Sugar Bowl predictions.

Jon

The CPA
Mar 20, 2008
Fayetteville, AR
Arkansas will move the ball quite well, as they have all year. I think they will struggle to get into the end zone on all of their red zone visits, because Ohio St's defense will stand them up in the end. With their kicker, tacking on a few field goals (even some longer ones) shouldn't be a problem.

Ohio St will also move the ball quite well, because Chris Relf (Miss St) and Cam Newton (Auburn) proved that Arkansas has a problem with this type of quarterback. I think Ohio State will be too focused on exploiting Terrelle Pryor's running game to pass too much, because Arkansas's pass defense is much better than its run defense.

This game comes down to an amazing offense versus an amazing defense. However, Arkansas has proven against LSU, Alabama, and Miss St that they can score against the best defenses. Ohio St has not proven that their defense can stop the best offenses. We have seen how the better Big 10 offenses have fared against SEC opponents with less impressive numbers than Ohio State, and Arkansas scored quite well against those same SEC opponents.

The real question then comes down to how well can Arkansas's defense hold Terrelle Pryor? The answer, I feel, is simple: well enough to keep the Buckeyes below 30.

Arkansas - 40
Ohio St - 24

Go Hogs!

Good analysis. :thup:

The Ohio T/G versus Arkansas DE battles will be something I'm keeping an eye on. Not sure hoe those positions match up, but if the Hog DE's can contain and force Pryor to either throw out or funnel him up the middle, I can see Arkansas winning this. Hopefully your safeties don't start cheating up in the second half. Should be a good one.

I'm not so sure OSU will rely as heavily on its ground game. They might mix it up and try to exploit weaknesses in the pass defense, especially in the second half. There have been some issues with 4th quarter consistency here and there through the season.

But.......

Hogs 34
OSU 28

Last edited:
Arkansas will move the ball quite well, as they have all year. I think they will struggle to get into the end zone on all of their red zone visits, because Ohio St's defense will stand them up in the end. With their kicker, tacking on a few field goals (even some longer ones) shouldn't be a problem.

Ohio St will also move the ball quite well, because Chris Relf (Miss St) and Cam Newton (Auburn) proved that Arkansas has a problem with this type of quarterback. I think Ohio State will be too focused on exploiting Terrelle Pryor's running game to pass too much, because Arkansas's pass defense is much better than its run defense.

This game comes down to an amazing offense versus an amazing defense. However, Arkansas has proven against LSU, Alabama, and Miss St that they can score against the best defenses. Ohio St has not proven that their defense can stop the best offenses. We have seen how the better Big 10 offenses have fared against SEC opponents with less impressive numbers than Ohio State, and Arkansas scored quite well against those same SEC opponents.

The real question then comes down to how well can Arkansas's defense hold Terrelle Pryor? The answer, I feel, is simple: well enough to keep the Buckeyes below 30.

Arkansas - 40
Ohio St - 24

Go Hogs!

I think Arkansas will win by 10.

With any luck someone will hit the OSU quarterback hard enough that it will shut his fat mouth, forever. Cheating, white trash, overrated school just like the rest of the Big 10. Compete and utter human garbage.

With any luck someone will hit the OSU quarterback hard enough that it will shut his fat mouth, forever. Cheating, white trash, overrated school just like the rest of the Big 10. Compete and utter human garbage.

Uh, I'm definitely *not* an OSU fan, but my U is in the Big 10. Fuck your couch.

Those players broke amateurism rules; that's not really cheating, if that's what you're talking about.

We wouldn't have wanted those 5 players to have sat this one out beacuse then the Big 10 commissoner et al would have whined for 6 months. If we're going to lose, we want to lose to their best players.

You're such an angry little man!

While I'm no fan of O$U (or their smug fans) wishing harm on someone else because of a GAME is for people who take this shit too seriously.

Now if he'd harmed a child, or murdered someone, I could see your anger.

But it's just football dude, entertainment for the masses.

Actually, I'm an angy big man, but that is beside the point. The NCAA has ruined any good reputation it had this year.

This is the most embarassing moment in razorback history. To get man handled by this mediocre POS Ohio State team, there are no words. Biggest choke in razorback history, just unreal. Completely out of sync in every facet of the game.

R. C. the game is not over. Things can change in a hurry...and Ark is a good team.

Calm down!

You're such an angry little man!

While I'm no fan of O$U (or their smug fans) wishing harm on someone else because of a GAME is for people who take this shit too seriously.

Now if he'd harmed a child, or murdered someone, I could see your anger.

But it's just football dude, entertainment for the masses.

Don't forget that Dick Butkus once said his ultimate goal was to hit a quarterback so hard his head snapped off.

It's a rough game.

No one really wishes death to the other team. Just metaphorical death.

And I agree, that first half was embarrassing.

R. C. the game is not over. Things can change in a hurry...and Ark is a good team.

Calm down!

I just don't want to have the dishonor of being the only SEC team that can't handle the big 10, it's embarassing. Humiliation is worse than broken bones.

Calm down!

I just don't want to have the dishonor of being the only SEC team that can't handle the big 10, it's embarassing. Humiliation is worse than broken bones.

I definitely understand! I am pulling as hard as I can for Arkansas!

They really needed a score just now..but still time. Making me a nervous wreck here! :redface: :lol:

Forum List

Back