Sun Goes Blank Again, Weakest Solar Cycle in More Than a Century

And a good Solar minimum will PERMANENTLY remove a LOT of heat storage from the oceans.

Care to explain that?

Sure.. Conclusions all reached by trying to force insufficiently sampled GLOBAL data into a GLOBAL average that never had a prayer of being accurate. When you look at the individual LOCAL proxies -- you get a substantially bigger picture. You've been told this MANY MANY times and still don't appreciate the fraud that leads to "GLOBAL" conclusions in a era before thermometers...

Little Ice Age cold interval in West Antarctica: Evidence from borehole temperature at the West Antarctic Ice Sheet (WAIS) Divide - Orsi - 2012 - Geophysical Research Letters - Wiley Online Library

Results show that WAIS Divide was colder than the last 1000-year average from 1300 to 1800 C.E. The temperature in the time period 1400–1800 C.E. was on average 0.52 ± 0.28°C colder than the last 100-year average. This amplitude is about half of that seen at Greenland Summit (GRIP). This result is consistent with the idea that the LIA was a global event, probably caused by a change in solar and volcanic forcing, and was not simply a seesaw-type redistribution of heat between the hemispheres as would be predicted by some ocean-circulation hypotheses. The difference in the magnitude of the LIA between Greenland and West Antarctica suggests that the feedbacks amplifying the radiative forcing may not operate in the same way in both regions.

That pattern almost COMPLETELY matches the pattern before the last Solar Minimum.. It's amazing actually.

Go find the pattern for Solar cycle 2 thru 5 back in the early 1700s.. Or I'll post it later. One of the features that they are looking at is that EXTENDED "low half cycle" that is considerably longer in time than "normal". When that feature is followed by a lower "high half cycle" -- it hasn't been seen in HUNDREDS of years. That's what the buzz is about..

And a good Solar minimum will PERMANENTLY remove a LOT of heat storage from the oceans.

Care to explain that?

That didn't explain this at all. What do you mean by "heat storage"? Capacity? Heat content? And what do you mean by "PERMANENTLY"? Forever? For a very long time? How long? And how, precisely, will a solar minimum accomplish this change?

Care to explain that?

That didn't explain this at all. What do you mean by "heat storage"? Capacity? Heat content? And what do you mean by "PERMANENTLY"? Forever? For a very long time? How long? And how, precisely, will a solar minimum accomplish this change?

Oh... Did I explain the WRONG thing because I'm supposed to read your mind? You just too lazy to quote a reply?

You meant ---------------> THAT.. No -- I don't care to explain it. Too many dumb questions indicates I'd be wasting even MORE time guessing at your deficiencies...

In both requests I made of you I quoted exactly what it was you said that I wished for you to explain.

I'm afraid the only way I can take this is that you cannot explain it.

So, FCT, you have no explanation as to how a solar minimum will remove heat storage from the oceans. You might have simply corrected yourself and replaced "storage" with "stored", but I guess that didn't make the point you wanted to make, eh?

Perhaps you should read what I actually wrote rather than what you wish I'd written. What do you think the term "stored" indicates.

Fool.

Forum List

Back