Suggestion: Create sub-forum for social media

K9Buck

Platinum Member
Dec 25, 2009
Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc. are all dominant in the world. There should probably be a sub-forum entitled "Social Media". Thanks for your consideration.

Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc. are all dominant in the world. There should probably be a sub-forum entitled "Social Media". Thanks for your consideration.

I don't use social media, but yes. We really should isolate you people. :auiqs.jpg:

Personally, it sounds good, but there's some considerations that clash with our "no content or drama or personal info from outside" policies. Facebook opens moderation concerns about personal information being imported. Twitter aint' gonna get us closer to better discussion. Same for Instagram. USMB is social media of a different form. We have the Flame Zone and the Clean Debate and everything in between. We'd have to exclude other message boards, some "comment forums" and even the "alt" type channels.

There are social media events and brushfires that don't make the main channels. Some of those would promote discussion. But all threads have to have a topic and the conversions limited to that topic.

What kind of discussion material do you thing we'd gain from doing that? I'm all ears.

Personally, it sounds good, but there's some considerations that clash with our "no content or drama or personal info from outside" policies. Facebook opens moderation concerns about personal information being imported. Twitter aint' gonna get us closer to better discussion. Same for Instagram. USMB is social media of a different form.

Yes, it's sort of an open bar with lots of hysterical yelling from the Left, and calm, sensible opposition from the right.

• Banned
What kind of discussion material do you thing we'd gain from doing that? I'm all ears.

A lot of political discourse occurs on social media. Twitter is obviously Trump's go-to when communicating. Twitter was recently caught shadow-banning Republican congressmen. Facebook has been criticized for censoring prominent conservatives.

Twitter just suspended one of the Benghazi heroes for having the audacity to state that Obama didn't kill Bin Laden and that Robert O'Neil did.

I think it might be appropriate to have a sub-forum dedicated to discussions of things that occur on social media. Just a thought.

A lot of political discourse occurs on social media. Twitter is obviously Trump's go-to when communicating. Twitter was recently caught shadow-banning Republican congressmen. Facebook has been criticized for censoring prominent conservatives.

Twitter just suspended one of the Benghazi heroes for having the audacity to state that Obama didn't kill Bin Laden and that Robert O'Neil did.

I think it might be appropriate to have a sub-forum dedicated to discussions of things that occur on social media. Just a thought.

As far as NEWS about social media dust-ups -- I think that's excellent idea. And it's not hard to implement. What worries me is drawing the line against other discussion and content forums and actually discussing personal content that comes out of Facebook. Whether its a member or some other person that's not a public figure.

It would be good to divert some of the Twitter/Facebook news and mini-meltdowns to a separate forum.. Folks would probably like to discuss alternatives to those site as well. But how do we rule out content from sites like Tinder, MeetMe or others from becoming USMB topics.. :ack-1: You just know that some USMB members would have field day posting dating horror stories or the truly strange.

And I don't think we'd want to JUST include Twitter, Facebook, Instagram to the exclusion of others. We need to discuss this a bit more. Need a forum title and description that screams what you're looking for here.

• Banned
Social Media

The purpose of this sub-forum is to discuss issues, political or social, that occur on social media platforms. Examples could be statements by President Trump or a social media outlet banning a prominent public figure. In keeping with our ongoing policy, users may not reveal personal information on themselves or others.

Social Media

The purpose of this sub-forum is to discuss issues, political or social, that occur on social media platforms. Examples could be statements by President Trump or a social media outlet banning a prominent public figure. In keeping with our ongoing policy, users may not reveal personal information on themselves or others.

You ARE on a social media platform, we have enough parrots from the underpoop democrap as it is.

Social Media

Just brainstorming here. Need to take it up with Staff and Admin eventually -- but how about ???

Social Media News

The purpose of this sub-forum is to discuss issues, political or social, that occur on social media platforms or are in the news. Examples could be statements by or about public figures or controversies about alleged social media bias and methods . In keeping with our ongoing policy, social content about folks who are NOT public figures or who are USMB members is excluded. This also excludes any social media content that is another Discussion or Comment Board.

:113: Can't make any promises at all. But it can presented to the full USMB Mod staff for discussions and issues and if approved -- we can approach the owners/Admin with the change.

Social Media

Just brainstorming here. Need to take it up with Staff and Admin eventually -- but how about ???

Social Media News

The purpose of this sub-forum is to discuss issues, political or social, that occur on social media platforms or are in the news. Examples could be statements by public figures or controversies about alleged social media bias and methods . In keeping with our ongoing policy, social content about folks who are NOT public figures or who are USMB members is excluded. This also excludes any social media content that is another Discussion or Comment Board.

:113: Can't make any promises at all. But it can presented to the full USMB Mod staff for discussions and issues and if approved -- we can approach the owners/Admin with the change.

Even better.

There seem to be a lot of threads here on things that occur on social media. It seems appropriate that there be a sub-forum for such topics. On the other hand, I understand the desire not to have an endless number of sub-forums and that ownership/management might be loathe to create another sub-forum. Either way is certainly ok with me. :)

Social Media

Social Media News

The purpose of this sub-forum is to discuss issues, political or social, that occur on social media platforms or are in the news. Examples could be statements by public figures or controversies about alleged social media bias and methods . In keeping with our ongoing policy, social content about folks who are NOT public figures or who are USMB members is excluded. This also excludes any social media content that is another Discussion or Comment Board.

Even better.

There seem to be a lot of threads here on things that occur on social media. It seems appropriate that there be a sub-forum for such topics. On the other hand, I understand the desire not to have an endless number of sub-forums and that ownership/management might be loathe to create another sub-forum. Either way is certainly ok with me. :)

Sub forum are cheap and easy. If they have a real purpose and don't clutter the listings. It's getting them defined right that's the trick. You'd be surprised what goes on the Paranormal forum or the Conspiracy Forum. There's really a wide range of interests here.

Social Media

Social Media News

Even better.

Sub forum are cheap and easy. If they have a real purpose and don't clutter the listings. It's getting them defined right that's the trick. You'd be surprised what goes on the Paranormal forum or the Conspiracy Forum. There's really a wide range of interests here.

I better check them out. It sounds like I'm missing out. ;)

Forum List

Back