Who Will Win Super Bowl LI

• Atlanta Falcons

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • New England Patriots

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
WTH, incredible game, incredible comeback. Hats off to Brady. 28 unanswered points. Crazy.

I had to change the channel they were loosing so badly in the beginning...

I made my husband take off his Patriot's Jersey, because so help me goodness, whenever Matt wears that darn Jersey, we lose....I DON'T KNOW WHY, he needs to burn the darn thing and get a new one, but the one he wears is jinxed, I know it is....so when he took off the Pat's jersey, low and behold they started their comeback!

Matt just asked if he could put the JERSEY BACK on and I said yes, he could now.... :lmao:

Last edited:
No question now who is the GOAT

Montana never pulled out a comeback like this

Before this win I always accepted Montana as the guy I would want for one game and my life on the line. Brady makes this decision much tougher now, especially with the two point conversions needed, the injury to Gronk and just how many times he has been to The Dance. This one is incredible, best SB I have seen just because of the comeback from the jaws of defeat.

Last edited:
I can't believe Ryan took that sack late in the game when they were in FG range. The catch by Edelman was up there with the Tyree helmet catch or the Immaculate Reception. Brady didn't play great for a good portion of the game, but he got it done late. White was on fire. The Falcons D, particularly the defensive line, seemed to get tired toward the end of the third quarter and stopped getting pressure on Brady. That was the reason the Pats were able to come back, IMO.

Other than watching the Niners win, probably the best SB I've watched.

I can't believe Ryan took that sack late in the game when they were in FG range. The catch by Edelman was up there with the Tyree helmet catch or the Immaculate Reception. Brady didn't play great for a good portion of the game, but he got it done late. White was on fire. The Falcons D, particularly the defensive line, seemed to get tired toward the end of the third quarter and stopped getting pressure on Brady. That was the reason the Pats were able to come back, IMO.

Yep. Ryan should have kneeled or grounded it and hit the FG for the win. Then the penalties and the catch. Just a game that was destined to go to the Pats. Brady jerseys will be flying off the shelves. Hell, I never even liked the guy, preferring Manning of his generation, but I might get a jersey just to be associated with him. LOL!

Goodell got booed pretty bad, it had to be embarrassing for him and the league.

Yep. Ryan should have kneeled or grounded it and hit the FG for the win. Then the penalties and the catch. Just a game that was destined to go to the Pats. Brady jerseys will be flying off the shelves. Hell, I never even liked the guy, preferring Manning of his generation, but I might get a jersey just to be associated with him. LOL!
Coaching mistake.....should have been running the clock down with runs ala Pitt...kick the field goal and win

Coaching mistake.....should have been running the clock down with runs ala Pitt...kick the field goal and win

Absolutely. It was like they wanted to run up the score worse than it was. You have to mix up your play and you have to control the clock. No way should you lose a game when up 28-3 with 8 minutes left in the 3rd.

Not taking anything away from Brady at all, as he fully earned this win, but his last two SB's certainly received some assistance from poor coaching decisions.

I'm surprised the announcers didnt rip the coach.....just an obvious call any fantasy football player could have made

The Bills still beat the Patriots in week 4 so by the transitive property the Bills are your 2017 super bowl champions

n7dJb.gif

The reason why the Falcons defense got tired in the 3rd quarter is because the offense didn't get possession of the football long enough. When that happens, the defense is back on the field. The longer they're on the field, the more tired they get.

But why was the offense so weak in the second half ? (after racking up 28 points in the first half ?)

Answer ? INJURIES. While I hardly remember a single Patriot injury occuring in the game, the Falcons were getting hurt left and right. Notice how Matt Ryan had lots of time to throw in the first half...then got sacked, hurried, harrased, in the second ? It goes to show how important good offensive linemen are. You take a couple of superior offensive linemen out, and replace them with inferior ones, and your team goes from top notch to bottom notch, just like that.

Missing good offensive line, the Falcons went from being the Falcons, to being the Cleveland Browns. And they also lost some other good offensive players (ex. Coleman)

PS - injuries are critically important factor (very overlooked) ESPN stats on the game listed 21 categories. Not a word about injuries.

The Bills still beat the Patriots in week 4 so by the transitive property the Bills are your 2017 super bowl champions

But the Bills lost to the Jets
So by the transitive property, they suck big time

Forum List

Back