Sunni - answer me a question.....

tigerbob

Increasingly jaded.
Oct 27, 2007
Michigan
I read an article recently about an Australian who was raped in I beleive the UAE, and when she filed a police complaint she was jailed for 8 months for adultery. I think that a reasonable summary of the case.

I also read this post from you in another theread...

I think the four witnesses to a rape rule is a good thing.

I am sure that the innocent Duke Lacrosse players would agree.

I agree that having witnesses for a rape charge is a good thing, certainly better than uncorroborated accusations. However, the requirement to have a witness, or in this case 4, before you are able to effectively bring a charge without fear of imprisonment is, IMO, entirely unreasonable.

It seems that your view is that a man's right to protection from injustice (in this case, unjust accusation) is more important than a woman's right to justice.

Is this a fair summation of your views, or would you care to qualify / expand your position?

It may be that you have answered this question before and if so I'm sorry to ask you to address it again.

Sunni admitted he would participate stoning a woman to death if she were found guilty of a crime.
Yes. Stone. He would literally be one of the assholes pelting someone buried up to their waist, helpless, and dying in such a horrific way.
So I presume he would also find a rape victim guilty because she didn't have FOUR witnesses to that rape. He would be the first to pick up a pile of sharp stones and have her die slowly. At his hands.

I always gave him the benefit of the doubt because he is a born american. Texan. Collects cowboy boots if I recollect. Yet this man, who married a muslim woman, is not a man at all. He is an evil creature in the guise of a human being. When I read what he said, I knew then he was a disgrace to everything American. Everything God stands for. Everything Jesus taught against.

Spit.

Sunni admitted he would participate stoning a woman to death if she were found guilty of a crime.
Yes. Stone. He would literally be one of the assholes pelting someone buried up to their waist, helpless, and dying in such a horrific way.
So I presume he would also find a rape victim guilty because she didn't have FOUR witnesses to that rape. He would be the first to pick up a pile of sharp stones and have her die slowly. At his hands.

I always gave him the benefit of the doubt because he is a born american. Texan. Collects cowboy boots if I recollect. Yet this man, who married a muslim woman, is not a man at all. He is an evil creature in the guise of a human being. When I read what he said, I knew then he was a disgrace to everything American. Everything God stands for. Everything Jesus taught against.

Spit.

What is it about Islam that turns some people into animals?

Fucking barbarians.

Spit.

Wow, I don't often see you fire a broadside like that!

And you may be right, but I'm interested in hearing from him whether the position I've ascribed to him is accurate and, if so, how he defends it.

I didn't see his comments about stoning. Horrid if correct.

Spit.

'he' is what he says he is, on this board. Zero cred.:eusa_liar:

Spit.

Wow, I don't often see you fire a broadside like that!

And you may be right, but I'm interested in hearing from him whether the position I've ascribed to him is accurate and, if so, how he defends it.

I didn't see his comments about stoning. Horrid if correct.
I'm not always sweetness and light. Guess when evil hits me square in the face because my head isn't currently buried in the sand,I tend to come up sputtering and slashing around with my sword-like tongue.

I read an article recently about an Australian who was raped in I beleive the UAE, and when she filed a police complaint she was jailed for 8 months for adultery. I think that a reasonable summary of the case.

I agree that having witnesses for a rape charge is a good thing, certainly better than uncorroborated accusations. However, the requirement to have a witness, or in this case 4, before you are able to effectively bring a charge without fear of imprisonment is, IMO, entirely unreasonable.

It seems that your view is that a man's right to protection from injustice (in this case, unjust accusation) is more important than a woman's right to justice.

Is this a fair summation of your views, or would you care to qualify / expand your position?

It may be that you have answered this question before and if so I'm sorry to ask you to address it again.
Honestly, I would want to know a little bit more about the case and why she was charged with rape before I make a comment .

Watch the movie The Stoning of Soraya. Netflix. Instant play. And picture sunni man in his cowboy boots in the group, whooping and hollering as the woman is literally brained to death. Watch it. Picture it.
Then picture a woman being raped and see him with his boots crossed, belt buckle gleaming on his jeans, condemning a woman for adultery and eyeballing the pile of stones near a hole that was just dug.

Then tell me Sunni and his ilk are men.

He also says there are only a hand full of reported rapes in the whole of islam.. I cant remember what thread though.

i wonder why that is?

Honestly, I would want to know a little bit more about the case and why she was charged with rape before I make a comment .

I'll try and find it for you.

Fortunately, it was pretty easy to find.

A Brisbane woman who was jailed in Dubai for adultery after she was allegedly drugged and raped plans to sue the Australian Government.

Alicia Gali, 29, claims she was drugged and sexually assaulted by four co-workers at Le Meridien Al Aqah Beach Resort in the United Arab Emirates in June 2008.

She has already been granted leave to sue the resort and will tomorrow seek leave to sue the Commonwealth in the Brisbane Supreme Court.

Ms Gali claims she contacted an Australian consular official for advice over whether to report the incident or go to hospital.

She claims the officer warned her she could face a life sentence if drugs were found in her system, but did not tell her a complaint of rape could see her charged for adultery.

Ms Gali spent eight months in prison over the incident because it is illegal to have sex outside of marriage in the United Arab Emirates.

Woman to sue Government over alleged Dubai rape - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Grace you are leaving out the part where I said I would only participate in a stoning execution.

If the person had gone to trial and had been convicted of a capital of offence and we're given the death penalty.

I also stated that it would be the same for a man as well as a woman.

I really don't see what the problem is because we execute people here in the United States.

I guess that you object to the method of execution.

But whether it is stoning or lethal injection or hanging, etc.

The outcome is the same for the criminal.

Tigerbob, This case sounds like there is a lot more going on then what is said in the press.

I am not a Saudi citizen so it's kind of hard for me to comment on this case.

Forum List

Back