Sugar Bowl predictions.

If you say so. I just did a search, and there are plenty of college football threads I didn't even post in, much less mention Arkansas. I've started a handful of threads about the SEC and/or Arkansas games, and so it would make sense for me to discuss Arkansas there. Maybe you just stalk my posts and see that I discuss Arkansas a lot. :)

That's cool. I stand by it. I don't care if someone is 100 years old, if they don't know what they are talking about, they just don't. Their age won't change that fact.

:lol::lol::lol:

I didn't say every thread. Don't be so serious!

Get ready for your OSU avatar..:razz:

:doubt:

:D :rofl::rofl:

The Big 10 is simply like a brand name and they're overrated every year because of it. They earned it, but it's been 10 years since their conference wasn't anything but a used up pile of dog feces. It's really time to move on. I don't use a Timex watch, likewise, neither should anyone give the Big 10 such undeserved accolades in 2011. I don't make any excuses for our dismal performance, but at the end of the game there wasn't a person in this country with a functioning brain who thought we'd lose with 4 downs to go inside the 20. The statistics are solid on our side in the red zone, but sometimes shit just happens and it was our turn, and that's all it is but god is it an embarassment of the worst kind.

At least at the end of the game some consolation could be found in the fact hat we DO NOT have a piece of ghetto trash leading our team like the low IQ tard from OSU who can't make a coherent sentence without sounding like he learned to speak from a "hooked on ebonics" instuctional DVD, much less 4 other losers who got a get out of jail free card from the, obviously, CORRUPT NCAA. A human being (if you can call Tyrelle a human being with a straight face) of such demonstrated, low moral character who is at the very least as potentially worthless as Vick or Favre not to mention the award winning, ulimate douchebag at Auburn who doesn't deserve to be called by his first or last name let alone get a job shining my shoes in at a crappy airport. Ditto for the Heisman voters. Human scum. I've made a couple points here, the most important 1 being that people of low character should not be recipients of our admiration, rather, they should be universally despised even hated if necessary.

In summation:

1. The Big 10 sucks. It does. Acceptance is the first step to recovery.
2. Arkansas sucks for losing to OSU. I have zero forgivness for this ineptness. Luck or not, it was a choke worthy of Clinton Stoerner's fumble at #1 Tennessee.
3. The NCAA is, obviously, corrupt.
4. OSU's 5 players and possibly the entire program are an embarassment to any moral person.
5. The loser from Auburn who I will not even honor by mentioning his name is a liar, and a scumbag of the highest caliber.

Wow.

I don't know where to begin.

But I guess it all boils down to the fact that Arkansas football didn't start (in your mind) until Bobby Petrino arrived in Fayetteville, and Ohio State is the only team to EVER have players scolded by the NCAA (which, if we're to believe you, is a bastion of fairness and fact).

You've probably never heard of Ted Harrod? (because that happened before Petrino, and thus, before anything mattered).

Tyson Gay didn't play football, but he didn't go to OSU either.

That was all "then" and you want to talk about "now." Fine. Fair enough.

How about this for "now:" Arkansas has NEVER WON the SEC championship. Only South Carolina and Vanderbilt share that same distinction among the members. We won't mention that Tulane, Georgia Tech, and Suwanee have won more SEC Titles than Arkansas, because that's "then" and we're talking "now."

Did you know Frank Broyles used to be your football coach? Those were your true "powerhouse" years, and while you're headed back there, you ain't there. Oopsss......"Then" again....not "now."

Prior to Nutt, you sucked ass. After his arrival, you became one of the "hurdle teams" that the traditional powers of the SEC had to beat in order to win the conference. While you're improving, in a nutshell (no pun intended), that's pretty much still your roll. When you manage to beat Bama, Auburn, and LSU all in the same year, THEN (meaning "not NOW") you'll have a chance to crow. It has never happened, and it won't happen next year either.

Arkansas is a fine school and a fine football program. They have as much or money than anyone in the SEC. For the most part, their fans are fun, classy folks, good to share a ballgame with, and gracious hosts. Their football teams are traditionally smashmouth, whip your ass, better-man-wins type players, and their tradition is as strong and loyal as any of the remnants of the SWC.

But they aren't Bama.
They aren't LSU.
They aren't Tennessee.
They aren't Florida, or Auburn.

They are closer to Ole Miss, USC, and Mississippi State than they are to Vandy and Kentucky, but they aren't in the top tier yet.

