Suggestion for Polls

candycorn

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2009
Deep State Plant.
One thing I’ve noticed is that whenever there is a poll, there are 500 replies but 9 votes. This is because the polls force a “yes or no” stance to be taken more often than not.

Is there a way to force a vote in the poll before the poster would get permission to comment on the thread? I don’t think you should do this to all polls because you’d end up with a bunch of lopsided polls with no dissent. But maybe make it a forum unto itself.

I thought there was always a choice for pineapple, whatever the heck that means?

It's a tropical fruit.

Pretty good too. Surprised you haven't heard about it. :eusa_shifty:
It's yellow right? I have some in the fridge, but didn't know what it was called:biggrin:

No, that's "cheese". :D

I had never heard of this before coming here but apparently it's a poll wild card for those who don't like any of the given choices.

--- which frankly applies to most polls here.

One thing I’ve noticed is that whenever there is a poll, there are 500 replies but 9 votes. This is because the polls force a “yes or no” stance to be taken more often than not.

Is there a way to force a vote in the poll before the poster would get permission to comment on the thread? I don’t think you should do this to all polls because you’d end up with a bunch of lopsided polls with no dissent. But maybe make it a forum unto itself.

I don't know - I don't think so. Polls can be constructed in such a way as to avoid a strict yes or no, depends on how it's worded.

You could post something in the DebateNow section and list as one of the rules that the person must vote in the poll :dunno:

I don't know - I don't think so. Polls can be constructed in such a way as to avoid a strict yes or no, depends on how it's worded.

You could post something in the DebateNow section and list as one of the rules that the person must vote in the poll :dunno:

No, what I mean is this:

I go to a special forum called “polls” and start a polling thread (I doubt you’d want to put such a thing in Politics directly but maybe???)

Poll. Is Trump a Liar.

____ Yes
____ No

What I’m asking for is that before someone participates in the discussion, they have to answer the question.

If the Author wants to add in a “maybe”, sure they can do that or “hell yes” or “hell no” for more animated response, they could do that too. But the point is that the poster has to check a box before they can take part in the thread.

This allows us to see where fellow posters. stand without obfuscation, splitting hairs, etc…

No, what I mean is this:

I go to a special forum called “polls” and start a polling thread (I doubt you’d want to put such a thing in Politics directly but maybe???)

Poll. Is Trump a Liar.

____ Yes
____ No

What I’m asking for is that before someone participates in the discussion, they have to answer the question.

If the Author wants to add in a “maybe”, sure they can do that or “hell yes” or “hell no” for more animated response, they could do that too. But the point is that the poster has to check a box before they can take part in the thread.

This allows us to see where fellow posters. stand without obfuscation, splitting hairs, etc…

I don't think there is a way in the software to force it though.

No, what I mean is this:

Poll. Is Trump a Liar.

____ Yes
____ No

I don't think there is a way in the software to force it though.

Well, that was the question.

Thanks for all of the good interactions.

Forum List

Back