Summer Of 2012: Will Up To 50% Of Americans Choose Between Air-Conditioning And Food?

Oct 10, 2011
Naples

:hellno::boohoo:
If the predictions are on track and we go into the summer of 2012 with an average gas price of $4.50 (ish) a gallon, then what happens to our electricity bills? If the average household pays about $100.00 a month now, what will it be when it's 85 to 100 degrees out?
This issue hasn't been brought up yet on the news, but let's all just wait and see what Obama and the White House has to say and tell the nation come June/July when the average American is already suffering as it is with gas&food prices.
Will The Left Keep Blaming Bush ?
:disbelief::eusa_silenced::fu:

• Banned
Oh yes, and yet Obama will keep taking his million dollar vacations while over half of us are still suffering financially,,yet Obama speaks for the poor and middle class? Will O'Bozo be off to Marthas Vinyard again for 20 or so days when America will be in some crisis once again come August?

They have been saying for years that gas will hit 5 bucks a gallon, the closest it ever came to thet was during Bush. What did he do? Nothing. There is really nothing much the president can do. But your type seems to think that the president has enough power to force prices down, well they really don't. it is controlled by the people on Wall Street and the gas producers. The only way a president could change that is by nationalisation of the industry, which we will never see in the USA.

• Banned
and to think Cally, NY and Chicago voted for Obama, now how do they all feel paying for 4.50 or higher gas?

Oh yes, and yet Obama will keep taking his million dollar vacations while over half of us are still suffering financially,,yet Obama speaks for the poor and middle class? Will O'Bozo be off to Marthas Vinyard again for 20 or so days when America will be in some crisis once again come August?

If you worked 24/7 and had the type of job the president has, you'd be trying to get away as much as possible also.

Poor babys, just hoping for some sort of disaster to lay at our President's door. Given the present candidates that you are fielding, that is what it will take. Or maybe three disasters.

If you worked 24/7 and had the type of job the president has, you'd be trying to get away as much as possible also.

Obama works? When? He's been on a perpetual state of vacation since 1/20/2009.

if Obama was really concerned over the financial hardship of 4.00 gas, he would at least give the millions of Americans on welfare/unemployment a check for about 2000.00 to help them out with the cost of gas and food,,,but of course he wont,,his golf outings and vacations are more important.

and to think Cally, NY and Chicago voted for Obama, now how do they all feel paying for 4.50 or higher gas?

Then complain to the right people and stop thinking the president controls how much fuel is produced. there is a glut of oil and US production is up, but prices are increasing because of the private market investors and speculators, bitching about Obama shows your true intent is not to have issue with the reason why the prices are increasing but Obama bashing. Good luck crying.

if Obama was really concerned over the financial hardship of 4.00 gas, he would at least give the millions of Americans on welfare/unemployment a check for about 2000.00 to help them out with the cost of gas and food,,,but of course he wont,,his golf outings and vacations are more important.

I quess you have never heard of lineheap or energy assistanbe programs that help people pay for their power and or fuel sources? But for you the cynnicism of your angst is a fallacy you profess by your words.

Obama works? When? He's been on a perpetual state of vacation since 1/20/2009.

So how long have you not worked either?

There is something I am honestly puzzled about. I am wondering exactly what it is one has to do to one's brain so that one can criticize Obama's vacation time with no sense of hypocrisy on one's part. Considering Obama's time spent on vacation is literally one third the amount of time Bush spent on vacation in the same length of time in office, I feel like I am listening to retards when I hear these things.

Is there a specific spot on your head you have to hit yourself to induce this selective amnesia? How many foot-pounds of force does it require?

Honestly, I really do not get it. There HAS to be some very weird pathology behind this phenomenon. And it merits scientific study.

Last edited:
Air conditioning? I thought Global Warming wasn't happening or, if it is, it's a good thing. Why would anyone want to condition what's already a good thing? These are natural fluctuations. Nothing man can do can change that. Live with it!!

When the POTUS goes on vacation, the football goes with him, the SS goes with him, an entourage of government workers--drivers, cooks, hair dressers, advisors go with him. He is always "on call", so to speak.

Frankly, I wish Obama would stay on vacation 24/7 until he leaves office. That way I wouldn't have to hear of his empty campaign speeches!

Last edited:
what happens if we have a repeat of that summer when hundreds of eldery/seniors were dropping like flies during an Illinios massive heatwave caused by a combination of 90 degree weather and a black-out? it could happen, then who gets the blame when more people die when they either cant afford electricity and/or a black out come july/august of 2102?

Forum List

Back