Super Bowl 42 - This Raider Fan Got Some Solace

Eightball

Oct 13, 2004
As a die-hard Raiders fan going all the way back to the AFL days, the defeat of Brady and the Pat's, was in some indirect way, a soothing balm to me for the old, "Tuck Rule", that saved the Patriot's behinds years ago, sending them to the Super Bowl and the Oakland Raiders home for the season.

Also, Eli Manning has gotten so much guff and criticism which was probably more than normal, when your older bro is a super bowl winning quarterback.

It was great to see Eli, come on strong in the latter part of the season, and see those Giants win one road/away game after another in very hostile conditions........Weather (Green Bay), Crowds (Dallas).

I'm not down-playing the Pat's as a good team. They are something else. I just get tired of the media's frenzy at pushing infallibility on the Patriots.

Good old, hardnosed, aggressive defense from the Giants prevailed.

As a die-hard Raiders fan going all the way back to the AFL days, the defeat of Brady and the Pat's, was in some indirect way, a soothing balm to me for the old, "Tuck Rule", that saved the Patriot's behinds years ago, sending them to the Super Bowl and the Oakland Raiders home for the season.

Also, Eli Manning has gotten so much guff and criticism which was probably more than normal, when your older bro is a super bowl winning quarterback.

It was great to see Eli, come on strong in the latter part of the season, and see those Giants win one road/away game after another in very hostile conditions........Weather (Green Bay), Crowds (Dallas).

I'm not down-playing the Pat's as a good team. They are something else. I just get tired of the media's frenzy at pushing infallibility on the Patriots.

I concur whole-heartedly. GO OAKLAND!

I hope they're better next year.

You think you are happy about the a*s whipping? I have been a Rams fan for 40+ years. The Giants returned some of the sleep I lost after the cheating Patriots beat us in SB 36. The Putriots got hit in the mouth by a team that could do it and it did my heart good.

Bullicheck and his band of cheaters are classless. He showed us all what a jerk he is when he left his players on the field with one second left. If it turns out true that they taped the walk through of the Rams before SB 36, Bullicheck needs to be suspended from the NFL for at least a year.

Or will Goodell smack them on the wrist once again? Obviously the NFL wanted the Patriots to go undefeated. Even at the trophy presentation, Goodell looked like his shorts were too tight.

THE PUTRIOTS WILL ALWAYS BE CHEATERS IN MY BOOK!

You think you are happy about the a*s whipping? I have been a Rams fan for 40+ years. The Giants returned some of the sleep I lost after the cheating Patriots beat us in SB 36. The Putriots got hit in the mouth by a team that could do it and it did my heart good.

Bullicheck and his band of cheaters are classless. He showed us all what a jerk he is when he left his players on the field with one second left. If it turns out true that they taped the walk through of the Rams before SB 36, Bullicheck needs to be suspended from the NFL for at least a year.

Or will Goodell smack them on the wrist once again? Obviously the NFL wanted the Patriots to go undefeated. Even at the trophy presentation, Goodell looked like his shorts were too tight.

THE PUTRIOTS WILL ALWAYS BE CHEATERS IN MY BOOK!

Yes! I thought it was pretty tasteless walking off the field with even one second on the clock. The game wasn't officially over, and a coach goes off the field without his team? That's the way it is. Basically, we had part of his team on the field facing the last snap, and no caoch anywhere out there. Tasteless. Almost like a "Poor Sport" or a "Bad Loser", type of display/attitude.

Also noticed at the beginning of the game when the Giants were jogging into the stadium, old Eli gave Brady a friendly pat on the shoulder, and Brady didn't even acknowledge it.

Did you see that also?

Also the Pat's coach's interview after the game, he did not acknowledge that the Giant's were the better team that day, but just said, that they completed more good plays than they, the Pat's did. This guy's ego is taller than Everest.

No, I didn't see the pat on the shoulder but that doesn't surprise me.

Bullicheck and the Pats organization are classless. If the Pats videoed the Rams walk through then they may have done the same to Philly and to the Panthers. If they did, Bullicheck needs to be banned from the NFL.

I cannot tell you how happy I was to see the Giants win. To think, the Pats are so arrogant they wanted to copyright the term "19-0"

Maybe they can copyright...LOSERS!

Even after the loss, Patriots linebacker Junior Seau showed up wearing a straw hat that was too small for his head. It's a look he's gone with all week, so you have to respect his consistency. Seau had completely lost his voice, so you could barely understand what he was saying. I asked him if the pressure of going for a 19-0 season finally took its toll.

