Suicide...a right or not?

But they still lock them up - and thats the point. They shouldnt be interfering in the first place not to mention wasting all the money trying to get the person to lie saying that they really dont want to commit suicide. What a waste.

Jamie

So someone has one low point in their life and tries to commit suicide and you dont believe society has an obligation to help lift their spirits? To help make things better for them?

But they still lock them up - and thats the point. They shouldnt be interfering in the first place not to mention wasting all the money trying to get the person to lie saying that they really dont want to commit suicide. What a waste.

Jamie

So someone has one low point in their life and tries to commit suicide and you dont believe society has an obligation to help lift their spirits? To help make things better for them?

I dont think that they need to incarcerate someone for wanting to commit suicide. BUT I also dont think a person should be able to commit suicide without going through the proper channels first.

Jamie

Jamie

I dont think that they need to incarcerate someone for wanting to commit suicide. BUT I also dont think a person should be able to commit suicide without going through the proper channels first.

Jamie

On this issue you are simply foolish. MOST suicides and attempts are not by people with terminal illnesses or disabling life threatening disabilities. They are by people that are depressed and can not , at that moment, handle even small problems. It is societies responsibility to do what it can to help these people. With in reason. Getting them forced medical attention and mental health treatment is a must.

If you have never been clinically depressed you haven't a clue what is going on in those people's heads. They need help and you would deny it to them on some fairy tale claim they have a right to kill themselves for any reason at all.

You can not just tell a depressed person to buck up. it does not work. If it does then they were not depressed to begin with.

You always hear that it is against the law to commit suicide but never in my life have I heard of a person being arrested for commiting suicide...

On this issue you are simply foolish. MOST suicides and attempts are not by people with terminal illnesses or disabling life threatening disabilities. They are by people that are depressed and can not , at that moment, handle even small problems. It is societies responsibility to do what it can to help these people. With in reason. Getting them forced medical attention and mental health treatment is a must.

If you have never been clinically depressed you haven't a clue what is going on in those people's heads. They need help and you would deny it to them on some fairy tale claim they have a right to kill themselves for any reason at all.

You can not just tell a depressed person to buck up. it does not work. If it does then they were not depressed to begin with.

Suicide is suicide to me. It doesnt matter what the person is wanting to do it for.. they should have the right to do it without having to fear the government locking them up. Now..with that said, I do believe that there should be a process set up for people who want to commit suicide. They should have to go through testing/counseling first and then be able to do it properly without a mess or things left undone before they depart. It is their right because it is their body.

Jamie

Suicide is suicide to me. It doesnt matter what the person is wanting to do it for.. they should have the right to do it without having to fear the government locking them up. Now..with that said, I do believe that there should be a process set up for people who want to commit suicide. They should have to go through testing/counseling first and then be able to do it properly without a mess or things left undone before they depart. It is their right because it is their body.

Jamie

But "if they do it" the government can't lock them up.

I'm curious, why grind this ax? Is there something you'd like to talk about?

She's an idiot. Probably pissed off because her folks sent her to treatment for cutting herself.

People aren't put in jail for trying to kill themselves. It's a lie. They may be held on a suicide watch until they are evaluated and put in a more appropriate facility or released.

Funny story, though. Once my brother was on a drunk kick and walking home. He got to the tracks, a train was coming and the arms had come down but the train wasn't there yet. A cop pulled up next to him, and in his own words, being a drunken idiot he somehow conceived the notion they were out to get him, so he bolted across the tracks seconds before the train came barrelling through. Unfortunately, he also tripped and flailed a moment before regaining his feet and getting the hell out of dodge.

As soon as the train passed, the cops light up and took off after him, found him, cuffed him, and threw him in a cell overnight under suicide watch.

It was fucking hilarious. He kept telling them, "But I wasn't trying to kill myself!" but they wouldn't listen. They kicked his dumb butt out the next morning.

The cops knew him, of course (for a few years, he was a fighter while drunk, had a pretty good working relationship with the cops, who hated to be called on him because they always got hurt) and personally I think they were just bored that night.

But his behavior calmed considerably after that. It wasn't the first time he'd been in jail for drunk, disordlerly, assault, etc...but I think it's the first time he realized what a complete retard he could be while intoxicated.

Last edited:
She's an idiot. Probably pissed off because her folks sent her to treatment for cutting herself.

People aren't put in jail for trying to kill themselves. It's a lie. They may be held on a suicide watch until they are evaluated and put in a more appropriate facility or released.

