Summer TV

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
I watched the season finales of Castle – and am looking forward to see what happens in the fall – and Grimm, one of my favorite shows that really left us hanging. Also note Vegas won't be back in the fall, no big loss.

So, what ahead to be looking forward to?

Here's a brief list.

A&E
The Glades – 5/27 -I really enjoy it.
Longmire - 5/27 – didn't see enough to be certain, but will watch.

TNT
Major Crimes – 6/10 - got rid of the weird-mouth broad in the prequel.
Falling Skies – 6/9 - good scifi
Franklin & Bash – 6/19 - fun watching
Perception – 6/25 - I think it's better than Elementary
Rizzoli & Isles – 6/25 - good show

USA
Burn Notice – 6/6
Covert Affairs – 7/16
Royal Pains – 6/12 - another I like
Suits – 7/16 - don't like the lead that much but the story line's interesting

Syfy
Continuim – 6/7
Primeval – 6/8

There are others, but only the above interest me.

I watched the season finales of Castle – and am looking forward to see what happens in the fall – and Grimm, one of my favorite shows that really left us hanging. Also note Vegas won't be back in the fall, no big loss.

So, what ahead to be looking forward to?

Here's a brief list.

A&E
The Glades – 5/27 -I really enjoy it.
Longmire - 5/27 – didn't see enough to be certain, but will watch.

TNT
Major Crimes – 6/10 - got rid of the weird-mouth broad in the prequel.
Falling Skies – 6/9 - good scifi
Franklin & Bash – 6/19 - fun watching
Perception – 6/25 - I think it's better than Elementary
Rizzoli & Isles – 6/25 - good show

USA
Burn Notice – 6/6
Covert Affairs – 7/16
Royal Pains – 6/12 - another I like
Suits – 7/16 - don't like the lead that much but the story line's interesting

Syfy
Continuim – 6/7
Primeval – 6/8

There are others, but only the above interest me.

i watch about half of those.....Starz has got "Da Vinci's Demons"....thats pretty interesting........

i watch 2 shows that i think are dam good,but they are on Cinemax so if you don't have that then you may not know about them....."Strike Back" and "Banshee"........

Falling Skies...and TRUE BLOOD!

I'm looking forward to "Under the Dome" which will be on CBS starting in June for several weeks over the summer. I read the novel, it should make a great "miniseries."

Big Brother, lol. Yeah, I know. I'm a reality show junky. Well, except for Real Housewives and anything with a kardashian in it.

I'm looking forward to "Under the Dome" which will be on CBS starting in June for several weeks over the summer. I read the novel, it should make a great "miniseries."

I tried so hard to get into that book and couldn't.

I am a S. King fan, too. Last two good books he put out are Dumas Key and From A Buick 8.

I tried so hard to get into that book and couldn't.

I am a S. King fan, too. Last two good books he put out are Dumas Key and From A Buick 8.

Well, even if you couldn't get into the book, you might like the show. I actually really liked the explanation at the end of the book of why that dome came down over the town. That's all I'll say! :)

*tease*

Don't know that it really qualifies as a summer show, but there was a really short "reality" show that was recently on TVLAND. The only reason I even knew about the show is that TVLAND is the only station one of my little ladies watches.

"Forever Young" was essentially a "young meets old" show in which five under 30 folks found themselves living with five over 70 folks. The object was to see if the generation gap could be bridged. It was heartwarming, hilarious, inspiring and moving. It went from a disbelieving, "We're going to be living with OLD people???" and "What the hell can these young people POSSIBLY teach me???" to tears, hugs, laughter and thanks in the final episode. The gap was bridged beautifully as both generations got to know each other and work together through various game challenges, etc.

Like Gracie, I'm a reality show junkie though I go mostly for the competition kinds of shows. I'll be watching "Master Chef" - it premiered this last week but you can still get in on it as they were still in auditions. Ditto for "So You Think You Can Dance" which is still in auditions. Both are great competition shows though. I don't think I can stomach "The Bachelorette" but may peek in just for giggles. I've been thinking about checking out "Big Brother" because so many at USMB seem to like it. Otherwise it will be mostly movies for us.

Not really summer shows but

I'm waiting for the new season of Bones, the ending was awfully sad.

I have many episodes to complete in Castle.

And the end of NCIS was breathtaking.

Last edited:
Arrested Developement on Netflix. Hilarious! The entire new seasons were released at once so I can binge watch them. :)

Forum List

Back