Suicide Bombers just......

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by archangel, Apr 20, 2006.

1. archangel

archangel Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    need love,food,clothing and a job....give me a break...I am so tired of the liberal mantra that all they need is love...then they would not committ suicide!
    It is really disheartening when you get attacked by the opposition saying that you mis-interpreted what they said...and f' you when you you give them facts and ask for an explaination of their point of view...Sorry but if they would take the time to review history ie: the 'Ottoman Empire' they would realize that it has nothing to do with jobs or food or love...This is a 'Holy War' that did not end with the 1921 Ottoman Empire collapse...They just went underground and we are seeing the results of their comeback...loud and clear!

If anyone can convince me of a different and logical conclusion without using profanity and nonsensicle diatribe be my guest!

2. Said1

Said1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +937
    Isn't this cute. I'm not sure where you're confused. But I'll say it again, money is a great motivator, causing people to do atrocious things. I can't be ANY clearer than that.

Fact: no one said love them
    Fact: no one said give them free food
    Fact: no one said give them a job
    Fact: no one said it wasn't a holy war

I also said successful liberal democracys have certain characteristics, which don't include free stuff but do include and are not limited too FREE CAPITALISTIC MARKETS. By free markets, I don't mean that they're giving away free stuff at the local store, I mean economic markets. You might have that mixed up with some other stuff, but liberal democracy doesn't equate liberalism as we know it today. Nations who do not hold liberal democratic principles, without freer capitalistic markets tend to be theocratic and/or authoritarian in nature with a POOR supressed populace. Get it? Should I keep explaining or is that enough?

Sorry, if you would take the time to READ and COMPREHEND what is written and the context with which it is written, you wouldn't have such 'issues' following along.

3. archangel

archangel Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    :dunno: Comprehension?

But it is more comprhensive than the original...

4. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    To stick my nose in, a lot of these religious extremists in the Middle East ARE dsaffected youth. There are no jobs, there is no industry. There is filthy rich and dirt poor.

Dirt poor are easily brainwashed by someone promising something better. Hitler and the German people is a prime example. Bin Laden is another. He plays to extremist religious beliefs and taught-from-birth hatreds.

So, in effect, a healthy society WOULD difuse a lot of the Ilamic extremism -- Abdul would be too busy trying to get ahead to blow himself up.

Understanding the factors in play does not necessarily equate to "making excuses." You KNOW I'll be about the last to make excuses for them. At the same time I can easily see where Islamic extremists have a wealth of people to choose from.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. archangel

archangel Guest

Ratings:
    +0

Excactly...and they do feed, cloth, give them parties and money along time before the actual event...and the objective is to make Islam the one world religion...thats all I was getting too!

6. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    I believe at a lower level, the objective IS the complete domination Islam. I believe at the higher level you have professionals in the arts of hate and violence using religion as a veil, and playing to the desires of the disaffected.

If there is no war, these prominent jihadists are WHAT? Nothing. They have to get a job. Too much money and power where they're at for that.

7. Said1

Said1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +937

8. archangel

archangel Guest

Ratings:
    +0

9. Said1

Said1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +937

10. Hobbit

Hobbit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +421
    As we learned from South Park, three factors contribute to terrorism.

First off, what's something Muslims can't do? That's right, have sex.
    Now, what's something else Muslims can't do? Right again, jack off.
    Now, where do Muslims live? Anybody? Correct, in sand.
    So Friday night comes along and they can't have sex, they can't jack off, and all their orifices are full of sand, so they get all pissed off and blow stuff up.

In all seriousness, though, who do you think is more likely to be a suicide bomber, a successful businessman with wife and children making a decent living in a lush and fertile country or a 20-something desert rat who thinks women are shaped like a hunk of coth and only makes enough to feed himself on goat and camel?