Suffering The Slings And Arrows

toobfreak

Tungsten/Glass Member
Apr 29, 2017
On The Way Home To Earth
Hello! I am new to message boards such as this, but thought that I would give it a try. I had my trepidations as reading the rules it says not to post anything offensive, when /anything/ can be deemed "offensive" to another, yet in reading many threads, I don't see anything I might say that would be any more "offensive" than that already bantered about! So, I will give it a try. I'm a reasonable guy.

I'm at a disadvantage as I tend towards the very conservative and follow politics, but am fair-minded. That is already three strikes. Months back I joined a pipe smoking forum where politics were verboten though often discussed and ignored anyway. I mentioned in passing that I wish they would keep politics out of movies (shoving their ideology on others under the guise of it being part of the story) and they banned me! Mentioning that you don't want politics in your films was deemed "political." The moderator suggested there are better places for such "controversial topics" and I finally thought, why the hell not?

Asses.

So I looked around and found a few expressly conservative sites that seemed boring what with everyone expressing the same topics and views, but I liked this one better even though it does not appear to be expressly conservative. So here I am, I will try not to offend anyone with a conservative POV, in exchange I agree to fairly consider and debate your (more liberal?) view. From the looks of it, there is room for most any topic and discussion so long as it is kept civil. Thanks for having me aboard.

BTW, what is a toobfreak? I am an audio guru. I design and build high end music systems. But you can just call me toob.

That is boot backwards, just thought you should know...

Welcome, I use the site without speakers.

Hello! I am new to message boards such as this, but thought that I would give it a try. I had my trepidations as reading the rules it says not to post anything offensive, when /anything/ can be deemed "offensive" to another, yet in reading many threads, I don't see anything I might say that would be any more "offensive" than that already bantered about! So, I will give it a try. I'm a reasonable guy.

I'm at a disadvantage as I tend towards the very conservative and follow politics, but am fair-minded. That is already three strikes. Months back I joined a pipe smoking forum where politics were verboten though often discussed and ignored anyway. I mentioned in passing that I wish they would keep politics out of movies (shoving their ideology on others under the guise of it being part of the story) and they banned me! Mentioning that you don't want politics in your films was deemed "political." The moderator suggested there are better places for such "controversial topics" and I finally thought, why the hell not?

Asses.

So I looked around and found a few expressly conservative sites that seemed boring what with everyone expressing the same topics and views, but I liked this one better even though it does not appear to be expressly conservative. So here I am, I will try not to offend anyone with a conservative POV, in exchange I agree to fairly consider and debate your (more liberal?) view. From the looks of it, there is room for most any topic and discussion so long as it is kept civil. Thanks for having me aboard.

BTW, what is a toobfreak? I am an audio guru. I design and build high end music systems. But you can just call me toob.
You can be politically offensive here, just watch which forums you are in. Some are more "protected" than others. In Politics, you shouldn't hurl an insult without including some comment about the post topic, as well. There are a few others also in Zone 2. Just read the rules; it says. Clean Debate Zone you have to use your Sunday manners.

speakers?

we post here, not speak.

Welcome to the bored

Asses.

You can be politically offensive here, just watch which forums you are in. Some are more "protected" than others. In Politics, you shouldn't hurl an insult without including some comment about the post topic, as well. There are a few others also in Zone 2. Just read the rules; it says. Clean Debate Zone you have to use your Sunday manners.
I often just look at the "Active Topic" side panel, and post in what ever is trending, and it has gotten me in trouble, because I have neglected to watch what Zone it was posted in. So on days when I have been in FZ posting mode, and click on thread that was in the "Clean Debate" . . . ooops. Other than that, I rarely have a problem. I think the place is really well moderated.

Hossfly will steal your bike. The moderators have been getting better, yes, imo. You should like it here.

th

Hello Mr. Toob, sir.
I haven't been kicked out yet so the mods are lazy or incredibly lax.
Both good things.

Asses.

Welcome.

Don't worry about being offensive because people here are tough skinned. Except for the liberal whiny pukes. As for getting a ban, you'll be tougher after being banned 4 or 5 times.

Asses.

Welcome to the forum!

Funny_Welcome_Mat_M104_B_1.jpg

Asses.

Ah, we have a new inmate. Welcome, I'm Dr Hackenbush, Nurse Ratched should me making the medication rounds soon and jacket with ties is required dinner wear. Sorry they only come in white........
d3e4e9a63cdac9d4c54d53bd5f75cff5.jpg

Hope you enjoy your stay!! :thup:

Forum List

Back