Sunday Morning Musing

alan1

Gold Member
Dec 13, 2008
Shoveling the ashes
Yeah, I'm gonna step into Strolling Bones' territory here.

I had some PM's this morning about religion and whatnot. Then the person said "spirituality". I like spiritual people but don't care to much for religious people.

Eve's marital status seems to be a hot topic this Sunday morning. I've never seen a woman start a public thread about a mans marital status. Is that because they are more subtle? Or is it because us men just announce that type of thing?

I haven't read the news yet but looked at some of the headlines.

Iran's election is interesting yet wasn't surprising. Don't the religious Islamic leaders decide who the president of Iran is?

David Carradine is still dead and suicide is questioned. If you commit suicide do you really care how you are found? Does it matter to you if you are found naked or clothed?

Digital TV broadcasts have replaced analog broadcasts. On the radio yesterday they were talking about all the people that were unprepared for that. Who are those people? How could they be so clueless and stupid so as not to be informed about that?

Last night me and my neighbor(Kenny) sat on the tailgate of my truck and knocked back shots of gin with beer chasers. I'm a pasty white guy, he's black as midnight. The brown guy across the street joined us for a little while, he's mexican (I can't remember his name because it's really odd and when he says it, he sounds Jewish). His english sucks so me and Kenny try and teach him slang. Whilst discussing politics and social constructs, Kenny brought up a good point. He said, "Where the fuck is channel 9 news while us folk are hanging out having a good time? Why is it that the news only shows up when some asshole gets all racist about something?"

Some sock puppet started a thread about leaving USMB. I think Gunny had to pull the trigger because del and my sis were too easy on the idiot.

StollingBones sent me a PM the other day. She said she wasn't going to send me anymore PM's because I was screwing with her and others about it last week. I sorta had to coax it out of her though. I like SB, and anybody that doesn't is probably just an asshole.
Muse that Ms StrollingBones.

I've found through PM's that is the best way to really talk to people on here, without all the partisan BS you get on the threads. I'm so sick of the generalizations and hate filled rhetoric from BOTH sides.

Yeah, bones is fun to talk to in PM's, as are all of you I've had the pleasure to converse with.

That sockpuppet keeps coming back, he was here again this morning, got 6 posts in before I coud ban his a$s again! :lol:

Adam and Eve....too funny. That woman is fun, and has a great sense of humor, and oh yeah, she's one of my PM buddies too! :cool:

MM,shots of gin and Beer? :eek: To each his own I guess! How is your head this morning?

Somebody go tell xeno to take a nap, he's been up all night with his dad in the hospital, thank goodness his dad is going to be O.K.!

Tim Russert has been gone from us a year now. :(

Off to the pool soon, hope the water is warm enough to swim laps today! But first, a vegetarian BLT for lunch! YUM!

Since this is a Sunday morning what's up...here goes.

The bird are singing away out there this morning. I'm thinking about the hawks that live in the eves. They eat my song birds:evil: Dang i should have let the cat eat that little booger a few years back.

The dog is moaning this morning. He needs a bath but have ya ever tried to bath a two hundred pound dog with no running water?

The rains have been almost constant here for the last month. A blessing in disguise. Since I'd hate to have to run the air conditioner this summer. Down side it's been to cool for swimming much. Up side the fish are spawning. Down side the little buggers bite. Up side the dogs loves to eat fresh fish. Down side I have to catch them first.

My tomatoes are growing slower than Moses walking Israel through the deserts. So all the BLT's may be just BL's this summer.

I am very spiritual ... worship at my alter every day almost all day ... work miracles that even astound me ...

... I know you've seen my great works ... full video two is almost complete ... and believe me, that's a miracle.

Adam and Eve....too funny. That woman is fun, and has a great sense of humor, and oh yeah, she's one of my PM buddies too! :cool:
Dang, sis, do I have to share everything with you?

MM,shots of gin and Beer? :eek: To each his own I guess! How is your head this morning?
My head is just fine, got up at 7:00 this morning and felt like a million bucks.

But first, a vegetarian BLT for lunch! YUM!
Just what is the B part of a vegetarian BLT?

