Sunni - answer me a question.....

Muslim Woman Seeks to Revitalize the Institution of Sex-Slavery
Posted By Raymond Ibrahim On June 6, 2011 @ 2:21 pm In Muslim Persecution of Christians

Last week witnessed popular Muslim preacher Abu Ishaq al-Huwaini boast about how Islam allows Muslims to buy and sell conquered infidel women, so that “When I want a sex-slave, I go to the market and pick whichever female I desire and buy her.”

This week’s depraved anachronism comes from a Muslim woman—political activist and former parliamentary candidate for Kuwait’s government, Salwa al-Mutairi: She, too, seeks to “revitalize the institution of sex-slavery.”

A brief English summary appeared in the Kuwait Times (nothing, of course, in the MSM):

Muslim men who fear being seduced or tempted into immoral behavior by the beauty of their female servants, or even of those servants “casting spells” on them, would be better to purchase women from an “enslaved maid” agency for sexual purposes. She [Mutairi] suggested that special offices could be set up to provide concubines in the same way as domestic staff recruitment agencies currently provide housemaids. “We want our youth to be protected from adultery,” said al-Mutairi, suggesting that these maids could be brought as prisoners of war in war-stricken nations like Chechnya to be sold on later to devout merchants.

The Arabic news website, Al Arabiya, has the sordid details, including a video of Mutairi addressing the topic of sex-slavery. I summarize and translate various excerpts below (note: I am not making any of this up).

The Kuwaiti activist begins by insisting that “it’s of course true” that “the prophet of Islam legitimized sex-slavery.” She recounts how when she was in Mecca, Islam’s holiest city, she asked various sheikhs and muftis (learned, authoritative Muslims) about the legality of sex-slavery according to Sharia: they all confirmed it to be perfectly legal; Kuwaiti ulema further pointed out that extra “virile” men—Western synonymous include “lecherous,” “perverted,” “lust-driven”—would do well to purchase sex-slaves to sate their appetites without sinning.

Here’s a particularly interesting excerpt from her taped speech on the rules governing sex-slaves:

A Muslim state must [first] attack a Christian state—sorry, I mean any non-Muslim state—and they [the women, the future sex-slaves] must be captives of the raid [i.e., jihad]. Is this forbidden? Not at all; according to Islam, sex slaves are not at all forbidden. Quite the contrary, the rules regulating sex-slaves differ from those for free women [i.e., Muslim women]: the latter’s body must be covered entirely, except for her face and hands, whereas the sex-slave is kept naked from the bellybutton on up—she is different from the free woman; the free woman has to be married properly to her husband, but the sex-slave—he just buys her and that’s that. So the sex-slave is different from the free woman.

read the rest here.

URL to article: Muslim Woman Seeks to Revitalize the Institution of Sex-Slavery | FrontPage Magazine

Dear Doctor and SunniMan:
I was trying to follow the thread, in between the colorful comments by other characters
not related to the original subject.

I understand that Islam is being questioned for not respecting equal due process for women as men, especially concerning rape and adultery charges. And Sunni, being a self-proclaimed follower of Islam, is questioned whether or not he is a hypocrite or in denial regarding violations of human rights, such as denying equal due process and defense for rape victims accused of adultery, as executed under Shariah Law. If that is not an accurate summary, please feel free to clarify more.

My comments and questions to Doctor and Sunni:

1. Comments:
I find there IS a difference with the abuse/hypocrisy in religions such as Christianity and even Constitutional laws, because these systems provide for rebukes under the law.
However, with Islam, it seems the laws are weaker.
SURA 109 says to part ways in case of people having differences.
But the INTERPRETATION of this scripture is not given in the Quran.
It is stated OUTSIDE the Quran that this should be interpreted to mean peaceful coexistence. So the militant jihadists who claim they are instructed to kill infidels who disagree, are able to cite the militant instructions in the Quran; and the peaceful Muslims are simply left to part ways with these people, NOT TO confront or correct them.

But if you look at the abuses in Christianity or Constitutionalism, in these systems,
when people are caught or accused of misinterpreting or abusing laws, the other followers who disagree are very outspoken and proactive in confronting and correcting the abuses.

So there is something different going on.

Buddhism also does not give specific instructions for rebuking or correcting others if there is false teaching or abuses going on. It just says not to indoctrinate others. And there is an emphasis on nonviolence that is taken advantage of, as with the Dalai Lama and peaceful Buddhists who will not threaten violence to fight off oppressive or invading forces.

