Suns Pick FIRST In 2018 NBA Draft!

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Tom Horn, May 15, 2018.

1. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,726
    Jr Smith flagrant,!

2. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,726
    He might not have won 4 Times in a row. Jordan knew when to walk away. Lol. Then he came back as a Washington wizard or bullet.

He went out better than kobe

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,726
    What I wonder is what team will LeBron join next year in order to defeat the warriors. Lakers? New York? Detroit? (I wish)

4. Tom Horn

Tom Horn Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,380
    Ayton made a name for himself down in Tucson so he's a local kid (by way of the Bahamas). On the other hand, the Suns new coach is from Slovenia and coached Luka over there....the consensus is that it's the two of them who will go 1-2. Donic reminds me of Bird.....cold-blooded...drains 3 from anywhere, good hops, terrific passer. BTW, I was thrilled to see Griffin leave the Clippers and go to the Pistons...he tossed around Sun's forwards like rag dolls.

5. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,726
    I'm not happy we got injury old Griffin. He shows signs of greatness but he's getting old.

6. Tom Horn

Tom Horn Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,380
    It turns out the 19 year old Donic grew 2" since winter and is now 6'8". Other than Magic and George Gervin, I can't think of many 6'8" guards. If he gets another spurt, he's grown himself out of #2 guard size and into SF forward size. But the Suns already have TWO excellent SFs in Josh Jackson and TJ Warren. [​IMG] He'll also want to play for the Slovenia national team in the Worlds over the summers like Dragic did and come in in September without having gotten the proper rest.

Everybody says the NBA is no longer center-centric which is true if you look at Golden State and Boston. On the other hand, I like a guy who can work the pick and roll, get offensive rebounds, tip-ins and blocks on defense. Seems Ayton hits over 70% of his FTs...unusual for dunk-drunk young blacks who shine on fundamental basketball to wow the crowds. He also supposedly has a 44" vertical which is pretty much unheard of for a 7'er. Dang it....I thought I'd chosen Donic but now I'm not so sure.

Last edited: May 17, 2018 at 12:09 AM
  7. HereWeGoAgain

HereWeGoAgain Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32,526
    Meh....the rockets put the warriors where they belong.

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  8. Tom Horn

Tom Horn Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,380
    Midnight UPDATE: So I went looking for this supposed 44" vertical of Ayton's and it's horseshit. The vid claiming that is bogus for two reasons. First a vertical is from a standing jump, not a running jump. And he's maybe 30" off the floor on a running jump. Ayton also has the lowest blocked-shot total of any first round college center in recent memory. He basically stands at the top of the key waving his arms and calls it defense...Skinny legs...he ain't moving any NBA center worth a damn with those stilts. Back to Luka Donic and sticking with it....for now. [​IMG]

9. Papageorgio

Papageorgio The Ultimate Winner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,612
    Philadelphia or Houston if he wants a championship, the Lakers aren’t strong enough to compete with the Warriors, Lebron or not. Milwaukee, Indiana are ready and James could help them win, Portland with Lillard, CJ and Nurkic would be powerful. NY and Detroit need too much help for Lebron.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. IM2

IM2 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,606
    You'd be better off with Ayton. I liked Majerle but you didn't win anything with him ad Doncic reminds me of Kukoc. Ayton WILL be great. Many European players do not adjust well to the more physical game here. Ayton is a Joel Embid type, Doncic is a guy who has never played in America and averages 19 points in Euroleague. He's another overblown European player who probably should be a second round pick.