Suicide Bomb Teams Sent to U.S.

I read the entire article carefully twice. I could not find where OBL said, “Clinton proved America was a paper tiger”. I could not even find where it implied such. Please point it out to me. Perhaps you would copy and paste the particular paragraph for me. It should not take much time for you to do that.

Near the bottom

Miller: Describe the situation when your men took on the Americans in Somalia. Were you there?

Bin Ladin: After God honored us with victory in Afghanistan, and justice prevailed against those who slaughtered millions of Muslims in the Muslim republics, Muslim minds no longer believed in the myth of superpowers. The youth no longer saw America as a superpower.

After leaving Afghanistan they headed for Somalia and prepared for a long battle, thinking that the Americans were like the Russians. They were surprised when the Americans entered with 300,000 troops, and collected other troops from around the world-5,000 from Pakistan, 5,000 from India, 5,000 from Bangladesh, 5,000 from Egypt, Senegal, and others like Saudi Arabia. The youth were surprised at the low morale of the American soldiers and realized more than before that the America soldiers are paper tigers. After a few blows, the Americans ran away in defeat.

After a few blows, they forgot about being the world leader and the leader of the new world order. They left, dragging their corpses and their shameful defeat, and stopped using such titles. They learned in America that this name [i.e., God] is larger than them.

When this great defeat took place I was in Sudan, and it pleased me very much, just as it pleases all Muslims. God willing, the next victory will be in Hijaz and Najd, [provinces of] Saudi Arabia, and it will cause Americans to forget the horrors of Vietnam and Beirut.

When Bill ran away from Somalia, OBL admitted that is when he saw Amercia as a paper tiger

That is part of Bills legacy

"The youth were surprised at the low morale of the American soldiers and realized more than before that the America soldiers are paper tigers. After a few blows, the Americans ran away in defeat."

Nothing about Clinton... seems like they believed it before as well.

Nice bullshit spin from RSR to claim something was said when it wasn't.

And what, exactly would you have had us actually DO in Somalia? We were there to ensure the delivery of UN aid.... Bush senior got us into that mess.... what exactly was the mission that you think we ran away from?

"The youth were surprised at the low morale of the American soldiers and realized more than before that the America soldiers are paper tigers. After a few blows, the Americans ran away in defeat."

Nothing about Clinton... seems like they believed it before as well.

Nice bullshit spin from RSR to claim something was said when it wasn't.

And what, exactly would you have had us actually DO in Somalia? We were there to ensure the delivery of UN aid.... Bush senior got us into that mess.... what exactly was the mission that you think we ran away from?

Keep carrying the water for Bill MM - you do for your entire party

as long as you keep lying about democrats, I will continue to call you on your lies.

when will you ever stop making attacking democrats the sole focus of your quote contribution unquote on here and start talking about issues?

as long as you keep lying about democrats, I will continue to call you on your lies.

when will you ever stop making attacking democrats the sole focus of your quote contribution unquote on here and start talking about issues?

Lies to you is telling the truth about what REALLY happened and calling libs on their attempts to rewrite history

no. lies are lies. period. now...

I'll be back after dinner and a movie and see if you can answer that.

no. lies are lies. period. now...

I'll be back after dinner and a movie and see if you can answer that.

Enjoy your crow for dinner - you have ate alot of it today

Near the bottom

Miller: Describe the situation when your men took on the Americans in Somalia. Were you there?

Bin Ladin: After God honored us with victory in Afghanistan, and justice prevailed against those who slaughtered millions of Muslims in the Muslim republics, Muslim minds no longer believed in the myth of superpowers. The youth no longer saw America as a superpower.

After leaving Afghanistan they headed for Somalia and prepared for a long battle, thinking that the Americans were like the Russians. They were surprised when the Americans entered with 300,000 troops, and collected other troops from around the world-5,000 from Pakistan, 5,000 from India, 5,000 from Bangladesh, 5,000 from Egypt, Senegal, and others like Saudi Arabia. The youth were surprised at the low morale of the American soldiers and realized more than before that the America soldiers are paper tigers. After a few blows, the Americans ran away in defeat.

