Suicide Net - Brilliant

The tax dollars in your city do not belong to you.

They belong to all the people in your area.

You people seem to know nothing about depression.

I know your knee jerk reaction is to spew hate on anyone who you see as weak but this girl I just linked a picture of was worth more than any fucking money you are weeping over and calling YOURS you selfish piece of trash.

I know your knee jerk reaction is to spew hate on anyone who you see as weak but this girl I just linked a picture of was worth more than any fucking money you are weeping over and calling YOURS you selfish piece of trash.

And are you naive enough to believe that that same little girl would have walked to the bridge, saw the net and say "Wow, I feel so much better now. Life is good."

You would agree with anything that spends tax dollars regardless of what the projected outcome were.

what the fuck is your point? that depressed people have jumped off the bridge and died?

so you think that girl wouldn't have killed herself in another way? it was the bridge that made her do it? i don't follow your logic.

you think less depressed people in SF will kill themselves if there is a giant net under the bridge?

Do you live in SF? if you dont then its not YOUR money you seem to be so free with.

The people in the area WANT a barrier between the lanes of traffic, not some feel good net.

I don't give a crap about this girl. She wanted to kill herself and she did. Free country ya know.

She is not the only jumper nor will she be the last. The thing you aren't getting, jumping only involves THEM.

The net would make anyone thinking of using the bridge for a suicide attempt know they would not die if they jump.

It would end the usage of this bridge as an easy way to commit suicide.

This bridge is known world wide as a suicide method, that would end.

What you people refuse to accept here is not everyone who thinks of suicide ends up going through with it.

The easier you make it to find a seemingly easy wasy to commit suicide the more suicides you will have.

Depression is a treatable condition and just one more day can make all the differance in saving a person from this desperate act.

I know you dont care about other human beings and to you tax dollars are far more important but most people have actual human reactions to the death of a young girl.

You on the other hand dont and that is medical condition also and is treatabe.

I suggest you find some mental health care and get treated before you harm someone because of your sociopathic condition.

The net would make anyone thinking of using the bridge for a suicide attempt know they would not die if they jump.

What you people refuse to accept here is not everyone who thinks of suicide ends up going through with it.

The easier you make it to find a seemingly easy wasy to commit suicide the more suicides you will have.

Depression is a treatable condition and just one more day can make all the differance in saving a person from this desperate act.

I know you dont care about other human beings and to you tax dollars are far more important but most people have actual human reactions to the death of a young girl.

I suggest you find some mental health care and get treated before you harm someone because of your sociopathic condition.

They are going to put a net close enough so if you do jump you wont get hurt. So you jump off the bridge, then you jump off the net. Putting up a net will not make it any LESS of an attraction for suicide. Jumping off the bridge only involves them.

Jumping INTO traffic where there is NO BARRIER does not only involve the jumper but all of the cars involved in a chain reaction.

The ones who dont go through with it don't jump...or didn't you read the link i gave?

A net is a waste of money. A net may cause more deaths then it will save.

Just remember when you visit the bridge TM that there is no net there to save you.

Maybe a series of nets to be sure................

We wouldnt want to scimp on precautions..............

But you dont care about people remember?

You dont care if they die.

They will not jump into the net without getting hurt enough to slow them down long enough for the people arround them to react.

Its a metal net , jump 20 feet into a metal net and see how quicky you jump up and run acrossed the metal net to jump yet again.

Maybe you should read the stories of the people who jumped and survived, they are very rare and all said the second they were in the air regretted what they had done.

The whole reason people pick this method is no one else is involved in the death.

Why do you pretend to care when you have already stated you dont care about this 14 year old girl who felt depressed just long enough to kill herself?

Remember you wanted her to JUMP JUMP JUMP JUMP JUMP!

This is only about tax dollars according to you.

Only a fraction of a penny of it is YOURS.

unwad your panties and get yourself to a psych ward and get treated for your complete lack of concern for your fellow man.

Perhaps truthmatters can be the catcher in the rye of the golden gate bridge .......

A guardian of the jumpers with a bleeding heart.......its touching

the hearts of cons are made of rock.

I really hope you never experience depression and meet up with someone just like yourselfs.

that's an absurd argument.

a guy goes to hooters and gets loaded, piss drunk. he gets in his car and tries to drive home. he never makes it, on the way he gets in to an accident and kills himself and an 18 year old girl who happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. according to san francisco logic, we should close down all the hooters, and that ought to eliminate the problem of drunk drivers.

you basically summed up the disease of liberalism. "most people (compassionate liberals) have an actual human reaction to the death of the young girl" and consequently, want to do something to make her situation whole. forget about the costs and the ineffectiveness of the idea the very fact we're doing SOMETHING about it makes us superior to you coldhearted conservatives.

and don't talk to me about depression. i actually have to live with it.

That's right TM i don't care if they jump. I don't care how may of them jump. I don't care if they live or die.

I DO care if they involve other people in their deaths.

If they are going to spend 45 million on the bridge do something that serves the masses. A movable barrier would be money worth spent not some butterfly net for the nutcases.

Dont you just love the "compassion" adolescent lefties can show with someone elses financial support..............

Its so christ like......................lol

But you dont care about people remember?

You dont care if they die.

They will not jump into the net without getting hurt enough to slow them down long enough for the people arround them to react.

Its a metal net , jump 20 feet into a metal net and see how quicky you jump up and run acrossed the metal net to jump yet again.

Maybe you should read the stories of the people who jumped and survived, they are very rare and all said the second they were in the air regretted what they had done.

The whole reason people pick this method is no one else is involved in the death.

Why do you pretend to care when you have already stated you dont care about this 14 year old girl who felt depressed just long enough to kill herself?

Remember you wanted her to JUMP JUMP JUMP JUMP JUMP!

This is only about tax dollars according to you.

Only a fraction of a penny of it is YOURS.

unwad your panties and get yourself to a psych ward and get treated for your complete lack of concern for your fellow man.

anybody who would jump in to this net expecting to die is an idiot. they would be someone who is looking for attention, or someone who lost a bet.

YOU CAN'T STOP PEOPLE FROM KILLING THEMSELVES!!!!

According to this it merely slows you down.
How Does a Bridge Suicide Net Work? | World of Psychology
So if someone is set on killing themselves and know they first have to jump and then climb up (much like climbing the rail and stepping to the edge) there is no stopping the jumper so this is a bridge errr net to no where.

Exactly. It is a feel good done something butterfly nutcase net. The will jump onto the net, then jump off the net.

I can see it now. "Suicide jumper sues City for broken bones suffered when landing on butterfly nutcase net. Jumper claims that if the net were not there they would not be experience pain and suffering now. Jumper asking for 100 million in damages.

Well Hell.

If someone want to jump of the GGB let em.

I sure wouldn't spend 45 million to stop em. Jeeze.
I agree.

The only reason people jump off these bridges is there is not a more refined, painless method available which is more convenient for everyone concerned, including those who have to clean up the mess or deal with a drowned or rotted corpse.

I have always supported Dr. Kevorkian and all members of the medical profession who place themselves at risk by secretly aiding suicides by those who wish to die. And I encourage the work of the Hemlock Society which is a right-to-die advocacy group. The idea that the law forbids me to end my life if I wish to is an outrageous imposition on my natural rights as a mature, independent human being.

There should be a place where someone who is tired of living can go and, after settling all his/her social and economic obligations, be hooked up to a heroin drip, allowed a few hours of peaceful physical ecstasy and then be anesthetized, terminated and cremated.

Adios.

What's wrong with that idea?

Forum List

Back