Sugary Drinks my ass.

Sweet Sodas and Soft Drinks May Raise Your Risk of Depression, Study Finds | Healthy Living - Yahoo! Shine

Claims they took health and age in to consideration, then the obvious question is why that age group? Why not 20 to 50? Me smells a rat.

Does the study make any claims about possible depressive effects of soda consumption on anyone outside of the age group it concerned itself with?

If not (and it doesn't) what 'rat' are you smelling?

It makes a General statement that drinking them means 30 percent more chance for depression, it has exactly one line that mentions the age group and no disclaimers except to say they took age and health into consideration on the findings. I mean really LOOK at the ti8tle.

Sweet Sodas and Soft Drinks May Raise Your Risk of Depression, Study Finds | Healthy Living - Yahoo! Shine

Claims they took health and age in to consideration, then the obvious question is why that age group? Why not 20 to 50? Me smells a rat.

Does the study make any claims about possible depressive effects of soda consumption on anyone outside of the age group it concerned itself with?

It makes a General statement that drinking them means 30 percent more chance for depression, it has exactly one line that mentions the age group and no disclaimers except to say they took age and health into consideration on the findings. I mean really LOOK at the ti8tle.

So what? It also specifically states what age group it studies; that it was stated 'in one line' is utterly irrelevant to that, and it made no extrapolations on that data or conclusions about any age group outside that specific group.

So what? It also specifically states what age group it studies; that it was stated 'in one line' is utterly irrelevant to that, and it made no extrapolations on that data or conclusions about any age group outside that specific group.

The titles DOES and the group spokesman was quoted as saying what the risks were with out any disclaimer for age. But then you are a sheeple you go ahead and believe what you want. Further it states that Bloomberg was right to ban large sugary drinks BECAUSE of this study.

By pouring a little bit of Jack Daniels into your Coke Classic, you remove all the bad stuff in the so-called "sugary beverage".

The titles DOES and the group spokesman was quoted as saying what the risks were with out any disclaimer for age. But then you are a sheeple you go ahead and believe what you want. Further it states that Bloomberg was right to ban large sugary drinks BECAUSE of this study.

LOL! By actually reading past the title, Tinkerbell, one can actually find out what it applies to. You know, going past what's on the first line?

Your pathological fear and paranoia combined with your stupidity will make you a favorite in the 'entertainment' sections of the FEMA camps.

Last edited:
From the article:
And all that extra sugar isn't the actual problem: The research showed that low-calorie diet sodas, iced teas, and fruit punches were linked to an slightly higher risk of depression than the high-calorie stuff. Researchers say that the artificial sweetener aspartame MAY be to blame.
Aspartame? Thank you Donald Rumsfeld!

Before it was aspartame it was saccharin that was a danger, right up to the point where saccharin was found to be quite safe.

It's not about risk, it's about control. It's the ability to hit a nerve and watch the public jump.

2013-01-08-humor-2.jpg

could be, in part, because it was a 10 year long study and if someone were 20, they'd have been 10 when the study started. or maybe there are studies involving that age group.

but this study was limited to the older echelon, probably by design, taking into consideration cost and manageability.

no rat... just paranoia. studies have parameters.

interestingly, from your link:

And all that extra sugar isn't the actual problem: The research showed that low-calorie diet sodas, iced teas, and fruit punches were linked to an slightly higher risk of depression than the high-calorie stuff. Researchers say that the artificial sweetener aspartame may be to blame.

"Our findings are preliminary, and the underlying biological mechanisms are not known," said Chen. The study found an association but could not conclusively determine whether sodas and other sweet soft drinks cause depression, even after taking into account factors like age, gender, education, smoking, body mass index (BMI) and other issues. Still, the results "are intriguing and consistent with a small but growing body of evidence suggesting that artificially sweetened beverages may be associated with poor health outcomes."

perhaps you shouldn't be so resistant to the conclusions. like drinking chicken soup when you're sick, cutting out soda from your diet can't hurt.

is anyone banning soft drinks?

nooooooo...

how horrible that they're pointing out that soft drinks are not good for you.

oh noooooooooooo

it's a conspiracy!!!

:lmao:

Just remember Jillian, it's for your own good.

Enjoy your soda!! .... but only if it's within Nanny Boomberg's size restrictions!!

Once it gets over 16 oz it becomes an "ASSAULT SODA"!!!

:lol:

Last edited:

nooooooo...

oh noooooooooooo

it's a conspiracy!!!

Enjoy your soda!! .... but only if it's within Nanny Boomberg's size restrictions!!

okie dokie, z...

again, no one is forcing you to do anything. i understand that some people hate information. it's cool.

me? i like information.

and i don't drink soda....

nooooooo...

oh noooooooooooo

it's a conspiracy!!!

okie dokie, z...

again, no one is forcing you to do anything. i understand that some people hate information. it's cool.

me? i like information.

and i don't drink soda....

Some people may hate information. I don't know any, and do not want to.

I like information. I also like FREEDOM. I do not need our supposedly "limited" Government to be my Mommy and micromanage my life and diet. If I or anyone else wants to drink a 24 or 48 ounce soda we should be able to buy it. Even in NYC.

I rarely drink soda. But I make that decision, not Nanny Bloomberg.

This is how stupid things are getting here in loony liberal land.

Last week I went to go play a lil' golf over the hill in Calabasas at this lil' 9 hole course they have there, and decided to stop at Albertsons and get a 24oz tall boy Budweiser to nurse while playing...Now, Calabasas banned the use of plastic grocery bags not long ago, and of course, sells reusable "I heart Calabasas" grocery bags made of hemp in all the stores (pretty brilliant racket, I might add) for about a buck fifty a pop.....Anyhow, I get my beer and go to pay for it, and the clerk takes that one lil' can o' beer and puts it into one of those big ass paper grocery bags.....I told her I don't need that big ass bag, just give me the receipt and i'll walk out with the can...she gets all snotty, in that Calabasas liberal sort o' way, and say's, "here in the 'basas, you can't just walk out with a beer can in your hand, it doesn't look right".....I was gobsmacked, took the beer out the bag, grabbed the receipt, smiled, and walked out anyway.

Liberals.......GOTTA LOVE 'EM!

Forum List

Back