Since this is a Sunday morning what's up...here goes.

The bird are singing away out there this morning. I'm thinking about the hawks that live in the eves. They eat my song birds:evil: Dang i should have let the cat eat that little booger a few years back.

The dog is moaning this morning. He needs a bath but have ya ever tried to bath a two hundred pound dog with no running water?

The rains have been almost constant here for the last month. A blessing in disguise. Since I'd hate to have to run the air conditioner this summer. Down side it's been to cool for swimming much. Up side the fish are spawning. Down side the little buggers bite. Up side the dogs loves to eat fresh fish. Down side I have to catch them first.

My tomatoes are growing slower than Moses walking Israel through the deserts. So all the BLT's may be just BL's this summer.

Bathe him in the rain. Or better yet, make Rod do it.

The dog would be mad at me if he had to take a bath in the rain. Besides wouldn't I get just as wet? Not Rod's dog so my job not his. I used to take him to the lake here until the game warden got all pissy and told me no bathing the dog there...:lol:

The dog would be mad at me if he had to take a bath in the rain. Besides wouldn't I get just as wet? Not Rod's dog so my job not his. I used to take him to the lake here until the game warden got all pissy and told me no bathing the dog there...:lol:

Of course you'd get just as wet as the dog, that's why I suggested you let...uhm...make Rod do it. I'm considerate like that. (Except Rod probably doesn't think I'm very considerate of him right now).

The game warden probably got pissy because you weren't using biodegradable soap.

Of course you'd get just as wet as the dog, that's why I suggested you let...uhm...make Rod do it. I'm considerate like that. (Except Rod probably doesn't think I'm very considerate of him right now).

The game warden probably got pissy because you weren't using biodegradable soap.
rod said something not nice since he is setting here and read this.. I won't repeat it was, you can guess.
The guy did not even have the courtesy to ask if it was biodegradable soap. He was just totally insensitive about it. (Rod said Barney Fife complex)

I've found through PM's that is the best way to really talk to people on here, without all the partisan BS you get on the threads. I'm so sick of the generalizations and hate filled rhetoric from BOTH sides.

Yeah, bones is fun to talk to in PM's, as are all of you I've had the pleasure to converse with.

That sockpuppet keeps coming back, he was here again this morning, got 6 posts in before I coud ban his a$s again! :lol:

Somebody go tell xeno to take a nap, he's been up all night with his dad in the hospital, thank goodness his dad is going to be O.K.!

Tim Russert has been gone from us a year now. :(

Off to the pool soon, hope the water is warm enough to swim laps today! But first, a vegetarian BLT for lunch! YUM!

You look like Marg Helgenberger.

rod said something not nice since he is setting here and read this.. I won't repeat it was, you can guess.
The guy did not even have the courtesy to ask if it was biodegradable soap. He was just totally insensitive about it. (Rod said Barney Fife complex)
Hey Rod, since you're reading this, it wasn't that harsh. :lol:

He's on to bigger and better things for the day...

The dog was born at my daughter's house. Long story. Short of it Rod said, if you keep any of them keep this one. Six months down the road the dog is leaning over into the front seat of the pickup slobbering all over Rod's shoulder. He is bitching about it of course. I remind him, but sweetheart you picked him out for me.

The dog was born at my daughter's house. Long story. Short of it Rod said, if you keep any of them keep this one. Six months down the road the dog is leaning over into the front seat of the pickup slobbering all over Rod's shoulder. He is bitching about it of course. I remind him, but sweetheart you picked him out for me.

See, there you have it, Rod picked him, therefore Rod can wash him in the rain.

Rod is back sitting next to me... He say stfu and added, "don't plant seeds you can't harvest." He's on his first cup of coffee & third smoke. It gets better.

Rod is back sitting next to me... He say stfu and added, "don't plant seeds you can't harvest." He's on his first cup of coffee & third smoke. It gets better.

Haha, that's ironic, he picked out the dog and he wants to tell me about harvesting what one sows.
He drinks coffee and smokes, we'd probably get along pretty good.

Forum List

Back