I mainly notice that Christian and Constitutional followers are the most open about addressing and confronting perceived abuses directly for the purpose of exposing and correcting the fault. But I do NOT see the same thing in other faiths such as Buddhism or Islam.

Any comments on this observation, Doctor?

2. Questions for Sunni:
Do you see the Constitutional laws and/or natural laws of democracy and consent of the governed as "given by God."
Do you believe that as a follower of Islam that you are called to respect all sent by God as including Constitutional principles of democratic due process?

Do you believe this is missing or this is included in Islam?
Or is it ideally supposed to be followed in Islam, but that is not happening with abuses of Shariah Law to abridge or deny equal due process (as in the cases of rape/adultery
where women do not have the same level of defense and due process as men).

Do you have comments on this, as a Muslim follower living in America?
Thank you in advance.
===========
"Islam" isn't a single entity, just like Christianity isn't a single entity, or Judaism.
Stoning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Support for stoning
A survey carried out by the Indonesia Survey Institute found that 43% of Indonesians support Rajam or stoning for adulterers.[37]
A survey conducted by the Pew Research Center found relatively widespread popular support for stoning as a punishment for adultery in Egypt (82% of respondents in favor of the punishment), Jordan (70% in favor), Indonesia (42% in favor), Pakistan (82% favor) and Nigeria (56% in favor).[38​

My point is simple - blaming the religion of Islam for the actions of humans is foolish - it's the same as blaming Christianity for the actions of Fred Phelps.

Islam as an idea is a mostly positive thing, just like Christianity, and Judaism.

You get no argument from me that the actions of many Muslims are disgusting, ass backwards, un-evolved and uncivilized nonsense.

Last edited:
Muslim Woman Seeks to Revitalize the Institution of Sex-Slavery
Posted By Raymond Ibrahim On June 6, 2011 @ 2:21 pm In Muslim Persecution of Christians

Last week witnessed popular Muslim preacher Abu Ishaq al-Huwaini boast about how Islam allows Muslims to buy and sell conquered infidel women, so that “When I want a sex-slave, I go to the market and pick whichever female I desire and buy her.”

This week’s depraved anachronism comes from a Muslim woman—political activist and former parliamentary candidate for Kuwait’s government, Salwa al-Mutairi: She, too, seeks to “revitalize the institution of sex-slavery.”

A brief English summary appeared in the Kuwait Times (nothing, of course, in the MSM):

Muslim men who fear being seduced or tempted into immoral behavior by the beauty of their female servants, or even of those servants “casting spells” on them, would be better to purchase women from an “enslaved maid” agency for sexual purposes. She [Mutairi] suggested that special offices could be set up to provide concubines in the same way as domestic staff recruitment agencies currently provide housemaids. “We want our youth to be protected from adultery,” said al-Mutairi, suggesting that these maids could be brought as prisoners of war in war-stricken nations like Chechnya to be sold on later to devout merchants.

The Arabic news website, Al Arabiya, has the sordid details, including a video of Mutairi addressing the topic of sex-slavery. I summarize and translate various excerpts below (note: I am not making any of this up).

The Kuwaiti activist begins by insisting that “it’s of course true” that “the prophet of Islam legitimized sex-slavery.” She recounts how when she was in Mecca, Islam’s holiest city, she asked various sheikhs and muftis (learned, authoritative Muslims) about the legality of sex-slavery according to Sharia: they all confirmed it to be perfectly legal; Kuwaiti ulema further pointed out that extra “virile” men—Western synonymous include “lecherous,” “perverted,” “lust-driven”—would do well to purchase sex-slaves to sate their appetites without sinning.

Here’s a particularly interesting excerpt from her taped speech on the rules governing sex-slaves:

A Muslim state must [first] attack a Christian state—sorry, I mean any non-Muslim state—and they [the women, the future sex-slaves] must be captives of the raid [i.e., jihad]. Is this forbidden? Not at all; according to Islam, sex slaves are not at all forbidden. Quite the contrary, the rules regulating sex-slaves differ from those for free women [i.e., Muslim women]: the latter’s body must be covered entirely, except for her face and hands, whereas the sex-slave is kept naked from the bellybutton on up—she is different from the free woman; the free woman has to be married properly to her husband, but the sex-slave—he just buys her and that’s that. So the sex-slave is different from the free woman.

read the rest here.

URL to article: Muslim Woman Seeks to Revitalize the Institution of Sex-Slavery | FrontPage Magazine

Thanks for this link. There is no doubt to my mind. that the Islamic treatment of women is multi-layered and highly punishing to ensure complete subjugation to the Musilm who submits to Allah.

Forum List

Back