Suggested division of labor in a bi-partisan Congress

OohPooPahDoo

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
N'Awlins Mid-City
To All-

I have a suggestion for a bi-partisan Congress that will, I think, promote the spirit of cooperation and advance our nation forward as a unified nation. I propose that the division of labor in Congress be divided into two categories: (1) policy making and (2) definitions. The Democrats will takeover all policy making decisions, while the Republicans will take on the difficult task of deciding which words are used to describe the policy in law. So, for instance, Democrats would come up with health care policy, while Republicans would decide if things in the bill were called a tax, a penalty, an incentive - whatever they think is best. I think this way, each party will be doing what it does best.

What say you?

I also have a modest proposal.

I propose that we eat the rich.

I understand that they're quite yummie when cooked correctly.

To All-

I have a suggestion for a bi-partisan Congress that will, I think, promote the spirit of cooperation and advance our nation forward as a unified nation. I propose that the division of labor in Congress be divided into two categories: (1) policy making and (2) definitions. The Democrats will takeover all policy making decisions, while the Republicans will take on the difficult task of deciding which words are used to describe the policy in law. So, for instance, Democrats would come up with health care policy, while Republicans would decide if things in the bill were called a tax, a penalty, an incentive - whatever they think is best. I think this way, each party will be doing what it does best.

What say you?
So, you want the people who elected Republicans to represent them to be dictated to by Democrats.

Isn't it ironic how people who call themselves Democrats have such contempt for democracy?

I suggest a new name for your party: The Totalitarian Party. "Vote Totalitarian -- Or Else!!"

To All-

What say you?
So, you want the people who elected Republicans to represent them to be dictated to by Democrats.

Isn't it ironic how people who call themselves Democrats have such contempt for democracy?

I suggest a new name for your party: The Totalitarian Party. "Vote Totalitarian -- Or Else!!"
How is it totalitarian? The Republicans would have the most important task. policy is secondary compared to choosing which words to use.

To All-

What say you?

How is it totalitarian? The Republicans would have the most important task. policy is secondary compared to choosing which words to use.

Hey this might work.. If Republicans can get to NAME all the bills that the Dems pass.

Instead of the Affordable Care Act -- we'd have the Dismantling American Medicine (DAM) act. And instead of the DREAM act -- we'd have Kiss the Economy Goodbye (KEG) act..

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
To All-

What say you?

You seem to be forgetting something. As of last week it seems it is now the Supreme Court that decides what words to us.

lol

To All-

What say you?

So you think taking away people's freedom is less important than selling the loss of liberty to people?

Yeah, you're fulla shit.

I have a better division of labor.

The Conservatives can make policy and write laws, and the rest can sweep the floors and clean the toilets.

To each their own, according to their needs.

To All-

What say you?

I say you're a fucking idiot.

To All-

What say you?

I think it shows your general level of intelligence.

Forum List

Back