Sugar or chemicals?

RodISHI

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 2008
I have been thinking on this for awhile but never came to an absolute conclusion on the matter until the last week. Is real sugar better or is an artificial sugar better? I decided beyond a doubt after my latest searches and inquiries that I have always liked real sugar, never cared for the fake stuff at all and now I understand why. Fake, just the word alone should garnish some attention. I mean maybe some like fake other stuffs but I prefer the real thing no matter what it may be. We have a whole society now it seems basing their ideals on fake things. Fake sugar, fake butter, fake fat products even.

Rod has to have an injury repaired last year. It required surgery so lots of tests before it ever came to the point where they determine when the surgery will be done. The doctor asked me, "What do you feed him?" I chuckled and told him food. The guy says, "no really what do you feed him, for his age he is in excellent health?" I repeated food. He asked what kind of food. I told the doc good food. The guy started laughing and asked what is good food? It just seemed silly to me that would make any difference we just eat whatever we want. Today I could tell him we eat real food. Substitutes and fakes are just not as good as the real thing.

Our culture has gotten so used to eating fake food I don't think most people know what real food should taste like and look like or they have forgotten. Eggs even. I recall picking up the eggs from the hen house and when you use those eggs they have a bright orange yellow center. Store bought eggs have a sickly yellow color that is not even close to what the eggs from the hen house look like.

I've been looking at this fake sugar that goes into so many products. This is part what I discovered. Averaged out Americans now consume over twenty pounds of chemicals that are called sugar substitutes per person. The sugar substitutes are called artificial sweeteners made of a man made substances.

Sucralose (trichlorogalactosurose), a patented process that takes five steps using chlorocarbon chemical to alter real sugar. Long term chlorine exposure using this type of fake sugar. I never like chlorinated water either. EPA has classified chlorine as a Group D carcinogen Sucralose manufacturers and suppliers.

Aspartame is made up of three chemicals, aspartic acid (40%), pheylalanine (50%) and methanol (10%). Even employees working with Aspartame need gloves, NIOS/MSHA approved air purifying dust or mist respirator and chemical goggles to prevent exposure to eyes, skin and lungs. Aspartame is, by far, the most dangerous substance on the market that is added to foods. Aspartame suppliers and manufacturers.

Saccharin the oldest sugar fake was discovered in 1879, made of grapes and petroleum (Toulene or methylbenzene). Toulene is very poisonous and it effects the central nervous system as a toxin. It makes an engine scream but I sure would not want to eat the same thing the car does. Effective October 1, 1989, the Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA) of the California Environmental Protection Agency added saccharin to the list of chemicals known to the state to cause cancer, for the purposes of Proposition 65. It was delisted April 6, 2001. Congress placed a moratorium on a ban and then lifted it and in place required that a warning label be on all saccharin products. That was repealed in 2000 even though saccharin has been linked to thyroid cancer in mice. Monsanto was founded in 1901 as a chemicals company whose primary products were saccharin and vanilla. List of Saccharin manufacturers and suppliers.

Neotame is a more potent version of aspartame. Same elements as aspartame and more.

Acesulfame -k Is a derivative of acetoacetic acid and mthylene chloride. Methylene chloride causes lung tumors, breast tumors, rare tumors in organs, chronic respiratory diseases, several forms of leukemia, aggravates reactive hypoglycemia, headaches, depression, nausea, mental confusion, certain kidney disorders and can cause visual disorders.

I am sure there is much more that can be said of fake sugars but, I don't feel like anymore needs to be said on adding chemicals to ones diet. It is of course a personal choice. I am however very concerned that the chemical companies are know wanting to poison my real sugar source with GM and GMO seeds that will contaminate Cane and Sugar Beets just like they have contaminated corn and soy beans throughout the world. How dare they!

I have been thinking on this for awhile but never came to an absolute conclusion on the matter until the last week. Is real sugar better or is an artificial sugar better? I decided beyond a doubt after my latest searches and inquiries that I have always liked real sugar, never cared for the fake stuff at all and now I understand why. Fake, just the word alone should garnish some attention. I mean maybe some like fake other stuffs but I prefer the real thing no matter what it may be. We have a whole society now it seems basing their ideals on fake things. Fake sugar, fake butter, fake fat products even.

