~Suicide~

You can hold yourself back from the sufferings of the world, that is something you are free to do and it accords with your nature, but perhaps this very holding back is the one suffering you could avoid.
Franz Kafka

I understand why people commit suicide. It's an unforgiving world, there isn't a lot of hope out there and social alienation is at an all-time high. If you're going to cash in all of your chips, nobody should wag a finger at you for doing so. It's your life and you're not obliged to carry on if you don't want to.

I thought about it when I was going through post part em depression. Instead I put my car in a porch.

My sister in law/friend's mom killed herself when we were freshmen. My best friend from childhood has also tried a few times. My kids dad tried to two weeks ago with meth.
When I was a sophomore, our student body president shot herself in the head, and I have known a few other people.

having been on the scene of many, i only offer this

if in fact, you're going to do yourself

don't be a selfish a*shole about it, and leave an ugly last image burnt into your family's soul that have found the mess you've made of yourself

What if you have no family? And what if you do, but your family understands why? (neverending pain, for example. Helplessness nobody can do a damn thing about. Slow death vs a fast one?)

Judge not lest ye be judged.

never-give-up-frog.jpg

Ex and I had a bust up laugh today when he was installing my desk drawer for my keyboard. Here we are, all hunkered under the desk, my right shoulder useless my right wrist throbbing so I'm balancing on my left hip which is screaming but my left arm is pain free so I'm holding up the drawer thingy while he is using the electric drill for the screws to get it in position where I want the drawer to be...then he crawls out first....pretty spry....and I'm still stuck. So he has to help me skootch out and I'm OW OW OWing then wind up on my knees, which is fine but my toes are fucked up with RA too so I have to position myself just so, and he starts to laugh and said for me to stay in that position cuz my head is right even with his.....well....I start laughing and say it isn't funny and no way, in his dreams, then he finally finds a place to put his hand to get me all the way up and by then both of us are in tears and I said as I finally flopped on the recliner "kill me when I'm 65 cuz by then I will be bedridden" and he says "I'll just hand ya the 38 I just bought ya. Warn me so I can be fishing when you do it. Oh, and don't forget to lay down plastic before you pull the trigger" which made us laugh some more.

Funny thing is..he thought I was joking. I will not make him obligated to take care of a RA riddled woman that can't wipe her own ass. Period.
I'm only 59. I can imagine what it's going to be like when I'm 65. Ain't gonna happen. Nope.

Ex and I had a bust up laugh today when he was installing my desk drawer for my keyboard. Here we are, all hunkered under the desk, my right shoulder useless my right wrist throbbing so I'm balancing on my left hip which is screaming but my left arm is pain free so I'm holding up the drawer thingy while he is using the electric drill for the screws to get it in position where I want the drawer to be...then he crawls out first....pretty spry....and I'm still stuck. So he has to help me skootch out and I'm OW OW OWing then wind up on my knees, which is fine but my toes are fucked up with RA too so I have to position myself just so, and he starts to laugh and said for me to stay in that position cuz my head is right even with his.....well....I start laughing and say it isn't funny and no way, in his dreams, then he finally finds a place to put his hand to get me all the way up and by then both of us are in tears and I said as I finally flopped on the recliner "kill me when I'm 65 cuz by then I will be bedridden" and he says "I'll just hand ya the 38 I just bought ya. Warn me so I can be fishing when you do it. Oh, and don't forget to lay down plastic before you pull the trigger" which made us laugh some more.

Funny thing is..he thought I was joking. I will not make him obligated to take care of a RA riddled woman that can't wipe her own ass. Period.
I'm only 59. I can imagine what it's going to be like when I'm 65. Ain't gonna happen. Nope.

Sure it will. Shut the fuck up and learn to appreciate the good more. You are obviously worth it to others. If they can see you in pain and smile...learn from that.

I'll stick around for the fur kids and the ex and only for that reason. But if I can't be independent and take care of them as they take care of me...............well, sometimes ............

I'll stfu though. Im off to bed.

• Thanks
Reactions: Cal

Forum List

Back