Suicide...a right or not?

The Netherlands has it, too. And since they legalized it, it has morphed into an industry where post-birth abortions are legal, and non-consent "euthanasia" is a common, legal occurrence.

That's what we have to beware of.

And FTR, that is not what I am advocating here at all (as you probably already knew Allie).

I am only advocating that the government should respect personal choice.

Absolutely.
It's also the job of our government to protect life. Can't have it both ways.

How many suicides have you worked with?

They are looking to kill themselves, and the #1 mistake people make in dealing with them is not taking them seriously when they fail the attempt.

Do you deal with suicides for a living?

I had always heard that most people who commit suicides don't articulate it and merely complete the act.

That is a seperate issue from the State of Oregon, where the patient has to have a terminal, debilitating, and painful illness.

Try to stay on topic, Amanda. If your insults didnt work, and obviously they didnt - just stop. Being a keyboard warrior will not help you and you suck at it. If forum topics get you this worked up, might I suggest trying to find a new hobby? Its just a topic to be discussed. Thats all.

Jamie

Yes, and you're just the pro to eddicate her.

Try heading back over to the masturbation thread and posting a link, asshat.

LOL!! this post of yours i quote is your admission that the illusion beat you soundly. LOL!!!

of course, you could try another tactic, but you have no other tactic, so you have to insult. we know. its ok.

Absolutely.

it is the doctors job to protect life. it is the federal governments job to protect the citizen so that they can live their life as they choose, to pusue happiness as they choose, and to enjoy liberty as they choose.

in other words, they have the liberty to dispose of their life as they wish. it is also their life to enjoy as they wish, even if that means ending their life. if they wish to commit suicide, and that makes them happy, then they also have that protected by the federal government. rather substitute "the founding documents" were you read "federal government".

So you're saying it's the gov't's responsibility to protect whatever whim an individual prescribes to?

I don't think so. Our government's obligation is to protect the life and freedom of it's citizens.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you.

So you're saying it's the gov't's responsibility to protect whatever whim an individual prescribes to?

I don't think so. Our government's obligation is to protect the life and freedom of it's citizens.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you.

i am dismayed by the overall lack of understanding i see in the common individual about our documents.

if an individual wants to amputate their left hand and have it attached to his brothers body (there has actually been something similar recently, but with a finger) and as long as both brothers are fine with the procedure, it is their right to do just that. as bizarre as that "whim" might seem to you and i, they have the right to do just that. if the first brother wanted to do that and the second brother refused, and the first brother forced it, then the first brother has violated the natural rights of the second brother. of coiurse, hte federal government coiuld pass a law forbidding amputation for any other reason than medical, and that would be a violation of natural rights and the right of an individual to do with their body what they wish to. of course, often enough, our federal government does just that.

there is a difference between the founding documents, which recognize natural rights, and the federal government, which more closely follows legal rights. thisis greatly simplified, of course.

i may not agree with a person commiting suicide, but i am all for their right to do so. if i deny them that right, what rights will be denied me? too many already.

Last edited:
Absolutely.

it is the doctors job to protect life. it is the federal governments job to protect the citizen so that they can live their life as they choose, to pusue happiness as they choose, and to enjoy liberty as they choose.

in other words, they have the liberty to dispose of their life as they wish. it is also their life to enjoy as they wish, even if that means ending their life. if they wish to commit suicide, and that makes them happy, then they also have that protected by the federal government. rather substitute "the founding documents" were you read "federal government".

Allie is right, the government has taken on the responsibility to protect life...How else can you explain seat belt and helmet laws?

Absolutely.

Allie is right, the government has taken on the responsibility to protect life...How else can you explain seat belt and helmet laws?

what the government does or considers its "job" is not what it is always supposed to do. pay attention to my bold/underlined/italicized sentence above.

the federal government, as charged by the founding documents is supposed to protect its citizens from invasion or usurpation of their rights by others. keeping in context of the thread, if you want to make the case that spectral voices and internal dialogue is "others" then please do so. i will be interested in your argument.

thanks.

Last edited:
The trouble with suicide is the only one who suffers is the living. I agree with RGS and Allie which is always a great rarity, but dead people feel no pain, your loved ones do, and they, especially parents, will be haunted for the rest of their lives about what they could have done.

If you assume a moral universe in which actions have consequences, regardless of religion even, then suicide is a bit hard to push. Euthanasia, after having your goodbyes, is another story, assuming your life is over.

There is a bit of truth to that, but it is government acting in our behalf. One could fight / petition to remove those laws. Motorcycle helmet laws changed.

Absolutely.

A loss of freedom..thats what it is.

Jamie

Forum List

Back