Suns Pick FIRST In 2018 NBA Draft!

Midnight UPDATE: So I went looking for this supposed 44" vertical of Ayton's and it's horseshit. The vid claiming that is bogus for two reasons. First a vertical is from a standing jump, not a running jump. And he's maybe 30" off the floor on a running jump. Ayton also has the lowest blocked-shot total of any first round college center in recent memory. He basically stands at the top of the key waving his arms and calls it defense...Skinny legs...he ain't moving any NBA center worth a damn with those stilts. Back to Luka Donic and sticking with it....for now.
eusa_shifty.gif

I watched several Arizona games and Ayton is a tremendous talent. I think that Bridges from Michigan State is probably the best player but you will end up on the good if you get Ayton and let him grow. And what is Doncic going to do? Who can he guard? This ain't Europe and he depends too much on a jumper.

Is basketball over? Who won..???
Boston’s about to go up 2 0 on LeBron.

Boston really? Damn i have been so out of touch following basketball after the idiot broke up the bulls .
What I wonder is what team will LeBron join next year in order to defeat the warriors. Lakers? New York? Detroit? (I wish)

Philadelphia or Houston if he wants a championship, the Lakers aren’t strong enough to compete with the Warriors, Lebron or not. Milwaukee, Indiana are ready and James could help them win, Portland with Lillard, CJ and Nurkic would be powerful. NY and Detroit need too much help for Lebron.
I hope he goes to a team that’s ready to compete. I hope Boston gets better. I want to see three or four good teams not two or three.

You'd be better off with Ayton. I liked Majerle but you didn't win anything with him ad Doncic reminds me of Kukoc. Ayton WILL be great. Many European players do not adjust well to the more physical game here. Ayton is a Joel Embid type, Doncic is a guy who has never played in America and averages 19 points in Euroleague. He's another overblown European player who probably should be a second round pick.

I totally disagree...Doncic is playing in a PRO league, much tougher than college ball here in the US...and has been since he was 16! Ayton sees himself as an NBA 4 which we don't need with Bender and Chriss. Houston is winning with former Sun PJ Tucker who's a burly 6'7" in the post so "dominant" centers are no longer necessary in the NBA. Truthfully I'm sick of going back and forth on those two. There's also a chance Doncic won't enter the NBA draft. He may not want to play for the Suns after how they threw Dragic under the bus a few years back....Doncic and Dragic are tight and won a Euro title together. If he doesn't declare, the Suns may try to package the #1 pick and either Bender or Chriss for Karl Anthony Towns, Booker's pal. And the Suns have Brandon Knight under contract for 2 more years at point-guard..he's untradable coming off knee surgery....if he's sound again, Doncic becomes a point-forward....at 19 he's still growing....he could end up 6'10, 240 lbs...which again brings up the Bird comparison.

Last edited:
I watched several Arizona games and Ayton is a tremendous talent. I think that Bridges from Michigan State is probably the best player but you will end up on the good if you get Ayton and let him grow. And what is Doncic going to do? Who can he guard? This ain't Europe and he depends too much on a jumper.

The buzz is that Doncic would guard the other team's SF and Josh Jackson would come up to cover the other team's PG...he's like a spider....it could be that simple. You should watch some YouTube on Doncic...he's probably best passer in this draft along with being a pure sniper. He also penetrates and is sound around the rim so he's no sissy going inside where the elbows are being thrown. This is truly a tough choice for the Suns...they tanked for 3 years to get where they are and they owe us a winner THIS year.

You'd be better off with Ayton. I liked Majerle but you didn't win anything with him ad Doncic reminds me of Kukoc. Ayton WILL be great. Many European players do not adjust well to the more physical game here. Ayton is a Joel Embid type, Doncic is a guy who has never played in America and averages 19 points in Euroleague. He's another overblown European player who probably should be a second round pick.

I totally disagree...Donic is playing in a PRO league, much tougher than college ball here in the US...and has been since he was 16! Ayton sees himself as an NBA 4 which we don't need with Bender and Chriss. GS is winning with former Sun PJ Tucker who's a burly 6'7" in the post so "dominant" centers are no longer necessary in the NBA. Truthfully I'm sick of going back and forth on those two. There's also a chance Donic won't enter the NBA draft. He may not want to play for the Suns after how they threw Dragic under the bus a few years back....Donic and Dragic are tight and won a Euro title together. If he doesn't declare, the Suns may try to package the #1 pick and either Bender or Chriss for Karl Anthony Towns, Booker's pal. And the Suns have Brandon Knight under contract for 2 more years at point-guard..he's untradable coming off knee surgery....if he's sound again, Donic becomes a point-forward....at 19 he's still growing....he could end up 6'10, 240 lbs...which again brings up the Bird comparison.

You have that right but the guy reminds me of Kukoc. The Euro league probably isn't as tough as the major conferences here. He is not the best choice and should not be the number 1 overall. Ayton is 19 and stands 7 feet tall so why do you figure Donic grows but Ayton doesn't? I live in Kansas and watched Joel Embid play his year at KU. Ayton has more skills. PJ Tucker is on the Rockets and Clint Capella at 7 foot is the starting center.

