Super Bowl Commercials

I didn't think there were any home runs. They seemed like normal commercials you see all year. The one with Eli Manning you note I didn't like. I didn't see anything clever, no big name dropins, nothing at all to talk about in any of the commercials I watched. And the half time show was more for urban 16 year old girls.

The football was great though.
Speaking of the halftime show, that was the only thing I enjoyed about the Super Bowl itself. Justin Timberlake going full boyband with his dance moves was actually pretty entertaining. He also sang... pretty much the only song he has that I like. Though, I found a cover of it that's more my style.

I haven't heard any of the songs JT sang except of course the Prince sendup. That was the first Super Bowl halftime show where I had no clue about any of the songs and the whole production just looked like they got ten truck loads of lights, mirrors, tv screens, and screaming people and dumped them in a blender. I think they need to have at least three acts perform each year rather than one.

1. The financial planner video where the old people can't retire - I know I shouldn't laugh, but I couldn't help it.
2. The Danny Devito M&M -- He was great, looking pretty good too.
3. The Dilly, Dilly beer commercial where a hopelessly outmatched army gets pep talk -- sure the fire arrows probably don't hurt more than the regular arrows- final scene where tiny group charges an army - might be one of the best beer commercial ever.
4. The Tide commercials with the Stranger Things Cop -- very original, love that actor
5. The baby commercial, can't help but like it.

I noticed many of them were painfully bad. The weird singing commercial with Morgan Freeman and the Game of Thrones Guy was awful. How you could make someone as cool as Freeman look that bad I'll never know. It might ruin his career.

I didn't think there were any home runs. They seemed like normal commercials you see all year. The one with Eli Manning you note I didn't like. I didn't see anything clever, no big name dropins, nothing at all to talk about in any of the commercials I watched. And the half time show was more for urban 16 year old girls.

The football was great though.
Speaking of the halftime show, that was the only thing I enjoyed about the Super Bowl itself. Justin Timberlake going full boyband with his dance moves was actually pretty entertaining. He also sang... pretty much the only song he has that I like. Though, I found a cover of it that's more my style.

I haven't heard any of the songs JT sang except of course the Prince sendup. That was the first Super Bowl halftime show where I had no clue about any of the songs and the whole production just looked like they got ten truck loads of lights, mirrors, tv screens, and screaming people and dumped them in a blender. I think they need to have at least three acts perform each year rather than one.

I'd say with more than one act, they'd probably hold the interest of more people, so we can agree on that.

Wish you guys would post some of the commercials.

Forum List

Back