Rod has to have an injury repaired last year. It required surgery so lots of tests before it ever came to the point where they determine when the surgery will be done. The doctor asked me, "What do you feed him?" I chuckled and told him food. The guy says, "no really what do you feed him, for his age he is in excellent health?" I repeated food. He asked what kind of food. I told the doc good food. The guy started laughing and asked what is good food? It just seemed silly to me that would make any difference we just eat whatever we want. Today I could tell him we eat real food. Substitutes and fakes are just not as good as the real thing.

Our culture has gotten so used to eating fake food I don't think most people know what real food should taste like and look like or they have forgotten. Eggs even. I recall picking up the eggs from the hen house and when you use those eggs they have a bright orange yellow center. Store bought eggs have a sickly yellow color that is not even close to what the eggs from the hen house look like.

I've been looking at this fake sugar that goes into so many products. This is part what I discovered. Averaged out Americans now consume over twenty pounds of chemicals that are called sugar substitutes per person. The sugar substitutes are called artificial sweeteners made of a man made substances.

Sucralose (trichlorogalactosurose), a patented process that takes five steps using chlorocarbon chemical to alter real sugar. Long term chlorine exposure using this type of fake sugar. I never like chlorinated water either. EPA has classified chlorine as a Group D carcinogen Sucralose manufacturers and suppliers.

Aspartame is made up of three chemicals, aspartic acid (40%), pheylalanine (50%) and methanol (10%). Even employees working with Aspartame need gloves, NIOS/MSHA approved air purifying dust or mist respirator and chemical goggles to prevent exposure to eyes, skin and lungs. Aspartame is, by far, the most dangerous substance on the market that is added to foods. Aspartame suppliers and manufacturers.

Saccharin the oldest sugar fake was discovered in 1879, made of grapes and petroleum (Toulene or methylbenzene). Toulene is very poisonous and it effects the central nervous system as a toxin. It makes an engine scream but I sure would not want to eat the same thing the car does. Effective October 1, 1989, the Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA) of the California Environmental Protection Agency added saccharin to the list of chemicals known to the state to cause cancer, for the purposes of Proposition 65. It was delisted April 6, 2001. Congress placed a moratorium on a ban and then lifted it and in place required that a warning label be on all saccharin products. That was repealed in 2000 even though saccharin has been linked to thyroid cancer in mice. Monsanto was founded in 1901 as a chemicals company whose primary products were saccharin and vanilla. List of Saccharin manufacturers and suppliers.

Neotame is a more potent version of aspartame. Same elements as aspartame and more.

Acesulfame -k Is a derivative of acetoacetic acid and mthylene chloride. Methylene chloride causes lung tumors, breast tumors, rare tumors in organs, chronic respiratory diseases, several forms of leukemia, aggravates reactive hypoglycemia, headaches, depression, nausea, mental confusion, certain kidney disorders and can cause visual disorders.

I am sure there is much more that can be said of fake sugars but, I don't feel like anymore needs to be said on adding chemicals to ones diet. It is of course a personal choice. I am however very concerned that the chemical companies are know wanting to poison my real sugar source with GM and GMO seeds that will contaminate Cane and Sugar Beets just like they have contaminated corn and soy beans throughout the world. How dare they!

I watch the Biggest Loser partly for the cooking tips they have on there. One chef gave a tip one night that you can bring out the natural sweetness of food by caramelizing whatever you're cooking.

That said, I drink diet sodas, sugar free cookies, etc.. I believe sugar attacks every organ in your body, it makes you weak and tired as well.

I eat very little of the artificial sweetners and I have noticed a difference in my energy level since I have banished sugar, white flour and prepared foods.

If you feed your body fake crap that is exactly how you will feel.

A little of the real deal is better than a lot of the fake. Moderation is the key. True for so many things in life.

Forum List

Back