You have that right but the guy reminds me of Kukoc. The Euro league probably isn't as tough as the major conferences here. He is not the best choice and should not be the number 1 overall. Ayton is 19 and stands 7 feet tall so why do you figure Donic grows but Ayton doesn't? I live in Kansas and watched Joel Embid play his year at KU. Ayton has more skills. PJ Tucker is on the Rockets and Clint Capella at 7 foot is the starting center.

Misprint...I changed PJ Tucker to the Rockets and he plays the 5 at times for them....I read about it the other day because PJ was a favorite of mine here in Phoenix. I agree that Ayton is a physical specimen and might be the next David Robinson...and he might not....in fact some believe he's the third best forward in this draft. I've already said my opinions on the two of them and I'm tired of thinking about it. I just have have a feeling that Doncic will be an All-Star for many years and maybe as good as Larry Bird....another white guy who couldn't jump but did alright by himself and the Celts.

The buzz is that Doncic would guard the other team's SF and Josh Jackson would come up to cover the other team's PG...he's like a spider....it could be that simple. You should watch some YouTube on Doncic...he's probably best passer in this draft along with being a pure sniper. He also penetrates and is sound around the rim so he's no sissy going inside where the elbows are being thrown. This is truly a tough choice for the Suns...they tanked for 3 years to get where they are and they owe us a winner THIS year.

I wouldn't say what I'm saying if I had not watched this guy. Donic guarding Lebron James? No. Yannis? No. Ben Simmons? No. Durant? HELL NO. Paul George? No. Wiggins? No. Jayson Tatum? No. This ain't the euro league we're taking about.

I wouldn't say what I'm saying if I had not watched this guy. Donic guarding Lebron James? No. Yannis? No. Ben Simmons? No. Durant? HELL NO. Paul George? No. Wiggins? No. Jayson Tatum? No. This ain't the euro league we're taking about.

C'mon... nobody can guard those guys.....The new Suns coach is supposedly a defensive mastermind and coached Luka in Slovenia so he knows what the kid is capable of in a team defense setting. All he has to do is outscore his man, right? right.

Misprint...I changed PJ Tucker to the Rockets and he plays the 5 at times for them....I read about it the other day because PJ was a favorite of mine here in Phoenix. I agree that Ayton is a physical specimen and might be the next David Robinson...and he might not....in fact some believe he's the third best forward in this draft. I've already said my opinions on the two of them and I'm tired of thinking about it. I just have have a feeling that Doncic will be an All-Star for many years and maybe as good as Larry Bird....another white guy who couldn't jump but did alright by himself and the Celts.

Larry Bird was college player of the year when he was drafted.

The color of a player should not guide you in your thinking. Because if you really want a white guy that can play, DiVincenzo from Villanova. He's better than Donic. He scored 31 points in the national championship game. He decided to enter his years draft or next year he would be a lottery pick. I watched many Villanova games, this guy is for real, You can probably get him in the second round and far cheaper.

Donte DiVincenzo EPIC Full Highlights vs Michigan (2018 March Madness) - 31 Pts, 5 Threes, 1 Wink

Last edited:

C'mon... nobody can guard those guys.....The new Suns coach is supposedly a defensive mastermind and coached Luka in Slovenia so he knows what the kid is capable of in a team defense setting. All he has to do is outscore his man, right? right.

Well if you are picking a guy with the first pick, he has to at least be able bother them. He is not going to out score these guys as they do play defense.

The color of a player should not guide you in your thinking. Because if you really want a white guy that can play, DiVincenzo from Villanova. He's better than Donic. He scored 31 points in the national championship game. He decided to enter his years draft or next year he would be a lottery pick. I watched many Villanova games, this guy is for real, You can probably get him in the second round and far cheaper.

Donte DiVincenzo EPIC Full Highlights vs Michigan (2018 March Madness) - 31 Pts, 5 Threes, 1 Wink

And Doncic is MVP of the Euro League at age 19. Phoenix is one of the last teams that wants a white star so white fans can relate to somebody on the team....otherwise we're watching the Globetrotters. Look around the League...white guys with strong fundamentals don't play in the NBA because the front offices want the pizzazz more than championships. It's no secret that most blacks can out-jump most whites but can't read their own contract. I've heard of DiVincenzo but haven't watched him play...there is some chatter on the local chat boards about him. All I've seen from any of them is highlight reels which can be deceiving. The Suns GM is apparently leaning toward Ayton although nobody believes anything he says these days. Whoever he drafts better be a star in the making or next year at this time he'll be sending around his (crummy) resume.

And Doncic is MVP of the Euro League at age 19. Phoenix is one of the last teams that wants a white star so white fans can relate to somebody on the team....otherwise we're watching the Globetrotters. Look around the League...white guys with strong fundamentals don't play in the NBA because the front offices want the pizzazz more than championships. It's no secret that most blacks can out-jump most whites but can't read their own contract. I've heard of DiVincenzo but haven't watched him play...there is some chatter on the local chat boards about him. All I've seen from any of them is highlight reels which can be deceiving. The Suns GM is apparently leaning toward Ayton although nobody believes anything he says these days. Whoever he drafts better be a star in the making or next year at this time he'll be sending around his (crummy) resume.