"The record did not lose this game," he shot back.

Seau remained face-down on the ground for 20 seconds after the Giants' game-winning touchdown.

"I was full of disappointment. We know we did a great job and to see that happen to us at a crucial time, it just wasn't something that I wanted to feel."

In case you missed it, Seau was noticeably upset when he wasn't on the field for the first play of the game.

"It was basically the personnel," he said. "You're a competitor. You're a competitor."

Both Seau and Rodney Harrison said they would have fond memories of the season, but other players said they'd only remember Sunday's loss.

Patriots cornerback Ellis Hobbs lightened the mood by wearing an "I Am McLovin T-shirt" from the comedy hit Superbad. Hobbs was beaten by Plaxico Burress for a 13-yard touchdown with 35 seconds left in the game. He said protecting the inside was his first responsibility on the play. But when Burress faked the slant, Hobbs froze. Burress turned the route outside and was all alone in the end zone.

"If I was Flash Gordon, maybe I could've gotten there and made the play," he told Hashmarks. "But you have to respect the outside."

Much like Randy Moss, Hobbs wasn't trying to look for any positive angles after the game. He said the regular-season meant nothing now that they've lost.

"It's a shock," he said. "We chocked. My hat's off to them. They made the plays, and we didn't. Going 18-1 makes it hurt worse

My heart bleeds for the Putriots! :rofl:

I almost feel bad for the Raiders. The organization is so fracked up.

Randy Moss called it "NFL hell."

My man, your owner is living in a different decade than the rest of us. Owners can turn a great team into losers. Look at Dallas and Washington. Snyder will never be able to keep his fingers out of the pie in DC. Thus, they will not win another SB as long as he is the owner.

Of course, Randy Moss' word means as much to me as Bullicheck walking off the field. They deserve each other. Maybe they should bunk up?

The Raiders: Commitment to Excrement.

I used to be a Raiders fan, especially the years they were in Los Angeles. Then Al Davis pulled out of L.A. after fighting tooth and nail to move. From that point on, my season is best when they lose. The more they lose the baetter. When Al Davis finally passes on the the good humor truck in the sky, perhaps I will re-evaluate my feelings.

The Raiders: Commitment to Excrement.

I used to be a Raiders fan, especially the years they were in Los Angeles. Then Al Davis pulled out of L.A. after fighting tooth and nail to move. From that point on, my season is best when they lose. The more they lose the baetter. When Al Davis finally passes on the the good humor truck in the sky, perhaps I will re-evaluate my feelings.

Meh. We don't need fair-weather fans.

Al Davis does need to go, though. But I am a fan of the team win or lose, Oakland or LA (watched plenty of games in both places).

You think you are happy about the a*s whipping? I have been a Rams fan for 40+ years. The Giants returned some of the sleep I lost after the cheating Patriots beat us in SB 36.

Um, you had a couple SB's before that there, buddy. Try being an Eagles fan. At this point, you might as well go ahead and assume they've been videotaping for a while now. If they did it against the Rams, and did it this year, then I'm sure throughout the time in between, they were doing it.

Just try being a philly sports fan PERIOD. I haven't witnessed a championship in Philly in my whole life. Sixers in 83, but I was a toddler. I've watched all 4 of my teams lose in their respective championship games since I've been 13, starting with the Phillies in 93. I've been losing sleep for 15 years!

The Eagles, the Rams, and the Panthers need to begin an independent investigation into the Putriots cheating. I have no confidence in Goodell. He destroyed potential evidence after Bullicheck handed over "all" his taping.

Goodell and Kraft are bunk buddies. He was grimacing when he presented the Super Bowl trophy to the Giants. THE NFL NEEDS A NEW IMPARITAL COMMISSIONER.

Obviously, the one we have has his favorites.

The Eagles, the Rams, and the Panthers need to begin an independent investigation into the Putriots cheating. I have no confidence in Goodell. He destroyed potential evidence after Bullicheck handed over "all" his taping.

Goodell and Kraft are bunk buddies. He was grimacing when he presented the Super Bowl trophy to the Giants. THE NFL NEEDS A NEW IMPARITAL COMMISSIONER.

Obviously, the one we have has his favorites.

It's all politics, bro. You don't get to positions of prominence in this country without selling your soul somewhere along the way.

Understand that I am not a Giants fan but they will always hold a special place in my heart for beating the cheating Putriots. It was a cherished memory.

Forum List

Back