Suicide Bomber kills 22 in Iraq

Silence

wanna lick?
Aug 26, 2008
FL
Suicide bomber kills 22 in attack on party

A suicide bomber blew herself up Monday among police officers who were celebrating the release of a comrade from U.S. custody, killing at least 22 people, Iraqi officials said. Separate bombings in Iraq killed 13 other people.

I guess the surge really worked eh? :eusa_eh:

So I guess if a person commits murder in your town, the government and the police did not work? I someone goes crazy and does something evil and stupid in Galveston while the national guard is there, does that mean the national guard has failed?

No, silence... the surge is not going to eliminate every last individual out for whatever warped evil thing that they want to act out for whatever reason... one instance does not take away from what the surge has done, and what my military brothers and sisters have done in the effort

More US citizens die in traffic accidents each year then soldiers die in Iraq so maybe we chould send everyone to war to keep them safe! Silence you are just another person screaming for a reason to way we are not winning in Iraq. Possibly a victim of the media. I do not fault you for your ignorance simply would request you look at all the facts before you post something as ignorant as this.

i find it odd that a cultural that claims to be so peaceful....muslims...would allow drugged women and handicapped people to become bombers. can one can stop random acts of violence.

as a country we opted to take the fight to them...now we are there and must complete what we have started.

as i have said..if 100 muslims die to save one serviceman or woman...i am all for it.
the beheadings disgusted me..and made me realize that we have to do what we have to do.

we have to stop them and on their land not ours.

I can't help but note that all the people killed were Moslems.

Way to kill an infidel for Allah, there, terrorist.

As long as we have been told the truth and we don't see a sudden rise in the violence level. Maybe that was the point.

Silence Wrote:
I guess the surge really worked eh?

Even Obama states that the surge has been a remarkable success. Careful here, Silence, it looks a bit like you're gloating over the senseless deaths of 22 innocent people just because it advances your political beliefs.

What a stupid defense of death in war.

Thats not a defense it is sarcasm. How can we be expected to stop random violence in Iraq when we can't stop random violence in prisons which are supposed to be the most controlled enviroments?

Chicago is far deadlier than Iraq.

If only there were someone who could organize the community there. Why, if they did a really good job there they could go on to be president some day.

If only we had Hope.

BTW - If Clinton brought us peace in the 90's and we got 9/11 out of it it seems peace is deadlier than war judging by your math.

Suicide bomber kills 22 in attack on party

A suicide bomber blew herself up Monday among police officers who were celebrating the release of a comrade from U.S. custody, killing at least 22 people, Iraqi officials said. Separate bombings in Iraq killed 13 other people.

No "surge" is going to stop terrorism anymore than the police in this country prevent crime. All it can do is minimize. That's all it was designed to do.

You sound like a coward to me.

Revelling in the deaths of innocent civilians is pure cowardice and the sign of one very ffed up individual.

i prefer the deaths of my enemies over the deaths of our servicemen...

so again piss off wanker. do you pefer your fellow countrymen die over the iraqis....

More US citizens die in traffic accidents each year then soldiers die in Iraq so maybe we chould send everyone to war to keep them safe! Silence you are just another person screaming for a reason to way we are not winning in Iraq. Possibly a victim of the media. I do not fault you for your ignorance simply would request you look at all the facts before you post something as ignorant as this.

so it's ignorant to look at the statistics and see that the violence has NOT been reduced in Iraq? I see how that works...thanks for the 411 :cuckoo:

if the purpose of the surge and the purpose for the continued occupation of Iraq is to bring peace and stability to the region then they are failing miserably IMO.

as for the comparison of what if someone committs a murder in my town do I fault the government or police? well if the government or police took what was before a pretty stable neighborhood (even if I didn't agree with how it was run), rolled their forces in, took out the mayor of that neighborhood and allowed unfriendly and dangerous insurgents from other neighborhoods to set up shop there and people were dying in mass suicide bombings? then yeah, I'd say I'd blame them...damn right.

personally I'm disgusted that ANYONE would think that the life of ONE American serviceman/woman is worth the lives of 100 muslims.

and not all muslims are the enemy strolling, think that's true is feeding into the propoganda that the muslims on those planes are just regular muslims. There were extremists. There are extremists in every religion that would just as soon kill you as allow you to believe different than they do.

were there suicide bombers killing innocents prior to our occupation? yes, were they an every day occurence? not to my knowledge.

the beheadings are wrong no doubt about that....but in their CULTURE that is how the deal with what they deem criminal behavior. In Saudi do they not chop off the hand of someone who steals? also they behead people in public too. why do we look the other way for them and not for Iraq?

Last edited:
Saddam murders MILLIONS

Silence calls that a "pretty stable neighborhood".

Maybe we should "stabilize" New York, Chicago, Detroit, Los Angeles, Miami and San Fran...but then who vote democrat?

What a disgusting comment. :cuckoo:

Is that what you claim America did ?

that obviously wasn't the intent going in but that's what happened. Al Qaeda didn't have a foot into Iraq prior to the war. Saddam, for as much of a detestable human being as he was, was NOT in cahoots with them and was in no way, shape or form responsible for even one death on 9/11.

and saying he murdered millions? yes okay...but what about Darfur? Kosovo, Bosnia, Rwanda? Democratic Republic of the Congo? c'mon people if you're outraged about Iraq don't you have to be outraged about them too?

Mass crimes against humanity and genocide since World War II

Last edited:

Forum List

Back