Summer employment

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
A 14 year old boy from a small rural town is seeking summer employment but his options are somewhat limited. So he goes to the general store at the center of town and asks the owner for a job. The owner says "you're much to young for this job kid, come back in a couple years and maybe I can help you out." The boy replies "Aww, come on please? I really need a job and I'm a very quick learner. Can you help me out?" The owner says, "Alright, just watch how I handle the next customer and see if you think you can do likewise." The next customer gets to the counter with a bag of grass seed. The owner says "Would you like to buy a lawnmower with that?" The customer says, "why?" and the owner replies, "well I'm guessing you're going to plant that seed and it will eventually grow and need to be cut, and we happen to be running a great sale on lawnmowers so this would be a good time to buy." The customer is convinced and buys a lawnmower. The owner turns to the boy and says, "see that, I just turned a $5 grass seed sale into a $200 lawnmower sale, that's how this job is done. You take the next customer and we'll see how you do." Five minutes later a man gets to the counter and places on it a box of tampons. The boy looks at the tampons, and then looks at the man, and then looks at the tampons again, scratches his head, and finally says to the customer, "would you like to buy a lawnmower with that?" The customer says, "why would I want to buy a lawnmower?" and the boy says, "Well, it looks like your week is shot, you might as well mow the lawn." :D

You lead an interesting life. There are stores that exist that sell both lawnmowers and tampons? I won't even mention the hordes of atheists being arrogant at you or the Canadians being arrogant at you or the women that can't add that you hang around with...

• Banned
You lead an interesting life. There are stores that exist that sell both lawnmowers and tampons? I won't even mention the hordes of atheists being arrogant at you or the Canadians being arrogant at you or the women that can't add that you hang around with...

:clap2:

Allow me to quote Ian Anderson once more:

"If sometimes I sing to a cynical degree, it's just the nonsense that it seems." :D

• Banned
Prolly. If you could get by with seriousness for more than two minutes I'd be impressed...maybe.

Lucky for me, impressing you is low on my list of priorities. :eusa_doh:

But since we're on the topic, I'm still waiting for some rep points for my post in the three strikes thread you seemed particulary fond of. :cool:

I was being totally seriously on that one.

THIS is the guy that Larkin was bragging about coming to his rescue?

:rofl:

thats allsome.

Forum List

Back