Well Steve Nash was great but never won a championship.

Dude is 19 years old playing in the second best league in the world and looking like magic

I think you need to leave your personal racism out of this. The white players in the aren't Einstein's. And if you think black players aren't fundamentally sound you're crazy as fuck. And the next time you post racist bullshit, recognize that Donic much can't speak English so he probably can't read his contract either. And just exactly how fundamentally sound do you think his ass really is? If you are looking for a player that can help you eventually get to a championship it ain't Donic. But if you just want to watch a white boy run up and own the court for the next 10 years then that's what you'll get. You want to get to a championship you pick Ayton. I don't need to hear what Ayton says, I saw full games. He was the PAC10 player of the year as a freshman. He was a first round lottery NBA ready player last year but you now have to play in college at least 1 year. Ayton is 7'1 260 and that's not him saying so. You want someone who can open the floor up more for Booker, Donic can't do that. Ayton can. Not only that he opens up the floor more for Josh Jackson. He's better than what he Suns have now at 4 or 5 and if Donic is going to grow into a 6'10 player then Ayton can grow to 7'3 and 290. They both are the same age. So if you look at talent without giving a white player extra credit because he can score more than 10 points a game, you understand that Dobic is not the top pick and really should not be a top 5 pick. And last, the coach you guys hired, this ain't the Euroleague.

Dude is 19 years old playing in the second best league in the world and looking like magic

He looks like Ricky Rubio and that is not the second best league in the world. I'm not saying he shouldn't be drafted but he's not the number 1 overall pick. He's really not a top 5 pick when you evaluate the overall talent that's out there.

He looks like Ricky Rubio and that is not the second best league in the world. I'm not saying he shouldn't be drafted but he's not the number 1 overall pick. He's really not a top 5 pick when you evaluate the overall talent that's out there.

He plays nothing like Ricky Rubio. Not saying he should go number one, but he’s definitely a top 5 pick

He plays nothing like Ricky Rubio. Not saying he should go number one, but he’s definitely a top 5 pick

He damn sure ain't no Magic Johnson. And he is not a top 5 player.

1. Ayton 2. Bagley III 3. Jeren Jackson Jr. 4. Miles Bridges 6. Mikhail Bridges 7. Mike Porter Jr. 8.Wendell Carter Jr. 9-10 any number of players including Donic.

He damn sure ain't no Magic Johnson. And he is not a top 5 player.

1. Ayton 2. Bagley III 3. Jeren Jackson Jr. 4. Miles Bridges 6. Mikhail Bridges 7. Mike Porter Jr. 8.Wendell Carter Jr. 9-10 any number of players including Donic.

Well I’m a Knick fan and if he falls to number 9 I’d be in heaven

I think you need to leave your personal racism out of this. The white players in the aren't Einstein's. And if you think black players aren't fundamentally sound you're crazy as fuck. And the next time you post racist bullshit, recognize that Donic much can't speak English so he probably can't read his contract either. And just exactly how fundamentally sound do you think his ass really is? If you are looking for a player that can help you eventually get to a championship it ain't Donic. But if you just want to watch a white boy run up and own the court for the next 10 years then that's what you'll get. You want to get to a championship you pick Ayton. I don't need to hear what Ayton says, I saw full games. He was the PAC10 player of the year as a freshman. He was a first round lottery NBA ready player last year but you now have to play in college at least 1 year. Ayton is 7'1 260 and that's not him saying so. You want someone who can open the floor up more for Booker, Donic can't do that. Ayton can. Not only that he opens up the floor more for Josh Jackson. He's better than what he Suns have now at 4 or 5 and if Donic is going to grow into a 6'10 player then Ayton can grow to 7'3 and 290. They both are the same age. So if you look at talent without giving a white player extra credit because he can score more than 10 points a game, you understand that Dobic is not the top pick and really should not be a top 5 pick. And last, the coach you guys hired, this ain't the Euroleague.

Kiss my ass you sniveling little punk.....I grew up in downtown Detroit and I post about REALITY not some fuzzy bullshit about "racism" being one-sided. We want great WHITE players in Phoenix along with great BLACK players....don't you ever fucking lecture me on the subject...you're in MY thread and now you can get the hell out of it.

Well Steve Nash was great but never won a championship.

True and we didn't one with Westphal and Alvan Adams either...and we didn't win one with KJ, Amare, or Barkley either. The issue isn't necessarily a Ring, but an entertaining team with sound fundamentals. Look at the old Celtic teams...they had Russell in the middle and Sam and KC Jones but without Cousy and Heinsohn they'd never have won anything. How many Rings did Wilt win? What I won't have is some smart mouth punk know-it-all saying shit to me about broaching the subject.

Forum List

Back