Summer weekends...

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
The dock is the place to be.
FB_20150809_18_06_23_Saved_Picture.jpg

Gunny sack race at the family reunion. My daughter won in a big way which had to annoy the hell out of my cousin, whose obnoxious grandson lost by an embarrassingly huge margin hohohoView attachment 46928
WP_20150808_029.jpg
WP_20150808_029.jpg
WP_20150808_029.jpg
WP_20150808_029.jpg

We are toying with the idea of a hollering contest next year. Some of us are very good at it. We are also trying to think of a way to play sarcastic jeopardy....

You are missing out on an Okie weekend in the summer..
watermelon seed spitting contest, greased pig contest, cow chip throwing contest and pin the bonnet on the Indian...

I wish I had family like that.

I did when I was a kid.
Me too, now we barely number 6...
Same here. 6 siblings left. From the 40's 50's and early 60's.

I try to story tell to my kids, but they pass it off as gay shit.

I should just whip them with a belt to get their attention.
The belt never helped mine to listen...My sibling passed in 2007, so I have none...

My mom was the youngest of 11. We used to gather regularly throughout the year....Memorial weekend we had a swimming party, Christmas was a gift exchange at the VFW hall, then Easter at my auntie's. Now there are only two of the original left. Our parties used to number 175, and only a couple of gray heads. That group wasn't the entire lot of us, but we're nowhere near 175 that gather, and we're not as closely related. We took pics of first, second and third cousin groups one year...that was fun. We have fourth too.

The food was pretty good...brats and lots of sides and desserts. I brought sliced roast beef...fire ban means I didn't smoke it as I'd planned. Also baked beans, pineapple upside down cake. There were enchiladas and I dunno what else...lots of chow, always.

You have a nice looking family KG.
Makes me remember the days when I actually had enough family members to have such a get together.
Whether through death or misdeeds i'm down to the wife and I.
Consider yourself fortunate.

Forum List

Back