Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Not sure

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Pie/cake/death

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Having been suicidal myself, all I remember thinking was "Please God; make it stop." I wasn't thinking "I'll show them."

I just didn't see any way to continue, in all that pain.

Obviously you did! :D

I didn't. But I prayed through my pain, God help me! And I always fell asleep, and when I woke up, I was at peace.

I am bipolar and have suicidal thoughts alot... but not so much during the day. Night time is the worst time. Everything seems to invariably lead to morbid thoughts of your own mortality. For me at least.

A family member two generations back committed suicide. He was a brilliant man, an attorney who'd never gone to college (you could take the board a hundred years ago without a college degree, yes - he's been a law clerk). He had a devoted wife and four young children. And he was bipolar. He saw to it that his affairs were in order and - during a 'normal' phase in between the mania and depression! - he killed himself.

His reason was that he didn't want to put his wife and children through the wringer of his illness any longer. That was in 1929 - long before there were any psychotropic medications available.

I think one would be hard put to say he'd been 'driven' to it by external forces.

Having had to be on prednisone for a while, I described it as feeling my skin was too small for me, that I had something I was supposed to be doing, urgently!, and I couldn't 'catch my breath' emotionally......

A friend who's bipolar told me that is a bit like what the manic phase is.

I've also had some losses in my life which led to a moderate depression.

And I can't imagine trying to do much more than survive bouncing between those two ..... GOD Bless all who struggle with that situation!

Cowman, I think that's typical - nothing but dark 'out there'. And the stars, so very far away....it's all so big. Easy to feel lost and helpless.

And even good friends can be out of sorts if you whine at them at 2 AM : ))

Cowman, I think that's typical - nothing but dark 'out there'. And the stars, so very far away....it's all so big. Easy to feel lost and helpless.

And even good friends can be out of sorts if you whine at them at 2 AM : ))

Suicide is never the answer.

Having been suicidal myself, all I remember thinking was "Please God; make it stop." I wasn't thinking "I'll show them."

I just didn't see any way to continue, in all that pain.

Obviously you did! :D

I didn't. But I prayed through my pain, God help me! And I always fell asleep, and when I woke up, I was at peace.

Toots, in your own words ^^^^ yes, you did find a way to continue.

I am bipolar and have suicidal thoughts alot... but not so much during the day. Night time is the worst time. Everything seems to invariably lead to morbid thoughts of your own mortality. For me at least.

Have you tried Zoloft or Prozac?

Someone I know had the same symptoms and treated it successfully with pharmaceuticals.

Last edited:
I've been cooped up in a car on a long car ride with people that almost made me want to kill myself just to get away from them!:lol:

I voted maybe. To me a person may not be given much reason to go forward from anyone else, but in my opinion when it comes right down to it all the way, it is all up to you whether your life continues or not because it is your life and no one else's.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. I would never intentionally drive someone into ending their life because I believe that taking your own life is the sin that the Lord will not forgive you of. He didn't give you life just so that you could turn around and throw it into the trash.

People are blaming Nancy Grace for the suicide of a woman.

Woman who killed her baby and was dubbed

Now. I once had a friend whose husband blamed her in his suicide note. She is adamant that no matter what he did, she is in no wise responsible for his death. She didn't contribute, she didn't cause, she doesn't own it.

Kids have committed suicide over bullying.

My question today is: Do you believe a person or persons can drive another to lose their will to live, and then act on it.

No, people have free will.....

Now. I once had a friend whose husband blamed her in his suicide note. She is adamant that no matter what he did, she is in no wise responsible for his death. She didn't contribute, she didn't cause, she doesn't own it.

My question today is: Do you believe a person or persons can drive another to lose their will to live, and then act on it.

It is clear that the woman didn't intend to kill her baby. She was probably suffering deeply, and regretting her actions that day. The last thing she needed to hear was some woman, who doesn't know anything about her, humiliating her on television. Nancy Grace should mind her own business next time.

The woman chose to kill herself, but would she have killed herself had Nancy Grace not been such a bitch, and mocked the woman over the death of her child? I doubt it.

If "someone" is blamed for another someone's suicide death...then I'd say the person who committed suicide, wasn't all in their right mind to begin with.

The woman had just lost her newborn baby as a result of a bad decision. Of course she wasn't in the right frame of mind! Nancy Grace just drove her over the edge.

It is clear that the woman didn't intend to kill her baby. She was probably suffering deeply, and regretting her actions that day. The last thing she needed to hear was some woman, who doesn't know anything about her, humiliating her on television. Nancy Grace should mind her own business next time.

The woman chose to kill herself, but would she have killed herself had Nancy Grace not been such a bitch, and mocked the woman over the death of her child? I doubt it.

Oh so if you talk shit to me and I off your ass am I off the hook for murder???

Nancy Grace didn't make that woman do a fucking thing.....

You cant sit here and pretend like Grace had a role in this womans actions....

Most people at one point in their lives have had to deal with fucked up shit but most of us don't go killing babies and ourselves no matter how bad it is....

If "someone" is blamed for another someone's suicide death...then I'd say the person who committed suicide, wasn't all in their right mind to begin with.

The woman had just lost her newborn baby as a result of a bad decision. Of course she wasn't in the right frame of mind! Nancy Grace just drove her over the edge.

She was ALSO an active alcoholic - and they're far from being stable or reliable people. Or mature.......

Especially with women, the alcoholism is very often an attempt to self-medicate issues like depression (although alcohol is a depressant!), ADHD, various 'organic' mental illnesses - bipolar, schizophrenia, depression (as opposed to 'situational' depression after a death, etc)......

I voted "yes"

I'd like to point out that young gay people who feel they have no support - not from society, not from family, and not even spiritually in some cases as they're told that even God hates them - are especially vulnerable. Continuous non-acceptance is a powerful blow to self-esteem.

Oh so if you talk shit to me and I off your ass am I off the hook for murder???

Nancy Grace didn't make that woman do a fucking thing.....

You cant sit here and pretend like Grace had a role in this womans actions....

Most people at one point in their lives have had to deal with fucked up shit but most of us don't go killing babies and ourselves no matter how bad it is....

I don't necessarily agree that people are responsible for ones decision to commit suicide. I think that sometimes, bullying can lead to depression, and if that depression isn't treated, it gets worse, and then leads to thoughts of suicide, and then finally, the act.

I think that those being bullied only should simply get off the computer, and those being bullied via television have the option to change the channel.

But I think Nancy Grace is a witch, anyway. Put it this way - if you had an accident which resulted in the death of your child, and I mocked you for it, how would that make you feel? I imagine you'd want to strangle me.

I believe Nancy Grace is a smelly twat face and a fat fuck

Forum List

Back