After a few blows, they forgot about being the world leader and the leader of the new world order. They left, dragging their corpses and their shameful defeat, and stopped using such titles. They learned in America that this name [i.e., God] is larger than them.

When this great defeat took place I was in Sudan, and it pleased me very much, just as it pleases all Muslims. God willing, the next victory will be in Hijaz and Najd, [provinces of] Saudi Arabia, and it will cause Americans to forget the horrors of Vietnam and Beirut.

When Bill ran away from Somalia, OBL admitted that is when he saw Amercia as a paper tiger

That is part of Bills legacy

Hmmmm. It is a stretch. OBL did not say, “Clinton proved America was a paper tiger” but it would be reasonable to infer that OBL believes that Clinton proved that America was a paper tiger. It merely happened to be that Clinton was president during the pull out from Somalia. Still, RSR, I think that it is quite a stretch to even infer that from the web site you presented.

Hmmmm. It is a stretch. OBL did not say, “Clinton proved America was a paper tiger” but it would be reasonable to infer that OBL believes that Clinton proved that America was a paper tiger. It merely happened to be that Clinton was president during the pull out from Somalia. Still, RSR, I think that it is quite a stretch to even infer that from the web site you presented.

It was well known after 9-11, OBL saw Amercia as weak and as paper tigers when Bill ran away from Somalia

I believe this is what RSR was referring to:

http://www.meforum.org/article/435

Usama bin Ladin: "American Soldiers Are Paper Tigers"

Middle East Quarterly
December 1998

In perhaps his most explicit and detailed statement about the United States, Usama bin Ladin spoke on May 28, 1998, in Arabic, to John Miller of ABC News in his hideaway deep in the mountains of southern Afghanistan.1 A Saudi who became active against the Soviet Union in Afghanistan, bin Ladin uses his great wealth to advance Islamist causes, primarily through his organization Al-Qa'ida. Although his expressions are stilted and the references sometimes obscure, bin Ladin makes many candid and startling observations in the following interview about the United States that go far to explain his many terrorist assaults on Americans. The interview is reprinted (with minor stylistic alterations) by permission of ABC News.

NEXT TARGETS

After leaving Afghanistan they headed for Somalia and prepared for a long battle, thinking that the Americans were like the Russians. They were surprised when the Americans entered with 300,000 troops, and collected other troops from around the world-5,000 from Pakistan, 5,000 from India, 5,000 from Bangladesh, 5,000 from Egypt, Senegal, and others like Saudi Arabia. The youth were surprised at the low morale of the American soldiers and realized more than before that the America soldiers are paper tigers.
After a few blows, the Americans ran away in defeat.

When this great defeat took place I was in Sudan, and it pleased me very much, just as it pleases all Muslims. God willing, the next victory will be in Hijaz and Najd, [provinces of] Saudi Arabia, and it will cause Americans to forget the horrors of Vietnam and Beirut....

and the "more than BEFORE" just escapes your notice?

Again...what in the hell would you republicans have wanted Clinton to actually stay and DO in Somalia? Perhaps we could have crammed multi-cultural jeffersonian democracy down their throats at the point of gun with the same marvelous success we've had in Iraq???

And NONE of you all will EVER accept the fact that your demi-god Reagan running away from the Beirut bombings that killed HUNDREDS of Marines REALLY convinced OBL and all the rest of the Islamic extremists that we ran away from a fight. TO pin this on Clinton for getting us out of a mess that we ought not to have been in the first place and that Bush senior got us INTO is pathetic!

YOu should be ashamed...but we all know that republicans have no shame when it comes to vilifying the CLintons.

and the "more than BEFORE" just escapes your notice?

Again...what in the hell would you republicans have wanted Clinton to actually stay and DO in Somalia? Perhaps we could have crammed multi-cultural jeffersonian democracy down their throats at the point of gun with the same marvelous success we've had in Iraq???

