by what I saw last night, but surprised still the same.

I was talking about the game before hand at a SB party. I did not think the Broncos would win it, however we thought there was one distinct possibility that could play out. We thought IF the Panthers did not start out fast like they had in their previous two play off games that they would start to press.

Sports is funny that way. It resembles in some ways how Mike Tyson got beat by Buster Douglas or Rousey getting beat etc. The Panthers had their way with so many teams this year that they almost did not seem to really know how to deal with the type of game they were in.

The Broncos pretty much played that way and won that way ALL YEAR. Combine that with a Broncos defense that is use to playing in the thin air means they were probably in better condition.

I did not predict it before hand, and I really thought the Panthers would win it. Mainly cause the Panthers ran a balanced offense, had a very good OL, and not exactly a slap dick defense.

Not shocked by what I saw last night, but surprised still the same.
Manning, the coaches and front office were what pro sports ought to be... Team first. Take second seat to the defense if need be.

Any defense that could disrupt Tom Brady the way Denver did in the AFC Championship game, they could disrupt Cam. Carolina had not faced a defense that was as tough as Denver's this season.

Very disappointed in Cam at the press conference. Unprofessional and a poor loser. He played, one team is going to lose and 30 other teams would have loved to have been there.

After getting destroyed by the Seahawks in SB 48 Elway set out to pattern the Bronco's Defense after the Hawks model. You have to give horsey face John for doing an absolutely fantastic job of overhauling the Denver D in just two short seasons.

After getting destroyed by the Seahawks in SB 48 Elway set out to pattern the Bronco's Defense after the Hawks model. You have to give horsey face John for doing an absolutely fantastic job of overhauling the Denver D in just two short seasons.
Not really similar at all. Broncos play an aggressive 1 gap 3-4 system. It is an attacking style with heavy blitzing. Seattle plays a 4-3 and they very rarely blitz.

Interstingly in that SB against the seahawks the Broncos were missing rather key pieces. For instance they were missing Von Miller, their best pass rusher. They were missing their best interior pass rusher in Derek Wolfe. They were missing their best corner in Chris Harris. They were missing their starting safety in Rahim Moore. On their offense they were missing their best tackle, pro bowler Ryan Clady and their starting center.

Actually, Jack Del Rio was their DC during those years and he plays a far more similar style as the seahawks.

Just sayin.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back