Funny story, though. Once my brother was on a drunk kick and walking home. He got to the tracks, a train was coming and the arms had come down but the train wasn't there yet. A cop pulled up next to him, and in his own words, being a drunken idiot he somehow conceived the notion they were out to get him, so he bolted across the tracks seconds before the train came barrelling through.

As soon as the train passed, the cops light up and took off after him, found him, cuffed him, and threw him in a cell overnight under suicide watch.

It was fucking hilarious. He kept telling them, "But I wasn't trying to kill myself!" but they wouldn't listen. They kicked his dumb butt out the next morning.

The cops knew him, of course (for a few years, he was a fighter while drunk, had a pretty good working relationship with the cops, who hated to be called on him because they always got hurt) and personally I think they were just bored that night.

But his behavior calmed considerably after that. It wasn't the first time he'd been in jail for drunk, disordlerly, assault, etc...but I think it's the first time he realized what a complete retard he could be while intoxicated.

lol ive never been a cutter nor have I ever attempted suicide. You make yourself look like the idiot for even suggesting something like that.

The topic was suicide.. not "the depressed and suicide". Take for example....and Ive already said this if you cared to read the whole topic...an elderly person who is ill terminally..who is going to die anyway and in a lot of pain. They should be allowed to commit suicide without fear of being put in a MENTAL HOSPITAL.....(Incarceration is not just jail....dont be so ignorant) for it.

Jamie

Yeah, the mental hospitals are full of old terminal patients who decided to kill themselves.

Fucking noob retard.

Yeah, the mental hospitals are full of old terminal patients who decided to kill themselves.

Fucking noob retard.

If insults is all you have, then you have nothing. You sound like a teenage kid playing video games calling me a noob.

You are taking me completely out of context and you know it...and you are trying to sound intelligent I think.. but its not coming through. Manipulation is a teenage game as well.

Jamie

You folks just need to apply a touch of rationality.

There can be no penalty for a suicide since the "criminal" is already dead.

But you CAN punish for an attempted suicide.

I propose the death penalty!

There are many injustices done to the people of this supposed "free" country. Suicide should be left to the individual. I dont think the government has a right to infringe on the rights of a person to terminate their own life so long as the person that is terminating their own life isnt infringing on the rights of others or making it messy or dangerous for people nearby. I dont think the government should have the authority to step in and make the person be incarcerated due to an act that they feel they would like to commit.

Jamie

you have managed to piss some ppl off, and to compel others to think.

i am amused that some think we actually have rights. those ppl call these rights "natural". that is all well and fine, but natural rights function until the run afoul of legal rights, and legal rights depend on who controls the reins of power. unfortunately, the more legal rights trump natural rights, the greater in frequency this will occur in the future, until we will have watched our "rights" disappear over some one way horizon. of course, natural rights never abate, but since most of us are taught to obey authority, the threat of non-compliance regarding legal rights holds sway, and we are hoodwinked.

yes, of course we have the right to kill ourselves if we choose. what is amusing to see the argument that suicide is selfish, and it usually runs like " killing yourself leaves your family and loved ones behind to deal" in other words, the family and loved ones are being selfish. so much for that useless argument. if a person truly loves another, the one who loves will not hold the other in any way. to do anything else is selfishness and about ego, seeing the object of their desires as two dimensional only. that h'aint love.

and then, the oldie but goody, that those who want to commit suicide are sick. that assumes a dominant reality, and so is tyranny. yes, i do wonder what is it about mental illness that makes the constitution null, void and inapplicable to the mentally ill. ahhh yes, i know why! because they pose a potential ( a very important and key word, "potential". what that means is they simply scare other ppl) threat to themselves and others. ok, i know quite a few ppl who drive cars. they too pose a potential threat to themselves or others. i know quite a few ppl who own guns-lots of guns. they too pose a potential threat to themselves and others. i have a shop full of sharp and potentially invasive tools. i pose a potential danger to myself or others! Lol!! Ohhhhh! i know! the mentally ill act differently than what is accepted by those dominant reality thinkers!

those who felt threatened by your comments had to resort to insult, because they had no tools left to try and force you into their tyranny. ignore them. they are lacking.

Last edited:
If a person wants to die, then they should be able to die, so long as their action does not put other lives in physical danger.

There are many injustices done to the people of this supposed "free" country. Suicide should be left to the individual. I dont think the government has a right to infringe on the rights of a person to terminate their own life so long as the person that is terminating their own life isnt infringing on the rights of others or making it messy or dangerous for people nearby. I dont think the government should have the authority to step in and make the person be incarcerated due to an act that they feel they would like to commit.

