Sueing manufactorers?

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
North Carolina
If a drunk driver runs you over with his car, can you sue the car maker? If a crazy person drives his car into a crowd of people killing and maiming can the survivors sue the car manufacturer? If a person knives people can the survivors sue the knife maker? If a man buys fertilizer and makes a bomb and kills can the fertilizer maker be sued?

If someone uses a shovel to beat people to death can the shovel maker be sued? If someone takes a combine and runs people over with it can the Manufacturer be sued? If someone drops jars off a building killing people can the jar maker be sued?

when South West Salt lake Valley was nothing but dry farm area a couple of guys got on my friends combines and drove them straight at each other at full speed.

If a drunk driver runs you over with his car, can you sue the car maker? If a crazy person drives his car into a crowd of people killing and maiming can the survivors sue the car manufacturer? If a person knives people can the survivors sue the knife maker? If a man buys fertilizer and makes a bomb and kills can the fertilizer maker be sued?

If someone uses a shovel to beat people to death can the shovel maker be sued? If someone takes a combine and runs people over with it can the Manufacturer be sued? If someone drops jars off a building killing people can the jar maker be sued?

Brilliant!

The undefeatable logic of the standard nutter on display!

Brilliant!

Then defeat the logic......

ah....you can, right?

Tell Me, when you make something, and sell it.......if it is misused a year later and someone dies, shall we come after you and put you in jail?

You can defend against that.........................right?

typical failure to think critically.....

BTW....I won't bother to correct your spelling...

After reading this post, I've decided life isn't worth living.

I've instructed my wife to sue Dell, Comcast, and USMB.

Brilliant!

ah....you can, right?

Tell Me, when you make something, and sell it.......if it is misused a year later and someone dies, shall we come after you and put you in jail?

Let's pretend that the OP was not Trying to ONCE AGAIN make a correlation between guns and everything else in the world that isn't exclusively designed to kill people.

I once worked for a manufacturer of cutting tools. We were sued many times by users who put their finger or hand in the path of the cutting tool and cut themselves.

So the answer is yes. You can be sued.

Feel better?

Brilliant!

ah....you can, right?

Let's pretend that the OP was not Trying to ONCE AGAIN make a correlation between guns and everything else in the world that isn't exclusively designed to kill people.

I once worked for a manufacturer of cutting tools. We were sued many times by users who put their finger or hand in the path of the cutting tool and cut themselves.

Feel better?
So, you were sued because the user of the tool cut him or her self.

Where you sued because the original owner sold the tool to someone, and was that someone sued, and they then said that you were responsible?

Did they use the tool improperly? Was the law suit successful?

You see, you failed the major test that is under discussion.

Dummy. Everyone gets sued. Us, the distributor who sold the tool to the user, the machine manufacturer, the distributor who sold the machine to the user. It is what happens.

Now please.......this thread is not a test. It is a troll attempt. It failed.

Dummy. Everyone gets sued. Us, the distributor who sold the tool to the user, the machine manufacturer, the distributor who sold the machine to the user. It is what happens.

In this society, you can be sued for having your coffee too hot.

You are not making a valid case or refuting the logic that the gun manufacturer is responsible. Only that people can sue other people.

So, idiot. How is it that the gun manufacturer can be sued for the gun operating exactly as it was designed to do, but was used by someone else to kill someone else?

I won't wait up. Something tells Me you are to fucking stupid to even understand what it is that is being discussed.

A big amen to that!

Brilliant!

Let's see you defeat it, numskull.

Brilliant!

ah....you can, right?

Feel better?

All that proves is that there is no limit to the stupidities the legal system will indulge. That doesn't alter the fact that they are stupidities.

Brilliant!

ah....you can, right?

Feel better?

Just another reason the loser should pay the winners attorneys fees for frivolous lawsuits.

Why not spin the wheel and hope for a settlement if there is no downside for losing.

ah....you can, right?

Feel better?

Just another reason the loser should pay the winners attorneys fees for frivolous lawsuits.

Why not spin the wheel and hope for a settlement if there is no downside for losing.

It hardly matters what the subject is.....nutters will fall over themselves trying to push generalities and define reality with stereotypes.

Sometimes lawsuits are not frivolous. We lost some of those cases.

Forum List

Back