Suggestion for Newbie Upgrade Bennie?

lol...i am not a complicated man. i may have meant "yogi" but what i was was curious about your screen name.

*blush*

Okay, my screen name -- "Paravani" is the name of a Hindu god who was in the shape of a giant peacock, and the other gods would ride around on his back. There are a couple of entirely different versions of the myth, and many more variations, so I'm not going to go into it.

But "paravani" is also a Sanskrit word that means "the ultimate breath", which is a truly profound concept in a theology which considers the word (and concept) for "breath" also to mean "life", "soul", "spirit", or "state of being".

So the "ultimate breath" can also mean, if you meditate upon it long enough...

Your inner spirit or soul at its center where it is brightest
Your existence, as seen both forwards and backwards along the thread of time into eternity
The "All", the universe, the soul of everything
Enlightenment
God
All-God -- that is, not just the monotheistic idea of "a god", but the spirit or essence of everything linked together and actively working, knowing, being together as the One
------------- (insert your revelation here)

Yeah, that about sums it up. :lol:

-- Paravani

Last edited:
Does anyone know how I can turn it on?

I'm a nerd who's very comfortable with HTML, and I don't seem to have access to it right now. Can anyone tell me where to find these controls?

Thanks for all your help and advice in advance!

-- Paravani

Hi, Folks!

I'm Paravani, and I'm not just a creative thinker, I'm a very polite (though annoyingly and persistently truthful) creative thinker.

So I'm happy to be here, and I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all of you longtimers who have welcomed me with words -- or even better, with words and reps!

See, as a newbie with fewer than 10 posts, this is the only way I can thank you. My reps are worth zero, so I can't thank you with even a single rep point; I can't PM my thanks until I have 50 posts; and I can't even leave a note as a visitor until I have ten posts.

What's a newbie to do? Being rude and ungrateful just isn't my style!

So here's to thank:

Foxfyre
Serenn
MHunterB
SFC Ollie
Shelzin
MeBelle60

... who all gave me rep points and welcome, just because they're lovely people.

Thanks to all of you, and I hope that you see this here.

Suggestions for enhancing the newbie experience:

Maybe the PTB might consider setting initial rep power at 1 instead of zero, so us humble newbies can at least say thanks that way? "1" isn't enough to impact anyone if a newbie abuses the system and leaves stupid negs everywhere; and it really isn't significant as a positive rep, either. It's just something, a tiny something, so that a thank you from a newbie isn't a zero...

Next idea: Maybe newbies could "upgrade" their registration for perks like the immediate ability to PM or leave a visitor's post? Since it costs money, it's unlikely to be abused much... I mean, who wants to pay for a year's subscription, only to be immediately banned?

... Just a couple of thoughts, anyway...

Paravani

I am more than happy you have joined USMB and hope you have a good time, Paravani. I like your attitude and your desire for peace and civility. I share it. :) We have a relatively new Forum called the Clean Debate Zone. It's a good place, if you are looking for options.

1925580gif_280x210XX.gif

I am more than happy you have joined USMB and hope you have a good time, Paravani. I like your attitude and your desire for peace and civility. I share it. :) We have a relatively new Forum called the Clean Debate Zone. It's a good place, if you are looking for options.

1925580gif_280x210XX.gif

Hi, Athena!

Thanks for the welcome and the recommendation. I'll have to check out the Clean Debate Zone; but what makes that forum "clean" and the others "normal" or "The Flame Zone"?

-- Paravani

Forum List

Back