And NONE of you all will EVER accept the fact that your demi-god Reagan running away from the Beirut bombings that killed HUNDREDS of Marines REALLY convinced OBL and all the rest of the Islamic extremists that we ran away from a fight. TO pin this on Clinton for getting us out of a mess that we ought not to have been in the first place and that Bush senior got us INTO is pathetic!

YOu should be ashamed...but we all know that republicans have no shame when it comes to vilifying the CLintons.

Hey, if that was aimed at me, I literally just quoted the interview that RSR was alluding to, mistakenly believing it was from after 9/11, when in fact is was from 1998.

Enjoy your crow for dinner - you have ate alot of it today

crow? that is TOO funny! You have run away from me all day long. I posted a thread about differentiating polls on congressional caucuses and made a point of asking republicans to please just respond to the numbers I posted and not spam the thread with other polls that were not differential in nature....you posted SEVENTEEN POSTS on that thread and never ONCE addressed the topic of the thread itself. I laughed so hard my sides ached!

You remind me of the ant fucking the elephant (unbeknownst to the elephant, of course) when a coconut fell, hit the elephant of the head..the elephant moaned and the ant said, "suffer baby, suffer".

You have never bested anyone in any debate on this site ever since the very day I came here.

You are an embarrassment to many republicans and they have been kind enough to say so in PMs.

You are the quintessential tarbaby...but you ARE good for a laugh on most occasions. Thanks for that.

RSR said:

"OBL said Clinton proved Amercia[sic] was a paper tiger"

and then he posted that article...and if you cannot see that the quote does NOT suggest that OBL said that Clinton PROVED anything, then you need to get your glasses checked, or explain why you would ever be at all supportive of such flatulent - all heat, no light - BULLSHIT like the kind that RSR routinely spews.

RSR said:

"OBL said Clinton proved Amercia[sic] was a paper tiger"

and then he posted that article...and if you cannot see that the quote does NOT suggest that OBL said that Clinton PROVED anything, then you need to get your glasses checked, or explain why you would ever be at all supportive of such flatulent - all heat, no light - BULLSHIT like the kind that RSR routinely spews.

I quoted it exactly, as is my wont and it does what you are saying, where did I say not?

NEXT TARGETS

When this great defeat took place I was in Sudan, and it pleased me very much, just as it pleases all Muslims. God willing, the next victory will be in Hijaz and Najd, [provinces of] Saudi Arabia, and it will cause Americans to forget the horrors of Vietnam and Beirut....

I say again... the phrase "more than before" seems to fly under your radar. I would suggest that Ronnie Reagan PROVED to OBL and all the other Islamic crazies that America was a paper tiger LONG before Clinton came along.

Running away from Beirut in the dead of night when we were THERE to keep the peace versus leaving Somalia after it became clear that our mission to deliver UN supplies was over.

Yeah... it was Clinton that proved we were pussies....right!

tell yourself whatever you need to so that you can still justify lighting devotional candles at your Ronnie shrine.

I say again... the phrase "more than before" seems to fly under your radar. I would suggest that Ronnie Reagan PROVED to OBL and all the other Islamic crazies that America was a paper tiger LONG before Clinton came along.

Running away from Beirut in the dead of night when we were THERE to keep the peace versus leaving Somalia after it became clear that our mission to deliver UN supplies was over.

Yeah... it was Clinton that proved we were pussies....right!

tell yourself whatever you need to so that you can still justify lighting devotional candles at your Ronnie shrine.

I really don't know your problem this evening, but I cannot control that OBL did not mention Ronald Reagan, IF he had, it would have been included.

funny...he didn't mention "Clinton" either...and he certainly never said that Clinton PROVED anything.

funny...he didn't mention "Clinton" either...and he certainly never said that Clinton PROVED anything.

AND that is what I was trying to say, directly and indirectly. RSR's attempt to tie that with post 9/11, was just wrong. I think you are losing patience with the wrong person here.

Forum List

Back