Sun Tea

Skull Pilot

Diamond Member
Nov 17, 2007
Am I the only one in the country who still makes this delicious summertime drink?

A friend of mine saw my 1 gallon mason jar full of water with tea bags in it sitting on the rail of my deck and asked what the hell was I making.

sun-tea.jpg

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: NLT
Am I the only one in the country who still makes this delicious summertime drink?

A friend of mine say my 1 gallon mason jar full of water with tea bags in it sitting on the rail of my deck and asked what the hell was I making.

sun_tea2.jpg

You aren't the only one... Good stuff.

It is great stuff....I love sun tea!!!

I must share a story. When my youngest son was about age 5, we would travel to Illinois to visit my then husband's parents. The neighbors were big on making sun tea, you would always see a gallon jar outside, complete with tea bags, basking in the sun.
My son had no idea what was going on.....and unbeknown to me, when the neighbors would place the jar outside, my little boy would go and dump it out.
I never knew he was doing this till after about our 3rd day there, and the neighbors politely come over and told me and asked if I could please have my son to stop dumping out their tea.
He said he was sorry....I felt super bad...but the neighbors were so kind, they laughed it off.
My son never touched their tea after that day :)

Is there really a difference in sun tea and tea prepared on oven with boiling water?

I am HUGE ised tea fan would like to know if its worth changing my habits.

Lord knows we have plenty of sunshine here in Houston lately... ITS FREEKING HOT HERE!

I will check back later.. got to go for now.

Last edited:
The perfect combination of 2 summertime favorites.

The John Daly

1 1/4 oz Absolut® Citron vodka
1/4 oz triple sec
fill with 1/2 lemonade
fill with 1/2 iced tea
ice cubes and mint garnish

Is there really a difference in sun tea and tea prepared on oven with boiling water?

I am HUGE ised tea fan would like to know if its worth changing my habits.

Lord knows we have plenty of sunshine here in Houston lately... ITS FREEKING HOT HERE!

I find that the sun tea doesn't get bitter no matter how long the jar is steeped. Steeping tea in boiling water can make a bitter brew.

Forum List

Back