Sunni - answer me a question.....

Ten gallon hat. Big assed belt buckle that has a big star and the name Texas on it, American citizen, spanking new cowboy boots on his feet, big pointy sharp rock being gently tossed from one hand to the next. Waiting for the nod.

Grace you are leaving out the part where I said I would only participate in a stoning execution.

If the person had gone to trial and had been convicted of a capital of offence and we're given the death penalty.

I also stated that it would be the same for a man as well as a woman.

I really don't see what the problem is because we execute people here in the United States.

I guess that you object to the method of execution.

But whether it is stoning or lethal injection or hanging, etc.

The outcome is the same for the criminal.

Irrespective of their innocence or guilt, would you seriously be prepared to stone someone to death?

I can potentially understand the desire for payback if, for example, they had harmed a member of your family, but stoning someone you have no connection with? That's a huge cultural difference for someone like me to get their head around, and in all honesty I wouldn't even know where to start.

Grace you are leaving out the part where I said I would only participate in a stoning execution.

If the person had gone to trial and had been convicted of a capital of offence and we're given the death penalty.

I really don't see what the problem is because we execute people here in the United States.

Irrespective of their innocence or guilt, would you seriously be prepared to stone someone to death?

I can potentially understand the desire for payback if, for example, they had harmed a member of your family, but stoning someone you have no connection with? That's a huge cultural difference for someone like me to get their head around, and in all honesty I wouldn't even know where to start.
First, you have to set your calendar back 1400 years.

Tigerbob, This case sounds like there is a lot more going on then what is said in the press.

I am not a Saudi citizen so it's kind of hard for me to comment on this case.

You've chosen to sidestep. That's a great shame.

Many states have capital punishment

In most states now it is lethal injection.

In Utah I believe they still do hanging our firing squad.

But regardless of what method is used to execute the criminal.

A person who is not a relative of the victim of the crime.

Will be the one to pull the switch or inject the poison.

So I do not see what the problem is.

Because somebody has to do it In order for justice to be served.

However, the requirement to have a witness, or in this case 4, before you are able to effectively bring a charge without fear of imprisonment is, IMO, entirely unreasonable.

Which makes the requirement of any witness at all unreasonable, demonstrating the fundamental genius of Anglo-American jurisprudence as opposed to that of Sharia.

Are you for or against capital punishment!?

“The onus to provide evidence falls on the one who makes a claim, and the one who denies (the same) can absolve himself or herself by making a solemn oath to the contrary.”​

Rape victim: He raped me!

Barbarian rapist: I solemnly swear I did not.

Judge: Case dismissed.

Also: TheReligionofPeace - Islam: What Must a Woman Do to Prove Rape?

"And those who accuse free women then do not bring four witnesses (to adultery), flog them..."

You know, it's pretty funny how you left part of that quote out. The relevant passages are referring not to a woman claiming she was raped - they're referring to men accusing women of adultery. The "onus" is on the men to prove that the woman was unfaithful, and they must provide 4 witnesses - not the other way around.

“The onus to provide evidence falls on the one who makes a claim, and the one who denies (the same) can absolve himself or herself by making a solemn oath to the contrary.”​

"And those who accuse free women then do not bring four witnesses (to adultery), flog them..."

You know, it's pretty funny how you left part of that quote out. The relevant passages are referring not to a woman claiming she was raped - they're referring to men accusing women of adultery. The "onus" is on the men to prove that the woman was unfaithful, and they must provide 4 witnesses - not the other way around.

Again....The Stoning Of Soraya. 4 witnesses could be anyone. Neighbors. Friends. Even the children of the woman in question. How to get rid of a wife so scumbag can marry younger, newer wife? Accuse her of adultry. Get friends to say she was lewd (make sure you have coin in hand), dig hole. Make pile of rocks. Holler for Sunniman in his cowboy boots.

I guess you missed the bit where the rapist can get out of it merely by saying "Nuh-UH!!"

I am for the death penalty, asshole. IF dna and evidence is 100%. Death by lethal injection after losing any and all appeals with supposedly contrary proof. Judged by 12 people on a jury that do not know the parties involved. Last measure.
NOT stoning someone and getting a woody or wet in excitement hearing the thuds against a head.

How can any "man" do that? Even war veterans still shudder at having to kill the enemy. It haunts them. But you? You would gladly throw that rock, wouldn't you? You are no American. You are no Texan. You are no man.

Last edited:

Many states have capital punishment

In most states now it is lethal injection.

In Utah I believe they still do hanging our firing squad.

But regardless of what method is used to execute the criminal.

A person who is not a relative of the victim of the crime.

Will be the one to pull the switch or inject the poison.

So I do not see what the problem is.

Because somebody has to do it In order for justice to be served.

I was anticipating an answer of that type, and you've chosen to allude to all the similarities. But ...

One person pulling a switch vs several people throwing rocks.
A person dying relatively quickly vs a person dying relatively slowly.
A person being executed privately vs a person being executed publicly.
A person appointed by the state to carry out the execution vs anyone who wants to participate.
A method that is designed to kill someone as quickly as possible vs a method that is designed to kill with significant lingering pain

...it's the dissimilarities that are troubling. You surely now must appreciate the distinction, even if you don't agree that it is a problem.

I guess you missed the bit where the rapist can get out of it merely by saying "Nuh-UH!!"

There's no verse in the Qu'ran that says that.

Forum List

Back