Jamie

i am amused that some think we actually have rights. those ppl call these rights "natural". that is all well and fine, but natural rights function until the run afoul of legal rights, and legal rights depend on who controls the reins of power. unfortunately, the more legal rights trump natural rights, the greater in frequency this will occur in the future, until we will have watched our "rights" disappear over some one way horizon. of course, natural rights never abate, but since most of us are taught to obey authority, the threat of non-compliance regarding legal rights holds sway, and we are hoodwinked.

yes, of course we have the right to kill ourselves if we choose. what is amusing to see the argument that suicide is selfish, and it usually runs like " killing yourself leaves your family and loved ones behind to deal" in other words, the family and loved ones are being selfish. so much for that useless argument. if a person truly loves another, the one who loves will not hold the other in any way. to do anything else is selfishness and about ego, seeing the object of their desires as two dimensional only. that h'aint love.

and then, the oldie but goody, that those who want to commit suicide are sick. that assumes a dominant reality, and so is tyranny. yes, i do wonder what is it about mental illness that makes the constitution null, void and inapplicable to the mentally ill. ahhh yes, i know why! because they pose a potential ( a very important and key word, "potential". what that means is they simply scare other ppl) threat to themselves and others. ok, i know quite a few ppl who drive cars. they too pose a potential threat to themselves or others. i know quite a few ppl who own guns-lots of guns. they too pose a potential threat to themselves and others. i have a shop full of sharp and potentially invasive tools. i pose a potential danger to myself or others! Lol!! Ohhhhh! i know! the mentally ill act differently than what is accepted by those dominant reality thinkers!

those who felt threatened by your comments had to resort to insult, because they had no tools left to try and force you into their tyranny. ignore them. they are lacking.

Quite a few of us are amused that you are (theoretically) 2 people that live in the same house and communicate with each other by posting here. :lol:

Jamie

Quite a few of us are amused that you are (theoretically) 2 people that live in the same house and communicate with each other by posting here. :lol:

i am sure that somewhere what quite a few ppl think matters . i am not concerned. "public opinion is a petty tyrant". HDT

what amuses me is how easily your and the positions of others are so easily and handily trashed thrashed and dumped on my garden as manure. of course, that ease is the genesis of your previous post. smile

Last edited:

i am sure that somewhere what quite a few ppl think matters . i am not concerned. "public opinion is a petty tyrant". HDT

what amuses me is how easily your and the positions of others are so easily and handily trashed thrashed and dumped on my garden as manure. of course, that ease is the genesis of your previous post. smile

If "quite a few" being amused doesn't matter then 1 matters even less. You shouldn't marginalize yourself that way, I'm sure you're good at something. :)

(besides being a slave to your raging ego that is)

Try to stay on topic, Amanda. If your insults didnt work, and obviously they didnt - just stop. Being a keyboard warrior will not help you and you suck at it. If forum topics get you this worked up, might I suggest trying to find a new hobby? Its just a topic to be discussed. Thats all.

Jamie

If "quite a few" being amused doesn't matter then 1 matters even less. You shouldn't marginalize yourself that way, I'm sure you're good at something. :)

yoiur feeble and entirely laughable attempt to gum my ankles shows your lack of understanding, your pathetic need to SHOW your lack of understanding, and your perpetual need to denigrate yourself, as well as your need to gain attention. i am entirely underwhelmed and unimpressed by your ....display of mediocrity, but i am sure it is the best you can manage.

unless you have some content-that anticipation which stretches credulity- i have no further use for you. run along now.

yoiur feeble and entirely laughable attempt to gum my ankles shows your lack of understanding, your pathetic need to SHOW your lack of understanding, and your perpetual need to denigrate yourself, as well as your need to gain attention. i am entirely underwhelmed and unimpressed by your ....display of mediocrity, but i am sure it is the best you can manage.

unless you have some content-that anticipation which stretches credulity- i have no further use for you. run along now.

I doubt you'll stick around, your type seldom does, but it will be amusing to watch you get your smug ass handed to you daily when you wade out into the deeper waters.

So please, for entertainment's sake, please stay. :eusa_pray:

Try to stay on topic, Amanda. If your insults didnt work, and obviously they didnt - just stop. Being a keyboard warrior will not help you and you suck at it. If forum topics get you this worked up, might I suggest trying to find a new hobby? Its just a topic to be discussed. Thats all.

Jamie

on topic? :lol:

If you wanted to stay on topic you would have answered my question to you pages ago.

As for worked up... when you've been here more than 10 minutes you might have so idea what "worked up" looks like. I don't even come close to getting worked up.

Forum List

Back