The Hogs LOVED Nutt when he came to town. Absolutely LOVED him the first 6 years or more. He was a winner. He was going to take them to the next level (he actually did). Now, he sucks ("then" and "now," again). They LOVE Petrino now, and Petrino is going to be a winner! He is going to take them to the next level. This time, its different, simply because this is "now" and that was "then."

And because a guy who thinks Arkansas and the SEC started when the SWC folded says so.

Pardon our age, but Frank Broyles, Shug Jordan, Bear Bryant, Charlie Pell, General Neyland, John Heisman, Gene Stallings, Jackie Sherrill, Johnny Vaught, and I.......all disagree with you in that regard.

We all would recognize that Ark is on the right track, that they certainly are better than they've been since Broyles was at the helm, but also that they still haven't won shit, and until you show us an SEC ring, all of your wishing and bravado is so "then" and not "now."

Last edited:
Since most of your post was more dribble, mostly irrelevant to anything, I'll start here...

The Hogs LOVED Nutt when he came to town. Absolutely LOVED him the first 6 years or more.

They did? In what world were you living? Nutt was always a divider among the fans, especially after his first season. He won his biggest game that first year, beating Texas in the Cotton Bowl. Everyone was excited, thinking this guy was legit. Then his recruiting began, and we realized he couldn't sell a free sandwich to a homeless man. After that, he was hit or miss. Either you loved him because he seemed like a nice guy, or you hated him. I was the latter because you saw him for the sham that he was. I was the latter.

He was a winner.

Meh. In some regards.

He was going to take them to the next level (he actually did).

He was supposed to, but he didn't. Never a BCS appearance, never a major bowl win (bar the single Cotton Bowl victory which he won with another coach's recruits). His best season was the result of Darren McFadden and Felix Jones and an offense led by Gus Malzahn. None of that was Nutt's doing. Darren and Felix would have come to Arkansas no matter who the coach was, and Gus came in spite of Nutt because it's what Mitch Mustain and the boosters wanted.

Now, he sucks ("then" and "now," again).

At least we agree on one point.

They LOVE Petrino now, and Petrino is going to be a winner! He is going to take them to the next level.

He already has. He has put us in a BCS game in his third year, and considering the shape the team was in when he took over, that's a hell of an achievement. It's something he can do year after year. You don't have to believe me, come back in a couple of years and see for yourself.

And because a guy who thinks Arkansas and the SEC started when the SWC folded says so.

:confused:

We all would recognize that Ark is on the right track, that they certainly are better than they've been since Broyles was at the helm, but also that they still haven't won shit, and until you show us an SEC ring, all of your wishing and bravado is so "then" and not "now."

We'll see how next year unfolds. I'm not entirely sure why you, or anyone else, would discount Arkansas in the next season. We're returning a large majority of our starters, and there's no reason to believe we can't repeat or exceed what we did this season...other than the fact that you just don't respect the program, which you don't.

Also, while next season is being discussed, I find this relevant:

Arkansas' Ryan Mallett turning pro - SEC Blog - ESPN

It's all good. Tyler Wilson has quicker feet and just as much accuracy. He may not be as powerful and can't throw the long ball, but he can get it to the receivers who can turn a 5 yard pass into a 20 yard (or more) gain.

I'm thankful for Mallett, but won't be sad to see him go. Every time he opened his mouth, I was embarrassed for our school and our state.

"The world according to Jon."

Good luck with all that.

You'll do well next year to equal this year's successes.

And Petrino is winning with Nutt's players. Its a 2-way street.

I don't know what you Razorbacks think of your program, I can only tell you how the outside world perceives it.

And Petrino is winning with Nutt's players. Its a 2-way street.

Ryan Mallett, Joe Adams, Knile Davis, Greg Childs, Cobi Hamilton, Jarius Wright, Tyler Wilson, Jake Bequette...none of those players were recruited by Nutt. Most of our defense all came after Nutt's departure. Again, learn the facts, then speak.

And for proof of the difference between Bobby Petrino and Houston Nutt, compare Casey Dick under 3 years of Houston Nutt and a single season of Bobby Petrino. The difference will amaze you.

I don't know what you Razorbacks think of your program, I can only tell you how the outside world perceives it.

No, you can tell us how you perceive it. I can turn on ESPN and see how the pundits perceive it. They're much closer to agreeing with me than agreeing with you. Believe it or not, most of them do their research, unlike you.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back