Suggestion for CDZ

Onyx

Gold Member
Dec 17, 2015
The CDZ forum has low activity.

I wanted to make threads there on a couple of occasions, but the rules state that it has to relate to government policies, candidates, current news, and events only.

Simple solution: Allow more topic variety.

Are you sure those rules are for CDZ. I looked and could not find those restrictions.

Are you sure those rules are for CDZ. I looked and could not find those restrictions.

CDZ Subforum Description said:
The Clean Debate Zone is to be used for the clean debating of Government Policies, Candidates, Current News and Events ONLY. No personal attacks, name calling, flaming etc is allowed in this section.

Okay, I found it. I was looking in CKs guidelines, not under the title of Clean Debate Zone. I'm pretty sure that there are already threads there that do not quite adhere to those categories.

Okay, I found it. I was looking in CKs guidelines, not under the title of Clean Debate Zone. I'm pretty sure that there are already threads there that do not quite adhere to those categories.

It's mostly troll threads. Few rate any serious discussion any more than the usual fare in the Current Events, Politics, and Conspiracy Forums. Too many astro-turfers peddling the same 'talking points' tripe from the same old ideological Hives to make it a separate forum.

The CDZ forum has low activity.

I wanted to make threads there on a couple of occasions, but the rules state that it has to relate to government policies, candidates, current news, and events only.

Simple solution: Allow more topic variety.

What sort of topics were you thinking of? We have given some latitude. The main thing is to avoid trolling, flamebait and soapbox protection.

What sort of topics were you thinking of? We have given some latitude. The main thing is to avoid trolling, flamebait and soapbox protection.

Sociology and philosophy.

Economics and political sciences seem like fair game in CDZ.

You could post on such topics - I've seen similar in CDZ.

If that is the case, then the description is redundant and confusing.

It would be better if it did not say ONLY in all caps.

And those threads rarely go more than three or four posts, if that.

It's mostly troll threads. Few rate any serious discussion any more than the usual fare in the Current Events, Politics, and Conspiracy Forums. Too many astro-turfers peddling the same 'talking points' tripe from the same old ideological Hives to make it a separate forum.

Yep.

If a poster submits a posting to the clean debate forum and it consists of reams and reams of self-aggrandizement coupled with preemptive attacks against any who might disagree, clean debate is about the last thing that can ensue.

From my experience, it isn't about clean debate at all, but merely the creation of a politically correct echo chamber.

Yep.

If a poster submits a posting to the clean debate forum and it consists of reams and reams of self-aggrandizement coupled with preemptive attacks against any who might disagree, clean debate is about the last thing that can ensue.

From my experience, it isn't about clean debate at all, but merely the creation of a politically correct echo chamber.
Oh, admit it, you just don't like the rules against being rude and making personal insults. Although at times it can be trying, for sure.
I've seen plenty of non-politically correct discussions there. It can be done.

Yep.

Oh, admit it, you just don't like the rules against being rude and making personal insults. Although at times it can be trying, for sure.
I've seen plenty of non-politically correct discussions there. It can be done.

I don't mind rules against making personal insults, but the rules should apply to all equally.

Forum List

Back