Suggested upgrade for premium members

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
I don't know if this is possible, but I would like to have a revolving signature line. Hard to explain, but I'll try. Like the advertising banner has different ads every time I reload a page, I'd like to have 2 or 3 signature lines on different themes that are separate and load at random.

I.E. - sometimes my NRA sig line is loaded at the bottom of my post and other times the NRA sig line is absent but a Pro-Life sig line (which I would enter) is loaded.

I doubt if it is possible, but I figured I'd throw it out there.

I don't know if this is possible, but I would like to have a revolving signature line. Hard to explain, but I'll try. Like the advertising banner has different ads every time I reload a page, I'd like to have 2 or 3 signature lines on different themes that are separate and load at random.

I.E. - sometimes my NRA sig line is loaded at the bottom of my post and other times the NRA sig line is absent but a Pro-Life sig line (which I would enter) is loaded.

It would be possible for the techie to do, but it would also be "too much". You could do an animated GIF yourself (download Gimp if you need to) and make your own banner.

why cant it be done? i want a pagan flag for the flag icon...and i got other wants....and what do i get....no's...that man has no down pat....i cant reveal pms....you know you misss a lot when you cant reveal pms lol..anyways i want a pagan flag..and i assure y ou...you give missourian what he wants you best be ready to give me what i want.

see why missourian?

i would pay 5 bucks for a pagan flag....see you could do the american thing and charge....

or do a promotion....pay for the 14.99 membership (which all goes to echo) and get your choice of these icons for free?

i got ideas....

and gunny has a big bag of No's

hell but someone could slip up and ask for something sane....

and shouldnt you be at least a supporting member if you want something "premium" or however its spelled...why not kick in the "upgraded membership thing" maybe our tech would have more time if the board could afford to pay him a wee bit...(dont get all big head 4nines or whatever, you dont get squat and we both know it but its a good ploy)

so kitten y ou know this crap...why not a selection of icons for flags ....and maybe charging for daily banners at top....a member could pay so much and get the banner ad for the day....

i would pay 5 bucks for a pagan flag....see you could do the american thing and charge....

or do a promotion....pay for the 14.99 membership (which all goes to echo) and get your choice of these icons for free?

i got ideas....

Gunny didn't say no yet to this one, I just pointed out that technically it's just not feasible, too many factors involved, and the techie in charge here would have to deal with that. Javascript isn't allowed in signatures or profiles by most bulletin board software because it's too easy to abuse or screw things up. As for yours, Bones, you could make a little icon on your avatar ... I could help you there if you want, it's quick and easy, just send me a link to the "flag" you want, and I'll put it on the pic you have for your avatar then send you the new pic and you can choose to put that up for your avatar if you like it.

Is javascript allowed?

No, the board software clears that.

They disabled embed too, I think

looks like .apng is the way to go (or .mng, but I hear apng is better)

apng is more widely supported, mng was experimental and was used originally to "stack" pngs not animate them. gif however is more widely used and in spite of it's color limitations is also the best. It's smaller and more widely visible since all browsers now support it.

and shouldnt you be at least a supporting member if you want something "premium" or however its spelled...why not kick in the "upgraded membership thing" maybe our tech would have more time if the board could afford to pay him a wee bit...(dont get all big head 4nines or whatever, you dont get squat and we both know it but its a good ploy)

I should have said 'supporting" instead of 'premium'...my bad.

.gif's suck, though. they lack the color support and smoother edges on .apng- and probably a few features I don't even know about. Oh, and god forbid you use dithering/fades and transparencies on an animated .gif

It would be possible for the techie to do, but it would also be "too much". You could do an animated GIF yourself (download Gimp if you need to) and make your own banner.

Thanks, KK :thup:

.gif's suck, though. they lack the color support and smoother edges on .apng- and probably a few features I don't even know about. Oh, and god forbid you use dithering/fades and transparencies on an animated .gif

I agree that gif's suck, no argument there, but for size (which uses bandwidth) and compatibility, gif's are still the standard. My avatar is gif, I couldn't get an animated png small enough in memory for it. 256 colors doesn't seem like a lot, but if optimized well, you don't notice the difference in a high res monitor. Gimp is good at the palette optimizing, even for a gif it can make them look almost as good as png. As for transparency, I don't deal with that in gif at all, I like my alpha blending too much.

I forget which blending .apng supports that ;.gifs don't, but i abandoned .gifs for all but the most basic things years ago, as they simply couldn't do the job for more advanced designs

I forget which blending .apng supports that ;.gifs don't, but i abandoned .gifs for all but the most basic things years ago, as they simply couldn't do the job for more advanced designs

Hint: apng is animated-png.

Png uses alpha transparency, I call it alpha blending because it blends so nicely. Gifs use a transparent value, one of the palette entries is transparent.

i got ideas....

Gunny didn't say no yet to this one, I just pointed out that technically it's just not feasible, too many factors involved, and the techie in charge here would have to deal with that. Javascript isn't allowed in signatures or profiles by most bulletin board software because it's too easy to abuse or screw things up. As for yours, Bones, you could make a little icon on your avatar ... I could help you there if you want, it's quick and easy, just send me a link to the "flag" you want, and I'll put it on the pic you have for your avatar then send you the new pic and you can choose to put that up for your avatar if you like it.

o i know that...change avatar...put in sign pic and all....this is simply sports bitching...

my suggestion would be to add a poker club. texas hold em' ... i want to play with ravi and jillian at the table, that would be a blast! real money, low blinds is cool....

Forum List

Back