Suicide Forest in Japan

Economic hardships, Social pressures, Lost a job, Depression, etc.

It's mostly guys, too.

One method of suicide, jumping infront of a train, has prompted for the rail operators to fine the families of the suicide victims because of disrupted traffic which causes more problems.

Suicide in Japan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I guess that kills the myth guns cause suicides.

As usual, I'm not sure if anyone cares about a rational discussion, but just for the hell of it:

I love Japan, its culture and its social traditions, but strangely its business traditions simply could not be more different. In urban/business areas such as Tokyo, pressures to both conform and perform within the larger corporations are like nothing seen in America. The closest analogy I can draw would be a Goldman Sachs environment at virtually every company.

Plus, on top of that, as much as Americans (especially American males) tend to conflate their profession with their value as a person, it's much more intense in corporate Japan. So, under great pressure to perform on a daily basis, a significant failure or under-performance at work translates directly to being a failure as a freaking human.

Take away a person's individuality through forced conformity, add intense pressure to perform, and then add a societal shame of failure, and you have one fucked up environment that leads to more suicides. That would be Dr Mac's diagnosis, anyway.

It must have something to do with your intense fear of Obama, your intense fear that the government is coming to take your guns or that you have small dick, otherwise you wouldn't be posting about it.

Reb is in a panic because he found out the Japanese banned guns, and they have a murder rate that is so low it barely registers.

So he suddenly likes talking about suicide in Japan, because it's an area where they are ahead of us.

As usual, I'm not sure if anyone cares about a rational discussion, but just for the hell of it:

I love Japan, its culture and its social traditions, but strangely its business traditions simply could not be more different. In urban/business areas such as Tokyo, pressures to both conform and perform within the larger corporations are like nothing seen in America. The closest analogy I can draw would be a Goldman Sachs environment at virtually every company.

Plus, on top of that, as much as Americans (especially American males) tend to conflate their profession with their value as a person, it's much more intense in corporate Japan. So, under great pressure to perform on a daily basis, a significant failure or under-performance at work translates directly to being a failure as a freaking human.

Take away a person's individuality through forced conformity, add intense pressure to perform, and then add a societal shame of failure, and you have one fucked up environment that leads to more suicides. That would be Dr Mac's diagnosis, anyway.

I hold nothing against Japan. However, it's when gun control advocates use Japan as an example for more gun control they tend to forget about the High suicide rate in Japan.
ok but they have very restrictive gun laws

It must have something to do with your intense fear of Obama, your intense fear that the government is coming to take your guns or that you have small dick, otherwise you wouldn't be posting about it.

Reb is in a panic because he found out the Japanese banned guns, and they have a murder rate that is so low it barely registers.

So he suddenly likes talking about suicide in Japan, because it's an area where they are ahead of us.

And right here is one of those who gladly uses Japan as an example and has said without gun's there would be fewer suicides in America.

It's mostly guys, too.

One method of suicide, jumping infront of a train, has prompted for the rail operators to fine the families of the suicide victims because of disrupted traffic which causes more problems.

No, it just makes them a lot easier to do.

Hey weren't you nutbags arguing that socialized medicine countries had a higher life expectency because America's accident and suicide rates were higher? Now you are arguing that at least one country has a higher suicide rate.

The way some people's brains are wired impedes discussion of complex matters.

There are probably no two factors more unrelated to one another than suicide in Japan and gun violence in America.

Yet here they are, being connected by a faulty brain.

It's mostly guys, too.

Hey weren't you nutbags arguing that socialized medicine countries had a higher life expectency because America's accident and suicide rates were higher? Now you are arguing that at least one country has a higher suicide rate.

Really? not many guns in Japan high suicide rate
Lot of guns in America no where near Japans numbers.
Guns do not cause suicides.

who_1_1.jpg

The way some people's brains are wired impedes discussion of complex matters.

There are probably no two factors more unrelated to one another than suicide in Japan and gun violence in America.

Yet here they are, being connected by a faulty brain.

Joe can't help it he's wired that way.:badgrin:

surely bleeding heart liberals have a plan for all American taxpayers to help alleviate this atrocity

Really? not many guns in Japan high suicide rate
Lot of guns in America no where near Japans numbers.
Guns do not cause suicides.

who_1_1.jpg

I notice that this graph arbitrarily puts the cutoff number in a place where the US looks "moderate" on this problem.

No, guns don't cause suicides, but they make them a lot easier to do. Also, I've seen graphs that put a lot of these countries below the US, not above it.

Forum List

Back