Suicide Net - Brilliant

does anyone think this is actually going to save a single life?

i mean, if you really want to kill yourself, there's plenty of ways to do it. knives, guns, pills, ropes, cars, buildings, drowning, etc etc etc.

is there anyone out there saying, i really want to kill myself, but i'm only gonna do it if i can jump off the golden gate bridge? if that person does exist, they should die.

$45 million? san francisco is doing so well financially they can afford this shit?

excellent documentary on this....

the-bridge-a-year-in-golden-gate-bridge-suicides

documents 24 jumpers over a period of a year.

i dont think spending this amount of money on the netting will make a difference...every region has a place that attracts the jumpers...

oddly enough and with no scienitic evidence..this is usmb...its never needed

people seem to like one method and stick to it....ya got your jumpers...you got your hangers....you got your gun people...your pill people...and the car people...(heirs still get the insurance) but you rarely hear of people mixing methods....which you would think if you live thru one...you would experiment and try another...but no....just kinda stuck in the rutt

Well Hell.

If someone want to jump of the GGB let em.

I sure wouldn't spend 45 million to stop em. Jeeze.

45 million to maybe save 24 lives a year?

It could be better spent on youth counseling and such in schools to prevent suicides. Child suicides.

I believe it is any adult persons right to end their life if they choose to do so.
or is your time of death only chosen by government or god?

• Thanks
Reactions: blu

It could be better spent on youth counseling and such in schools to prevent suicides. Child suicides.

I believe it is any adult persons right to end their life if they choose to do so.

that's even assuming those 24 people won't find another way to kill themselves.

Wouldn't it be a lot cheaper just to stop people from walking on the bridge?

DUH!

Most jump toward the city....very few jump toward the ocean....they could close the sidewalks and then no one could jump and they could give me 45 mill to enforce the closure....

yeah why I put the maybe in there.

Jumpers off of the golden gate are generally pretty determined to kill themselves and not just going for attention.
They will likely find another way to kill themselves which would likely be more traumatic on those around them.

yeah why I put the maybe in there.

Jumpers off of the golden gate are generally pretty determined to kill themselves and not just going for attention.
They will likely find another way to kill themselves which would likely be more traumatic on those around them.

Yes, but minimize the potential law suits against SF and or Ca by the family memebrs of the jumpers.

Does anyone else find it ironic that some of the people in this thread who are basically saying "if they want to kill themselves, I don't fucking care", would be just as likely to tell someone with Lou Gehrig's disease that in no way shape or form could they have assistance in taking their own life?

how can anyone defend this? who thought this was/is a good idea? how simple-minded could you be?

Maybe it's better not spent at all

how can anyone defend this? who thought this was/is a good idea? how simple-minded could you be?

I am not defending it or supporting it. I dont even know what both sides of the debate are really arguing.

But if ANYONE thinks that it was proposed becuase people are expressing their concern of human life and safety, they are out of touch with reality.

It was proposed becuase of the cost the city and the state must incur to defend against those rediculous "my distraught son is a victim of your unsafe bridges that allowed him to take his own life" lawsuits.

Welcome to the age of the victim.

Forum List

Back