Suggestion For The Forum

I suggest that if a poster puts up a thread that is clearly a duplicate of a thread currently on the 1st page of that forum - IOW easily visible - he loses his thread posting rights for a few days.
Lemme guess, you are a staunch supporter of the authoritarian left. Amirite?

I've posted on conservative run forums that were ten times as strict as this one and did 100 times the censorship this one does.

Your thread "merging" is totally out of control. It is NEVER helpful -- ever. It makes a thread very confusing because the merge feature spreads posts all over and often a thread that you think is the "same" topic actually isn't. I know why you guys do it though, it's because people here do not bother to check to see if a thread has already been posted on the topic, and the people here do not even care to check -- because it's not encouraged. I do realize you are trying to get control of topics that make numerous appearances across subforums.

Most other forums are relentless about getting their members to use the search button first before posting a new thread. Why don't you guys hammer that point here? It would save a lot of work on the moderation end. This would free Westwall up to flame and insult liberal posters on a more consistent basis.

No one reads the one started by "Intense." The headline sucks, and people gloss right over that post. I suggest a "BEFORE YOU START A NEW THREAD -- READ THIS FIRST" stickied post that goes something like this:

So, you just found that juicy bit of fake news on your favorite right wing propaganda site and you're just itching to start a new thread on it so you can get a bunch of "winner, thank you's, agree's and funny and agrees" from the resident muppets.

But before you do that, do the following first:

1. Check to see if another thread has already been posted on that topic. Chances are, it has. There's a lot of members here who are paid to post articles within nanoseconds of the article publishing. Use the goddamn SEARCH feature to double check.

2. If there hasn't been a thread on it, you may proceed and collect your regularly scheduled $1.00 posting fee from Infowars.
What do you think?
Do we really want to read threads created by paid posters...

Who just happen to express their disdain for "right wingers," and Conservatives.

These are usually the threads that I will pass on or ignore their existence.

Though not a right winger or Conservative, I do and will applaud the merger of duplicate threads by our Moderators.

Most of the crap found in politics should be posted in the Badlands.

Moving these threads to the Badlands may become a full time job.

Last edited:
I suggest that if a poster puts up a thread that is clearly a duplicate of a thread currently on the 1st page of that forum - IOW easily visible - he loses his thread posting rights for a few days.
Lemme guess, you are a staunch supporter of the authoritarian left. Amirite?

I've posted on conservative run forums that were ten times as strict as this one and did 100 times the censorship this one does.
So have I which is why I post here and not on those forums. BTW, the same goes for "liberal" forums regarding strictness and censorship. (TPF's and PH, respectively).

Folks what browser do you recommend to deal with the adware/malware at this site? Chrome blocks it but it gets real slow.

Folks what browser do you recommend to deal with the adware/malware at this site? Chrome blocks it but it gets real slow.

Firefox, with a few choice add ons. Scan the list of them available and you will find what you need. The one that let's you flush your cache is the first one you need to get.

Your thread "merging" is totally out of control. It is NEVER helpful -- ever. It makes a thread very confusing because the merge feature spreads posts all over and often a thread that you think is the "same" topic actually isn't. I know why you guys do it though, it's because people here do not bother to check to see if a thread has already been posted on the topic, and the people here do not even care to check -- because it's not encouraged. I do realize you are trying to get control of topics that make numerous appearances across subforums.

Most other forums are relentless about getting their members to use the search button first before posting a new thread. Why don't you guys hammer that point here? It would save a lot of work on the moderation end. This would free Westwall up to flame and insult liberal posters on a more consistent basis.

No one reads the one started by "Intense." The headline sucks, and people gloss right over that post. I suggest a "BEFORE YOU START A NEW THREAD -- READ THIS FIRST" stickied post that goes something like this:

So, you just found that juicy bit of fake news on your favorite right wing propaganda site and you're just itching to start a new thread on it so you can get a bunch of "winner, thank you's, agree's and funny and agrees" from the resident muppets.

1. Check to see if another thread has already been posted on that topic. Chances are, it has. There's a lot of members here who are paid to post articles within nanoseconds of the article publishing. Use the goddamn SEARCH feature to double check.

2. If there hasn't been a thread on it, you may proceed and collect your regularly scheduled $1.00 posting fee from Infowars.
What do you think?
QQ

What do you think?

:banned03:

What do you think?
I agree EXCEPT the search function doesn't really help around here. Have you seen what people use for "tags" on their threads? I search by reading through the Active Posts list, the first page or two of Politics and Current Events if it's a political incident or whatever forum it might be in. That takes time but unless posters had to chose predetermined tags that actually clue you to a topic, search doesn't work.
Unless there's another way to use search that I'm not aware of.

What do you think?

:banned03:
Is there a way to figure out how long a person is banned for? I've seen some forums have a "banned" list showing the length of the ban from 1-day to permanently.

Why can't posts be automatically forwarded to the main thread?

And good grief, why does everything have to go in Politics or Current Events? In part, this is why adding even more forums doesn't seem like a good idea.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com
It was YOU that argued for a "Structured Debate Forum" not to long ago. YOU and the other sissy liberals wanted a forum where YOU could set the rules.

Is there a way to figure out how long a person is banned for? I've seen some forums have a "banned" list showing the length of the ban from 1-day to permanently.

It depends....take your smacking and don't complain or they lay the wood to ya. There's no ban list and we're not supposed to mention anybody who's banned but we have our ways....
lol.gif

Forum List

Back